Author Topic: Should Tyrone speak to RTE  (Read 17865 times)

straightred

• View Profile
Re: Should Tyrone speak to RTE
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2018, 09:05:59 PM »
I was talking to a brother of a Monaghan player and he said it was sectarian abuse. Disgusting if true and for someone from Tyrone, a county which knows all about sectarian bigotry to say such a thing on a Gaelic football field is as low as I've ever heard. Should be named and shamed.
I heard about it the evening of the game but said nothing as i don't know what happened. The version i heard was that it was bad - if there's talk of a statement it must have been

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2018, 09:29:09 PM »
A week ago I heard that Ryan McAnespie was on the receiving end of verbal abuse during the semi-final.

It would appear that some of the Tyrone players think anything is fair game to try and get inside the head of an opponent.  But surely, some things aren't worth winning that much?

straightred

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 02, 2018, 09:31:13 PM »
A week ago I heard that Ryan McAnespie was on the receiving end of verbal abuse during the semi-final.

It would appear that some of the Tyrone players think anything is fair game to try and get inside the head of an opponent.  But surely, some things aren't worth winning that much?

Sledging is a fact of life - it happens in all sports. If i'm honest i did a bit of it myself.

The difference here is where's the line between what's acceptable and what's bang out of order

Mourne Red

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »
Canít say Iím surprised to hear.. Sure these players were part of the u21 team that played Tipperary and wrote the names and numbers of Tip players girlfriends on there arms.. No class

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2018, 09:46:50 PM »
Nothing new with Tyrone. Sledging is part of the game but references to peopleís personal lives and things like the death of a father or another loved one or sectarian abuse are over the line of acceptable sledging. Mickey Harte may not condone it but he certainly never condemns it. For someone who has been through so much personally I would question his a la Carte Christian views on what is acceptable and what isnít.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2018, 09:50:35 PM »
Nothing new with Tyrone. Sledging is part of the game but references to peopleís personal lives and things like the death of a father or another loved one or sectarian abuse are over the line of acceptable sledging. Mickey Harte may not condone it but he certainly never condemns it. For someone who has been through so much personally I would question his a la Carte Christian views on what is acceptable and what isnít.

Bit like the al la carte views on what consitutes rape in in the Ulster trial threads..

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #336 on: September 02, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »
Canít say Iím surprised to hear.. Sure these players were part of the u21 team that played Tipperary and wrote the names and numbers of Tip players girlfriends on there arms.. No class
This was supposed to be Conor Gormley on Alan Brogan.

Getting more Urban Mythy.
Do people even know other peopleís mobile phone numbers?

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2018, 09:51:42 PM »
I absolutely hope they do
I think you're stretching it to suggest from that statement a lot of the things you have insinuated, but carry on.
If you absolutely hope they release a statement saying they received verbal abuse against Tyrone, it is not a stretch at all to say that you absolutely hope that the verbal abuse did happen and that the culprits get called out for it. Indeed, it is perfectly logical.
Unless you have some issue with the Wylies, it would be logical to suggest that the only reason you absolutely hope this is because it will shine a negative light on a Tyrone team that we know you dislike, going by your previous posts.
All perfectly logical for me.

And you, of course.
I did hear a rumour about sectarian comments made to the Wylies during the match and was aware of Drewís refusal to shake hands so Iím glad that if it is the case theyíre going to make it public. Nothing wrong with that is there
Careful now

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #338 on: September 02, 2018, 09:52:59 PM »
I absolutely hope they do
I think you're stretching it to suggest from that statement a lot of the things you have insinuated, but carry on.
If you absolutely hope they release a statement saying they received verbal abuse against Tyrone, it is not a stretch at all to say that you absolutely hope that the verbal abuse did happen and that the culprits get called out for it. Indeed, it is perfectly logical.
Unless you have some issue with the Wylies, it would be logical to suggest that the only reason you absolutely hope this is because it will shine a negative light on a Tyrone team that we know you dislike, going by your previous posts.
All perfectly logical for me.

And you, of course.
I did hear a rumour about sectarian comments made to the Wylies during the match and was aware of Drewís refusal to shake hands so Iím glad that if it is the case theyíre going to make it public. Nothing wrong with that is there
So, you hope it is true? Why?

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 02, 2018, 10:00:26 PM »
I never said that. I said that Iím glad that if it is the case then theyíre going to make it public. You really need to stop allowing your Tyrone bias to try and distort what Iím saying
Careful now

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #340 on: September 02, 2018, 10:02:29 PM »
I never said that. I said that Iím glad that if it is the case then theyíre going to make it public. You really need to stop allowing your Tyrone bias to try and distort what Iím saying
Your original comment never mentioned ďif it is the caseĒ. Thatís where the problem arises.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 02, 2018, 10:03:49 PM »
The RTE pundits (imo pointedly) kept reiterating how the Dubs should be applauded for their conduct on and off the pitch and what great role models they are. Not something you ever hear about Tyrone. Brolly is bound to know the inside line on these stories.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:06:36 PM by Tony Baloney »

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 02, 2018, 10:05:46 PM »
Your original comment never mentioned ďif it is the caseĒ. Thatís where the problem arises.
Ok. So are you happier now
Careful now

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #343 on: September 02, 2018, 10:06:20 PM »
Ok. So are you happier now
Yip.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »
Good stuff
Careful now