Author Topic: 2019 Allianz National Hurling League  (Read 10710 times)

SCFC

• View Profile
Re: 2019 Allianz National Hurling League
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2019, 03:01:56 PM »
Also, what purpose does the camogie chick serve, apart from pandering to political correctness??! Dreadful.
I'm.not mad about you describing her as a chick but agree 100% with your post. It's crazy having a camogie player as a pundit on hurling. She was very nervous and I actually felt a bit sorry for her.

Heshs Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »
Also, what purpose does the camogie chick serve, apart from pandering to political correctness??! Dreadful.
I'm.not mad about you describing her as a chick but agree 100% with your post. It's crazy having a camogie player as a pundit on hurling. She was very nervous and I actually felt a bit sorry for her.
Completely disregarding her gender, I thought she really added nothing to the discussion. But you could say the same about plenty of male pundits too. Dessie Dolan would be one I don't get at all.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Mossy Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2019, 04:09:35 PM »
Iíve read the first part of this a few times & still canít get the point you are making.
He is an inter county manager appearing as a pundit on RT…. How is that not a conflict of interest?
The person I think this could damage most is Eddie. Imagine Codyís opinion on this?
When Cody goes, I donít think behaviour like this will be looked on as appropriate in terms of their replacement.

Anyways, hopefully itís not a regular thing and doesnít become a talking point. Nearly sorry I mentioned it now, Steven Miller will probably have a bounty on my head.
Haha! I was thinking the same thing.

blueandwhite1

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2019, 04:30:59 PM »
If he was a teacher or something else besides county manager would we be saying he shouldn't be doing it? He is still a full time Garda too. It's not as if Laois are paying the man millions. I think we should judge him by what he is getting out of the players and how they are responding to him. So far, he has had to deal with a significant number of no-shows by players for different reasons and has managed to get some positivity back into the setup. I know Offaly are struggling but the quality of the Laois performance on Saturday night was higher than it has been in a few years and we have a chance of avoiding relegation next week.

Will Lee Cleere be available next week? Any word on how Cha is doing?

Iíve read the first part of this a few times & still canít get the point you are making.
He is an inter county manager appearing as a pundit on RT…. How is that not a conflict of interest?
The person I think this could damage most is Eddie. Imagine Codyís opinion on this?
When Cody goes, I donít think behaviour like this will be looked on as appropriate in terms of their replacement.

Anyways, hopefully itís not a regular thing and doesnít become a talking point. Nearly sorry I mentioned it now, Steven Miller will probably have a bounty on my head.

My point is that the chap is protecting an income stream for the future. Not sure it's a massive conflict of interest. Lots of other sports have existing managers in semi-punditry mode. Rugby for example.

Mossy Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »
From LaoisToday, today:

Mid-Term Report
"Here, we take a look at the players who have featured so far and those who have yet to do so, review of the games played in the league so far, preview whatís to come and finally give them a grade on their performance to date."

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/02/20/laois-hurlers-mid-term-report/

Mossy Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2019, 09:23:20 PM »