Cheeky Dubs

Started by Dinny Breen, May 15, 2007, 01:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northside Dub

Were gonna to win the Sam, were gonna to win the Sam, your hardly gonna believe us, your hardly gonna believe us WERE GONNA WIN THE SAM ;D ;D
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

full back

Quote from: Bensars on May 16, 2007, 02:39:58 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 16, 2007, 12:23:59 PM
Any volunteers for searching out forkins legendary post to celebrate his return to the board? Was one of the all time greats...

Was that the one where he tried to tarnish the name of an Ulster football county team and ended up revealing to the world that he had given paula a dose , and he himself was on the tablets ?

That's the one Bensars
Right up there with Fearon & the wrong AI weekend
Classic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: full back on May 16, 2007, 12:30:31 PM
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=1871.0

Just for you Croi
knifeinfork edited his original post, but read down & you will see the kisses
CLASSIC :D :D

That's the one, cheers full back. Busy day today or else who have tracked her down myself... Must set aside half an hour later on for some serious entertainment...

Quote from: Bensars on May 16, 2007, 02:39:58 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 16, 2007, 12:23:59 PM
Any volunteers for searching out forkins legendary post to celebrate his return to the board? Was one of the all time greats...

Was that the one where he tried to tarnish the name of an Ulster football county team and ended up revealing to the world that he had given paula a dose , and he himself was on the tablets ?

The one and only. U'd think he'd come up with a new name every time he comes back on to the board. On second thoughts he'd be more or less rumbled straight away since all he gives is jip. He's hardly Soccerfella alter ego, qualified to speak on "GAA matters"???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on May 16, 2007, 02:41:05 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 16, 2007, 02:29:55 PM
Quote from: tayto on May 16, 2007, 01:22:42 PM
Yea the herald being a 'national paper' bit is stretching it a bit alright, i think they just mean you can buy it nationwide. it's about the only paper that covers dublin club games. sher, ye all have yer local papers as well.

stretching it calling it a newspaper too if ya ask me  :P

true enough, only buy it for me Dublin GAA section of a tuesday.
I get all the fixtures from hill16 - so wouldnt buy that rag
certainly wouldnt even take the free version in the morning.
But I'm odd so nothing surprising there.

Gnevin

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on May 16, 2007, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on May 16, 2007, 01:28:39 PM
Quote from: tayto on May 16, 2007, 01:22:42 PM
Yea the herald being a 'national paper' bit is stretching it a bit alright, i think they just mean you can buy it nationwide. it's about the only paper that covers dublin club games. sher, ye all have yer local papers as well.
What was the Laois paper from last year that said they would laugh the Dubs off the pitch?

That was the Laois Nationalist Gnevin.
Of course the fact that it was one of two tongue in cheek pieces written fron the point of view of two journalists (one a local, one a Dub we condescended to let work in Laois ;)) was completely ignored by the rag that is the Herald which instead used a bit of selective quoting from the Laois journalist's humourously intended piece to invent a story.
Heres the two articles - make up your own mind.

http://archives.tcm.ie/laoisnationalist/2006/06/22/story23210.asp

http://archives.tcm.ie/laoisnationalist/2006/06/22/story23211.asp
Laois people with a sense of humor ! Now i know your lying .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

tayto

Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 16, 2007, 02:56:11 PM

Ah still you get some snippets of info that you mightnt otherwise get, for example, the south dublin colleges are playing in the leinster junior cup today v kierans. not a schnifter on hill16. get some reviews of matches and that that you wouldnt necessarily get to either.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tayto on May 16, 2007, 04:22:58 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on May 16, 2007, 02:56:11 PM

Ah still you get some snippets of info that you mightnt otherwise get, for example, the south dublin colleges are playing in the leinster junior cup today v kierans. not a schnifter on hill16. get some reviews of matches and that that you wouldnt necessarily get to either.
I know about that
there were no league tables all year in 2006 regarding minor football.
Often dont have the correct fixtures up either.

Still I'd not buy that glorified parchment of andrex if it killed me !

heganboy

I love when you see the Cheeky dubs threads popping up - means we're actually approaching the business end of the year...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Kerry Mike

A Cork lad at work today asked me when Kerry were playing their first game this year, I said September.

You have to keep those Langers on the back foot at all possible opportunities.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

tayto

;D ;D ;D ;D

You gotta love this time of year alright. oh the bravado!

tayto

Quote from: rosnarun on May 16, 2007, 10:57:31 AM
QuoteI bet there's nothing about the dubs in this weeks Sunday Times.
Or are you talking about the rags? [and i include the s'indo in that]
if it's rags you deserve everything you get!

not like the decent sunday time a typical union jack waving jackeen. Queen Vic would be pround of you

thinking back to that comment ... hahahahahaaaa ...

i take it you never watch the BBC, avoid marks n sparks like the plague, HMV, or Virgin, debenhams etc etc... all for fear someone will think you're any less an Irish man.

I hope to christ you were joking!  :-* :-*