Author Topic: Galway vs Dublin - All Ireland Semi Final - 11/8/2018  (Read 11109 times)

seafoid

• View Profile
Re: Galway vs Dublin - All Ireland Semi Final - 11/8/2018
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2018, 10:03:00 AM »
Pundits such as Colm O’Rourke,Joe Brolly, Tomás Ó Sé and Dara Ó Sé have all written articles over the course of the season about how good Shay Walsh is, how restrictive the defensive system is and how the forwards should be let loose. Maybe this weekend may be the time to scaoil amach an bobailín

Shay Walsh is from the next village over, and played 20 years ago.
Effin iPhones
Shane is better as well
Those biscuits are for the visitors

TheGreatest

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2018, 11:51:22 AM »
Pundits such as Colm O’Rourke,Joe Brolly, Tomás Ó Sé and Dara Ó Sé have all written articles over the course of the season about how good Shay Walsh is, how restrictive the defensive system is and how the forwards should be let loose. Maybe this weekend may be the time to scaoil amach an bobailín

;D

Best of luck to Galway tomorrow. Bookies (PP) have Dublin 1/7, 14/1 draw and Galway 11/2.

31 V 1.

A mayo man, suffered more defeats to Galway than Dublin through history.

mouview

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2018, 12:30:16 PM »

;D

Best of luck to Galway tomorrow. Bookies (PP) have Dublin 1/7, 14/1 draw and Galway 11/2.

31 V 1.

They've had their equal (almost absolutely) share of victories over Galway also, and none of the defeats have hardly been as heartbreaking as this decade's at the hands of the Dubs.

I really think Galway were being held back last Saturday, and will go at it all guns blazing tomorrow. Whether twill be enough, I don't expect so, but they have a punchers chance perhaps. Really need Michael Daly, for his scoring ability, to play well but I'm unsure how fit he will be. Brannigan's form has been regressing during the championship - oh to have a player of superior ability like Ml. Farragher to call on. I've consistently held the view also that we need one more managerial iteration to finally get the best of this team, but hopefully KW will have disproven that theory by 6.30ish pm amarach.

galwayman

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
Hmmm I dunno - Farragher played several games in 2013 and was poor enough in them.
Also in the league final last year (albeit at centre back) he wasn’t good nor when he came on against Kerry.
A full league campaign would tell the tale with him I guess.
If Corofin win Connacht again that won’t happen next year tho

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2018, 01:31:27 PM »

;D

31 V 1.

They've had their equal (almost absolutely) share of victories over Galway also, and none of the defeats have hardly been as heartbreaking as this decade's at the hands of the Dubs.

I really think Galway were being held back last Saturday, and will go at it all guns blazing tomorrow. Whether twill be enough, I don't expect so, but they have a punchers chance perhaps. Really need Michael Daly, for his scoring ability, to play well but I'm unsure how fit he will be. Brannigan's form has been regressing during the championship - oh to have a player of superior ability like Ml. Farragher to call on. I've consistently held the view also that we need one more managerial iteration to finally get the best of this team, but hopefully KW will have disproven that theory by 6.30ish pm amarach.
I also think they were held back and will be different. Plus Galway football as a franchise doesn’t get much recognition at 7/1. The last day does not matter.

Duine Eile

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2018, 01:35:34 PM »

Agree completely but that's an argument for another day. This team have given us a great year so far, let's see what tomorrow brings.

Mayo4Sam14

• Mayo for sam
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2018, 01:40:50 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/406048692871923/posts/1627428060733974/

Let’s just put a pin in this and come back to it at about 5.30pm tomorrow...
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

cornetto

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2018, 01:48:50 PM »
Was looking back at last year's final Jesus after such a bad start,mayo fairly came back at them I know mayo came up short but really showed when the press is on they are prone to mistakes like any other.Galway half back line nowhere as good as mayo so whether they can create the chances like mayo did remains to be seen.Galway have Been using the high press second half v ross and second half v kerry and "depress" v monaghan.im hoping it will be as tight as league final but would still have the dubs ahead by 5pts at the finish.

GalwayBayBoy

• No show like a Joe show!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2018, 01:57:03 PM »
Paddy Tally's stay in Galway to be a brief one? I see he's favourite for the Down job.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2018, 04:49:30 PM »
Paddy Tally's stay in Galway to be a brief one? I see he's favourite for the Down job.

Not great for Galway for a coach to be linked to a job mid-season..

omagh_gael

• '03, '05 + '08...not bad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2018, 12:25:25 AM »

Bound to be tempting considering the travel involved with the Galway gig

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2018, 07:40:05 AM »
Indo

« It's the tallest of orders for Galway, who haven't beaten Dublin in the championship for 84 years « 

That was the 1934 final. Tull Dunne was on the team. He later managed the 3 in a row. He knew all the codes. A real gentleman as well. I used to go to matches with him

urbangael

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2018, 07:46:59 AM »
Predicted attendance for today's game? Will Galway travel or save themselves for the hurling. Can't see any more than 60k

The Hill is Blue

• Des Foley - all time great
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »
Indo

« It's the tallest of orders for Galway, who haven't beaten Dublin in the championship for 84 years «

That was the 1934 final. Tull Dunne was on the team. He later managed the 3 in a row. He knew all the codes. A real gentleman as well. I used to go to matches with him

So the big day has arrived and I haven’t a clue who will win. Looking at the weather forecast I expect to get soaked on the Hill, but once the game starts you don’t notice the rain. Good luck to all Galway’s travelling fans - enjoy the day. Nothing has yet been won or lost - the slate is still clean.

COYBIB
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

GaillimhIarthair

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2018, 08:27:10 AM »
Looking forward to a fully committed performance out of our lads today.  Will our best be good enough?  Probably not, but would like to see us in with a shout around the 60 min mark and see where it takes us.  Best of luck to both Galway teams in action later.