Mid life crisis

Started by The Iceman, July 26, 2018, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 28, 2018, 11:02:14 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2018, 10:00:23 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 27, 2018, 08:39:30 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 27, 2018, 01:31:07 PM
What is a mid life crisis?  Some people's mid life crisis is a daily state of being for others. I finalised my divorce there recently at 42 and feel like I have a great future. If anything I feel like I have had a mid life renaissance. It's all about perspective really.
Out of interest was she a daughter of Satan or high maintenance?

No comment. Just had a difficult set of circumstances to the start of a relationship which had us on the back foot from early on.
Well played sir.

The thing is I walk away from a relationship and I've no regrets. We both have bright futures,  we have 3 wonderful children together and no matter what shit we lived with we still have left a positive legacy on the world from our relationship,  in my opinion anyway. I believe that I will find someone again, and I am enjoying the whole process of being out there again. The world as far as 'dating' has changed dramatically but I'll tell you this the whole process of finding a new love interest is great fun!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2018, 12:25:19 PM
What is a mid life crisis?  Some people's mid life crisis is a daily state of being for others. I finalised my divorce there recently at 42 and feel like I have a great future. If anything I feel like I have had a mid life renaissance. It's all about perspective really.

No comment. Just had a difficult set of circumstances to the start of a relationship which had us on the back foot from early on.
Well played sir.

The thing is I walk away from a relationship and I've no regrets. We both have bright futures,  we have 3 wonderful children together and no matter what shit we lived with we still have left a positive legacy on the world from our relationship,  in my opinion anyway. I believe that I will find someone again, and I am enjoying the whole process of being out there again. The world as far as 'dating' has changed dramatically but I'll tell you this the whole process of finding a new love interest is great fun!!

When it's fine it's great but when it becomes too much for everyone involved and all avenues tried then cutting ties on good terms (well with best intentions) is the best outcome..

The ones I know who recently have separated they initially went overboard on the dating scene then it died down as they were not used to the dating set up nowadays!

Happy hunting

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2018, 12:37:42 PM

Well played sir.

When it's fine it's great but when it becomes too much for everyone involved and all avenues tried then cutting ties on good terms (well with best intentions) is the best outcome..

The ones I know who recently have separated they initially went overboard on the dating scene then it died down as they were not used to the dating set up nowadays!

Happy hunting

It's a bit mental....the differing needs of different women is so diverse. Im kinda in that I between age where I can date younger ones who want kids and older ones who don't. I've done my duty to the world population so I know where my focus is!

BennyCake

Quote from: hardstation on July 26, 2018, 09:57:48 PM
Stop reading how great some cnut's life is on Facebook and tell your wife to do the same. Their life is as big a pile a ballix as yours. They just don't put that on Facebook.

Post of the week.

BennyCake

Quote from: trileacman on July 27, 2018, 02:57:18 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2018, 01:35:07 PM
I put it down to the decline of the influence of the Catholic Church here in Ireland.

Divorce that is, not a midlife crisis.

When word got round that a marriage was on the rocks the local PP would be dispatched round to the house of said couple where the PP would coerce the poor afflicted wife to stay with the adulterous, alcohol sodden, wife beating brute for the good of the family name or the kids.

That's fairly mean spirited, it was rarely the influence of the priest but society's view in general that marriages where meant to stay together.

I'd agree with iceman, people don't ride out the rough patches and make it work the way they used to. If the idealised view of the marriage they have doesn't work out they largely just say f**k it and leave. I look at the generation above my own and you see couples who lived through the troubles and the economic depression of the 70-80s. There's far too idealised a view of romance and marriage in the modern world. There's a large cohort of people who believe that it's meant to be like what they seen in the movies.

I'd definitely agree with that.

BennyCake

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 28, 2018, 09:10:42 AM
I don't buy into the mid life crisis thing. Be thankful for what you have in life, let it be family or whatever. Even the ability to get out of bed and do everyday things! Our couple we would be friendly with split up recently, 10 years married this year. They had the Big House, decent jobs and weren't a bit scared to ram it down your throats than they had a bob or 2. Times have changed now for them.

Be content with what you have and things will be ok was the advice I got on my wedding day.

Seen a few marriages fail like that. A few got into serious debt keeping up the big house/car image, while essential things neglected.

A lot of people are insecure and materialistic these days.

paddyjohn

Quote from: BennyCake on July 28, 2018, 01:16:10 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on July 28, 2018, 09:10:42 AM
I don't buy into the mid life crisis thing. Be thankful for what you have in life, let it be family or whatever. Even the ability to get out of bed and do everyday things! Our couple we would be friendly with split up recently, 10 years married this year. They had the Big House, decent jobs and weren't a bit scared to ram it down your throats than they had a bob or 2. Times have changed now for them.

Be content with what you have and things will be ok was the advice I got on my wedding day.

Seen a few marriages fail like that. A few got into serious debt keeping up the big house/car image, while essential things neglected.

A lot of people are insecure and materialistic these days.

I'm using this couple as an example as it's close at hand to me.

My marriage is far from perfect, it's a work in progress and I think most marriages are, we've worked hard in our jobs and our lives and we are lucky that we both sing off the same hymn sheet. We want the same things but aren't materialistic.

bennydorano

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2018, 12:43:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2018, 12:37:42 PM

Well played sir.

Happy hunting

It's a bit mental....the differing needs of different women is so diverse. Im kinda in that I between age where I can date younger ones who want kids and older ones who don't. I've done my duty to the world population so I know where my focus is!
I've often thought I wouldn't like to be back in that market, I wouldn't know where to start. Getting half cut, talking shite and chasing some thing round a disco hardly works anymore.

brokencrossbar1

Absolutely Benny....it's not like the good old days in the Arena or McKennas ;D

bennydorano

Smokin Joe

It seems like now it's all done on Tinder and the like.  No need to actually talk to a girl anymore, it seems.
The fun was always in the chase.

It's not that long ago that I had to phone the landline in the wife's house and her dad answered the phone and you had to ask to talk to her.
Tell young ones that today and they are aghast!

clarshack

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 28, 2018, 07:15:14 PM
It seems like now it's all done on Tinder and the like.  No need to actually talk to a girl anymore, it seems.

It's not that long ago that I had to phone the landline in the wife's house and her dad answered the phone and you had to ask to talk to her.

Yep that's true alright  ;D

BennyCake

Why was your wife still living at her parents home?  :P

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on July 29, 2018, 12:01:03 AM

Why was your wife still living at her parents home?  :P

35 years is "not that long ago".
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

redzone

May I suggest the Allingham arms hotel in bundoran for a Saturday night out for any of you older generation that are single. Mate does be at and says if you can dance you will sorted no bother