Author Topic: Should Tyrone speak to RTE  (Read 17832 times)

Orchard park

• View Profile
Re: Should Tyrone speak to RTE
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »
Anyone hear that the Wylies are releasing a statement about the things that were said to them in the semi final?

No.
Did you?

Yeah heard from a couple Monaghan lads. They wanted to wait till after the final as not to distract from it.

It was concerned about their family and religion.
Surely just a misunderstanding on the field of play.

Better off dealing with same issue as Colin Regan did with Francis Grehan  almost 20 years back.....

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »
I absolutely hope they do
Do you know what was said?
No, but hopefully we'll all find out when they release their statement. I could hazard a guess mind you
Careful now

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
No, but hopefully we'll all find out when they release their statement. I could hazard a guess mind you
Strange comment for someone to make when they have no idea what was said. Effectively, you hope something really bad was said to them and that they release a statement on it. Your hope for Tyrone to be cast in a negative light is much greater than any sympathy you have for the victims of verbal abuse.

southtyronegael

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 02, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
I was talking to a brother of a Monaghan player and he said it was sectarian abuse. Disgusting if true and for someone from Tyrone, a county which knows all about sectarian bigotry to say such a thing on a Gaelic football field is as low as I've ever heard. Should be named and shamed.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 02, 2018, 08:03:31 PM »
I was talking to a brother of a Monaghan player and he said it was sectarian abuse. Disgusting if true and for someone from Tyrone, a county which knows all about sectarian bigotry to say such a thing on a Gaelic football field is as low as I've ever heard. Should be named and shamed.

No surprise!! But y’know ... nothing to do with Mickey Harte!!

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 02, 2018, 08:03:41 PM »
Strange comment for someone to make when they have no idea what was said. Effectively, you hope something really bad was said to them and that they release a statement on it. Your hope for Tyrone to be cast in a negative light is much greater than any sympathy you have for the victims of verbal abuse.
Dont see how you can come to that conclusion to be honest
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 02, 2018, 08:04:53 PM »

It was Sky TV's fault
Careful now

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #322 on: September 02, 2018, 08:05:51 PM »
As you clearly outlined that you want it to be true despite having no idea if it is or not.

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #323 on: September 02, 2018, 08:07:20 PM »

If a Tyrone player is guilty of this, I would hope he takes responsibility himself rather than saying that Mickey Harte sent me out to do it.
You boys are crazy.

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 02, 2018, 08:08:32 PM »
As you clearly outlined that you want it to be true despite having no idea if it is or not.
Again I can't see how you came to that conclusion either.
Careful now

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2018, 08:11:54 PM »

If a Tyrone player is guilty of this, I would hope he takes responsibility himself rather than saying that Mickey Harte sent me out to do it.
You boys are crazy.

Oh no that’s not how it works... the lads go out to play a game and things happen and escalate but they don’t mean it and Mickey would never send anyone out to do that but at the same time he’s a good lad blah blah Ricey McMenin spiel rehashed!!

He can cut all that shit out if he wants but he chooses not to!

Dougal Maguire

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
I think you're stretching it to suggest from that statement a lot of the things you have insinuated, but carry on.
Careful now

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2018, 08:55:50 PM »
I think you're stretching it to suggest from that statement a lot of the things you have insinuated, but carry on.

You don’t know what was said but you hope it is released - for what reason do you want something you know nothing about to be released?
That was never a square ball!!

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #329 on: September 02, 2018, 08:59:56 PM »
If you absolutely hope they release a statement saying they received verbal abuse against Tyrone, it is not a stretch at all to say that you absolutely hope that the verbal abuse did happen and that the culprits get called out for it. Indeed, it is perfectly logical.
Unless you have some issue with the Wylies, it would be logical to suggest that the only reason you absolutely hope this is because it will shine a negative light on a Tyrone team that we know you dislike, going by your previous posts.
All perfectly logical for me.

And you, of course.