Author Topic: Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulsterís heart aisf 2018  (Read 27025 times)

trailer

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone v Monaghan the battle for Ulsterís heart aisf 2018
« Reply #720 on: August 16, 2018, 01:04:35 PM »
He's right though. It's utter shite.

How is it utter shite? Lets break down what I actually said for those at a remedial level such as yourself.

A tackle around the neck should be a black imo.

This is my opinion, I say it right there at the end. How someone's opinion on a matter can be utter shite I don't know.

It's just as cynical,

A man running past you through for a score, you trip him or drag him to the ground and it's a black. If you clothesline him it's just as cynical a way to stop a man.

it's more dangerous

Only a moron would argue that a tackle round the neck in the manner we're seeing is less dangerous than a foot trip or being dragged down by the waist.

and players are doing it now intentionally to avoid a black.

Maybe I should have put "imo" i here but it's obviously just my opinion. I've watched football all my life and played a bit too. I don't ever remember a time when there was 3/4 clothesline type tackles in every game like we see now before the black came in. It would seem that players now can't drag a man down for fear of getting a black and the next easiest way to stop them and only get a yellow is to tackle high.

A high tackle is a yellow card offence. Why? because it's dangerous.
The black card was introduced for cynical play.
Tackling someone around the head is not cynical. It's dangerous.

Yellow / Red - Dangerous play
Black - Cynical

Here are the black card offences again.

The Gaelic Football Rule Changes which become operative on 1 January 2014 are as follows:

1. Introduction of a Black Card for Cynical Behaviour Fouls.
2. Change in the number of substitutes allowed.
3. Distinction between Deliberate and Accidental Fouls.
4. Definition of the Tackle.
5. Introduction of a clearer Advantage Rule.
6. A player in possession may score a point with an open-handed hand-pass.

Cynical Behaviour Fouls

1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

The penalty for the above fouls are:

i. Free Kick from where the foul occurred.
ii. Order Off offender by showing him a Black Card*.
iii. Allow a replacement from within the substitutions permitted*.
*Substitutes
ē Increased to SIX per team.
ē Maximum of THREE permitted for Black Card Offenders.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 16, 2018, 01:19:21 PM »
This thread gets more activity than the final thread.

Jayop

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 16, 2018, 01:32:16 PM »
Trailer you muppets read what I said. I said it should be a black not that it was a black.

Clotheslining someone to stop a scoring chance is just as cynical as the things already in the list for a black, it can be more dangerous and as such should be added to the black card list.

Why can people not read what was said before making stupid posts arguing against what wasn't said??

The Subbie

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 16, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »
Trailer you muppets read what I said. I said it should be a black not that it was a black.

Clotheslining someone to stop a scoring chance is just as cynical as the things already in the list for a black, it can be more dangerous and as such should be added to the black card list.

Why can people not read what was said before making stupid posts arguing against what wasn't said??

You donít really understand the way this place works do you :D

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 16, 2018, 01:45:56 PM »

But it can't be Black. Black Card = Cynical Fouls. High tackles aren't cynical. They are dangerous. Hence yellow / red.
And I'm the one who can't read!
More brains in a false face.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 16, 2018, 01:48:13 PM »

But it can't be Black. Black Card = Cynical Fouls. High tackles aren't cynical. They are dangerous. Hence yellow / red.

Away and sh!te.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 16, 2018, 01:49:29 PM »
youre not helping yourself here trailer  ;D

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 16, 2018, 01:50:02 PM »

So if I clothesline someone through on goal it isn't cynical?  ???

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 16, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
You all realise a committee of people looked at fouls for a good period of time and came up with the black card?

Scenario:
Player running through on goal. Clothes-lined completely out of, high and dangerous tackle. You want a Black card = replaced and available next match.
Proper action should be straight red = team down to 14 and suspended for 4 weeks.
Accidental high tackle = yellow card

It's just the typical shite you get on this board. Ideas written up on the back of a fag packet. God forbid you'd point out the stupidity of these ideas.

From now on anyone who commits any foul anywhere should get a black card.