Author Topic: Gaelic Football RIP  (Read 15052 times)

shark

• View Profile
Re: Gaelic Football RIP
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
Didnt all the Dublin team get 3 weeks off before the All Ireland Final last year? How can you compete with that?

You don't have to compete with fairytales. How naive are you?

kerryforsam2018

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2018, 04:03:06 PM »
It this well known. My husband heard from a good source.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2018, 04:34:50 PM »
Don't mind them lads next they'll be telling us they never get to play at home in Parnell Park!  ;)

They'll soon have it all to themselves (if they don't already)!

larryin89

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2018, 05:31:00 PM »
Didnt all the Dublin team get 3 weeks off before the All Ireland Final last year? How can you compete with that?

yeah, and spent that 3 weeks in PED oxygen chambers while hooked up to steroids and washed in 500 Euro notes.

So after the semi final replay in 2015 , the Dublin players just went back to their day to day lives for the week , no sir that is indeed bulshit but the Mayo players did so.
Not a sheep stole in Castlebar since 1986.

tippabu

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »
Why on earth allow a pick off the ground?
If it's because people can't do  the lift properly  sure allow clear throwing of the ball and bring back throw goals.
But one thing for sure is most football games are now horrible spectacles.  Partisan fans will go to see their own teams but neutrals have given up ( except for the ticketed Brigade at AIFs)

Its nothing im saying needs to change but i wouldnt be against a pick up instead if it came in, apart from when players knick it up on the run without bending their back theres not a whole lot of skill to it....the reason i think some positives could come from it is it would speed things up a bit and by far the biggest reason is theres plenty of times a ref interperites from a fair distance away if a ball which is bouncing/skiding off the ground is picked up and a free is given, sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly....that would be the main reason i wouldnt be bothered to see it go. As i said im not championing it but of everything that keeps popping up ive yet to see a whole lot of suggestions that would improve the game in anyway more than something as simple and small as this. Handpassing being the biggest thing thats constantly coming up and i think limiting that would destroy the game

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2018, 06:28:39 PM »
As I said, it's not a criticism, but football is the main thing in their life. The jobs they do facilitate that and good luck to them. They are semi professional and in some cases fully professional. That's a massive advantage

You’re full of it today! I’ve put up their, supposed jobs and you are telling me that the county board or sponsors are covering all their wages and allowing time off ? So the doctors teachers accountants business owners and the rest are covered financially?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn..

Mind you there will be the odd county player who’s landed a ‘job’ over the years, but they still have to work to produce a wage.. full time professional players train and play full time
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2018, 06:38:54 PM »
As I said, it's not a criticism, but football is the main thing in their life. The jobs they do facilitate that and good luck to them. They are semi professional and in some cases fully professional. That's a massive advantage

You’re full of it today! I’ve put up their, supposed jobs and you are telling me that the county board or sponsors are covering all their wages and allowing time off ? So the doctors teachers accountants business owners and the rest are covered financially?

Mind you there will be the odd county player who’s landed a ‘job’ over the years, but they still have to work to produce a wage.. full time professional players train and play full time

And you know exactly what they do on a daily basis. If they had put down Fossets Circus, would you believe that too?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2018, 09:36:46 PM »

And you know exactly what they do on a daily basis. If they had put down Fossets Circus, would you believe that too?

Read my post properly, you’ll see that they have this in their profiles... so you’ve said they don’t have jobs full time as they are semi professional.. it’s up to you to prove it and stop talking rubbish
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »
No you're right.I believe all those profiles to be a true and accurate reflection of what Dublin players do for a living. I can't believe I've been so naive. Thanks for correcting me

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »
No you're right.I believe all those profiles to be a true and accurate reflection of what Dublin players do for a living. I can't believe I've been so naive. Thanks for correcting me

So you’re not going to prove otherwise? Hmm, outstanding

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2018, 12:47:43 AM »
Most top counties sort out their players. This cannot be denied? A decent Job, an education, whatever. Now most of these Dublin Lads are in jobs that are post-graduate. They are jobs where they are finding their way and not on big bucks yet! Hence there it is no big deal for the companies they work for to be flexible. There is scratch back stuff for the self employed lads. The rest are Mature Students, Very mature Students and Teachers. The reality is bar a few, many are building their future based on football and staying in football as long as possible helps. Naturally there are always exceptions. Not everyone is a round peg.

Now if you are from one of the lesser light counties, getting sorted is based a lot more on being Really, Really good. The opportunities to sort some one out are less.

All the Corporate headquarters are in Dublin. Most of the Corporate boxes are owned by Dublin Companies. Having a Dublin footballer on your Payroll holds a sort of esteem and can often raise the profile of the organisation.

Is this wrong?

Not that i can see!

This will become more and more prevalent, in time.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2018, 07:28:52 AM »
Most top counties sort out their players. This cannot be denied? A decent Job, an education, whatever. Now most of these Dublin Lads are in jobs that are post-graduate. They are jobs where they are finding their way and not on big bucks yet! Hence there it is no big deal for the companies they work for to be flexible. There is scratch back stuff for the self employed lads. The rest are Mature Students, Very mature Students and Teachers. The reality is bar a few, many are building their future based on football and staying in football as long as possible helps. Naturally there are always exceptions. Not everyone is a round peg.

Now if you are from one of the lesser light counties, getting sorted is based a lot more on being Really, Really good. The opportunities to sort some one out are less.

All the Corporate headquarters are in Dublin. Most of the Corporate boxes are owned by Dublin Companies. Having a Dublin footballer on your Payroll holds a sort of esteem and can often raise the profile of the organisation.

Is this wrong?

Not that i can see!

This will become more and more prevalent, in time.

They are not semi or full time professional players though. We’d lads up here, even in Antrim that were sorted out for jobs, but they worked!

There are a couple of doctors on the team, teachers accountants and business owners... they couldn’t be working 2.5 day weeks and being reimbursed by Dublin GAA!

There is far more money in Dublin I get that, there is far more people playing GAA, that’s always been the case, it’s just surprising that it’s taken this long for them to get their act together.

Did they change the rules to try and stop Cody’s domination of hurling? No, counties developed and improved, it seems the other counties just roll over when they come up against the dubs.. Mayo to their credit give it a lash

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »
Kilkenny hasn't 1.3m population.
I think hey've the smallest population of the 9 main hurling Counties.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2018, 09:21:39 AM »
Split Dublin in 2. Dublin and Jim Gavin. If Dublin continue to dominate Gaelic football after he goes, then the rest of us are doomed.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »
Kilkenny hasn't 1.3m population.
I think hey've the smallest population of the 9 main hurling Counties.

And? So its just a numbers game? The county with the biggest numbers wins? Kerry have 37, 10 more than Dublin

Kilkenny won 11 from the year 2000

Dublin have won 5 in that same time period
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 09:30:18 AM by Milltown Row2 »