Author Topic: Laois Hurling Manager 2019  (Read 3066 times)

G@@

• View Profile
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

blueandwhite1

• View Profile
Re: Laois Hurling Manager 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 11:20:43 AM »
Interesting report. http://www.midlands103.com/sport-centre/ryan-to-be-appointed-in-laois/

I think this should only happen if a viable internal candidate is not found. Personally, I hope Arien Delaney gets it. A bit of fire in the belly, knows the club scene inside out and the hurlers, and should get a few more from Camross on board.

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 12:32:28 PM »
Can ye take Shinrone with him?
Loose by name, Loose by nature 😉

portlaoisekid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 08:41:41 AM »
Any updates on the hurling front?

G@@

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 11:13:25 AM »
Interesting question - then this appears: https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/08/01/a-decision-on-the-new-laois-hurling-manager-to-made-shortly/

Down to three men, reading about them all on that article shows that the selection committee have a bit of a dilemma to reach a decision.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

merman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 05:16:53 PM »
I don't believe Arien Delaney will be proposed by the selection committee.
I have heard that an appointment is wanted before the business end of the Laois Championship and this is hampering his chances as he is committed to Shinrone.

It would be interesting to see who John McEvoy would have as part of a management team.

Keyser Sze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 05:39:09 PM »
I have heard that an appointment is wanted before the business end of the Laois Championship and this is hampering his chances as he is committed to Shinrone.

It would be interesting to see who John McEvoy would have as part of a management team.

Disappointed to hear that regarding Delaney, whom I would take any day of the week ahead of McEvoy.
I don't see why an involvement with Shinrone until the end of their campaign would preclude him from being appointed. They are unlikely to be hurling until St Patrick's Day. If Delaney didn't see a minute's action of the Laois SHC he would still have a vastly superior knowledge of local talent, in comparison to any of the other candidates, including McEvoy.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

merman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 05:40:16 PM »

Disappointed to hear that regarding Delaney, whom I would take any day of the week ahead of McEvoy.
I don't see why an involvement with Shinrone until the end of their campaign would preclude him from being appointed. They are unlikely to be hurling until St Patrick's Day. If Delaney didn't see a minute's action of the Laois SHC he would still have a vastly superior knowledge of local talent, in comparison to any of the other candidates, including McEvoy.

I completely agree.

Unlaoised

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:56 AM »
I'd say it will be John McEvoy!
LAOIS AB

clonadmad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »
Eddie Brennan

Outsider,Expensive and such a success at u21 level

burdizzo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »
Eddie Brennan

Outsider,Expensive and such a success at u21 level

Exactly what I was thinking.

redsetanta

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 08:45:32 PM »
Is he still hurling with his club? Personally would have preferred a Laois man. Was anyone else willing to take the job?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Chrimtain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 10:20:56 AM »
I think Eddie Brennan would be a very good appointment.

Keyser Sze

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 10:48:36 AM »
Dont think its a bad appointment. Im sure its not cheap but neither was Kildangans finest!

He lost a knockout U21 game to a last minute goal. It hardly defines him. You dont get those jobs in Kilkenny without being well vetted.

There are a lot of positives to this- young, in touch with the modern game, will want to enhance his reputation, talks sense and will command respect.
Its also worth remembering that there is no obvious successor to Cody at present and if he puts in a solid couple of years with Laois, there is no reason  that his name wouldnt be in the mix.

Hes not a weary journeyman. Id be very surprised if he wasnt enthusiastic and organised. Id imagine he would have a good setup. He will surely attract anyone that is capable of playing for Laois. Id imagine he will take no bullshit.

Im delighted with it actually. Possibly even better than Delaney.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......