Author Topic: Munster Minor Football 2019 - New Format  (Read 228 times)

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
Munster Minor Football 2019 - New Format
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:05:31 PM »
For 2019 the competition will have two phases.

Phase 1 is a group of 4 - Clare, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford.  3 games for each team.

Phase 2 will be a group of 3 - Cork, Kerry and the winner of Phase 1.  2 games for each team in  Phase 2.  First game will be Cork v Kerry, second game will be Cork/Kerry loser v Phase 1 winner, third game will be Cork/Kerry winner v winner of Phase 1.

Top 2 teams at the conclusion of Phase 2 contest the Munster Final.

Sounds ok to me.  Any comments?

tippabu

• View Profile
Re: Munster Minor Football 2019 - New Format
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
I can fully understand why but i dont like the fact kerry and cork are cherry picked to go straight into phase 2 based on tradition alone. I love the extra games from a tipp point of view at this level as minor, especially now its under 17, is all about development. I cant see ourselves doing anything in minor again though, next years minor and the team the following year are very very good and i would expect a good run and chance at winning a munster with them but there is no hope of that with the new format because the day of the dual player at minor is gone and we wont be able compete without the dual players. so to sum up mixed emotions on it but i certainly wouldnt be against it just unfortunate for ourselves in getting the best players now to play football