Heaney lambastes Tyrone cheats (sort of)

Started by ONeill, May 15, 2007, 09:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteFor instance, the Leitrim official actually knew the rules, it was just unfortunate that he made it his personal duty to impose every last one of them.

Jaysus Paddy - what do you want refs to do - let players continually break the rules - just so the game has a bit of ebb and flow ?

Gabriel_Hurl

Leeway my balls - if it's a foul, it's a foul

orangeman

Correct - if it's a foul that's it - end of the story !

never kickt a ball

Paddy is now portraying Fermanagh people as obnoxious.  :D

ziggysego

Not to mention that Armagh supporters are short sighted  :D
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on July 24, 2007, 09:40:59 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2007, 09:57:51 PM

what did he write?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on July 24, 2007, 10:09:39 PM

what did he write?

In a nutshell, a Fermanagh man Heaney knows didn't like Joe Kernan and it was an unfounded judgement. Apparently, according to Paddy, that's typical of those Fermanagh ones.

He touched on the Armagh ones learning in the future, just how great a manager they had in Kernan and some of the supporters should be embarrassed of themselves.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Quote from: ziggysego on July 24, 2007, 10:13:58 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 24, 2007, 10:09:39 PM

what did he write?

In a nutshell, a Fermanagh man Heaney knows didn't like Joe Kernan and it was an unfounded judgement. Apparently, according to Paddy, that's typical of those Fermanagh ones.

He touched on the Armagh ones learning in the future, just how great a manager they had in Kernan and some of the supporters should be embarrassed of themselves.

Fair comment all round!

Square Ball

Is he going round the counties to annoy them? that Fermanagh, Armagh and Kerry in the past few weeks, have I missed any?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on July 24, 2007, 10:54:57 PM
Is he going round the counties to annoy them? that Fermanagh, Armagh and Kerry in the past few weeks, have I missed any?

I think he touched on his native Derry a few weeks ago. Could be wrong though.
Testing Accessibility

offtheground

Anyone have a Irishnews subscription, kind enough to post yesterday's 'against the breeze'. Was Paddy trying to instill abit of grit into his county-men???

Might be better posting this in the Derry vDublin thread  ;)

Drumanee 1

ffs would yous all lighten up,paddys comments are all tongue and cheek.

orangeman

offtheground

ach i know drumanee, I thought it was a good article. Not the best i've read from him. But he def has a point that Derry should expect a 'robust' approach from the dubs. I also liked his suggestion that Derry only needed to play for 35 mins to beat the dubs in the '93 semi, but needed to play the full 70 against a 14 man cork in the final to win. I wouldn't necessarily agree, but I'll def be repeating it to wind up a few dubs on Fri night.

ONeill

Was heading off on holiday when I read his comments on Fermanagh people - something like 'they don't like people but don't know why'. This week he claims the majority of Dub fans don't know their football. Could get the knuckles reddened by the editor if sales drop in certain areas as thick skins are on the wane around the country. Hard to beat thick skins. Not enough of them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.