Author Topic: 2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.  (Read 56988 times)

Tony

• View Profile
Re: 2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »
He would have worked out alright. Pity. My eldest son played both codes with him years ago for a school team and he was and is a top lad all round, always helping others out and always had a top attitude to everything. Not many people would commit to their county if they lived in another country entirely - England in Cahir's case. A shame he won't be around, I think we could really have done with him. Best of luck to him with his recovery.

BobbyBoucherJr

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »
Be a few changes this weekend, lillis suspended, byrne will be outand piggott out for a few weeks apparentley.

on the hop

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2019, 09:35:46 PM »
What’s the view on the team

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2019, 09:55:15 PM »
Interesting team.

Unlaoised

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2019, 10:56:33 PM »
Me likey .....

Mark Barry and Cahillne to shine ...

Good chance for Meaney to right the wrongs of Sligo two years ago ....

Looking forward to this
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2019, 10:58:18 PM »
Who'd have thought after the Leinster semi last year we'd have seen Dicey and Stephen in the Laois starting line up ...

I hope a good crowd turns up Sunday for the first home game
LAOIS ABÚ

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2019, 10:06:49 AM »
What’s the view on the team

Better team. No doubt about it. Some changes were absolutely necessary. I'm convinced last week was as much about focus as it was players not performing. We need to be tuned in and hungrier. We need to be on our toes and moving all the time. Nobody should care about promotion as that will look after itself if we apply ourselves properly. f it doesn't then we still have work to do. After last week, we have a lot of work to get through. I don't see the point in players working as hard as they do only to go and let themselves down so badly.

I still feel that the Championship side will contain and will need to contain some of our better young lads. That said, it's the league and we're still experimenting

Chrimtain

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2019, 10:56:40 AM »
Disappointed about Colin Murphy

Countyminor

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2019, 11:30:19 AM »
Interesting team alright, I doubt anyone could've possibly predicted tomorrows lineup somewhat accurately prior to Louth. But injuries & suspensions are what they are. Excited to see Mark Barry start, a lovely, stylish player who can do it all. Great to see Dicey start his first competitive game in a year too. No room for complacency, but you'd expect there to be enough in this team to win somewhat comfortably.

Heshs Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »
Disappointed about Colin Murphy
Me too. I'd be giving him a run of starts. But to be fair, I'm not at training three or four times a week! I trust the lads over the team.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

les Antiques

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2019, 03:52:33 PM »
I don't think we have seen the last of Murphy , still early days .

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 09, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »
I'd agree. It's a massive step up to inter county football. He looked a little lost last week, but then again he wasn't alone. The senior players need to lead by example and more importantly show by example

Chrimtain

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 10, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
Based on today's performance, although we have some defensive frailties, I think there are a number of things to feel very positive about, not least of which is the number of young guys that John Sugrue is introducing to what was an ageing team. Today, Mark Barry provided one of the best 'full debuts' we have seen in a long time. Up to the point he was unfairly sent off, I thought Maty Scully did very well too. Added to that we saw the introduction of young guys like Tyrrell and O'Flynn. I hope I am not tempting fate, but, looking to the future, I think we have reasons to be optimistic.

Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 10, 2019, 05:57:36 PM »
Much better today. Bossed the game. Still a lot to work on, especially with teams running through us. I thought Scully was having a great game, very physical, comfortable on the ball and great distribution. The sending off was extremely harsh and I'm sure it'll be appealed. Brody had a few poor kickouts but I don't think he could have done much about the goals. Dillon played well in the full back line and I think Nerney is looking better with every game. As I said, Scully had a great game and with Attride and Begley, the half back line were strong and mobile.
I thought Meaney did well enough in midfield, enough to hold on to the jersey. O'Reilly worked very hard and got on a lot of ball. Barry scored a nice point, played well overall but maybe needs to work on his right foot. Lowry did well when he came on and Murphy got two points. Obviously, our main lads were the difference, Kingston and O'Carroll. They worked well alternating between half and full forward.
It has to be said that Sligo weren't very good but then again, Louth weren't very good so nice to get the win, a lot of positives and still plenty to work on.

Chrimtain

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 10, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
In Mark Barry's case, I thought, for a lad so young, he was very lively and extremely eager to get on the ball. Definitely one for the future. (I hope I haven't put the hex on him now).

It was interesting to hear John Sugrue talk of the 'exciting young talent' in the panel in his after match interview.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:09:56 PM by Chrimtain »