Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: An Watcher on July 21, 2018, 10:50:09 PM
Was it not for mouthing at rock when he missed.  Poor decision anyway

No, movement. but that was typical of this buachaill's erratic application of the laws of the game, alas.

Why was he pencilled in for this Leinster neighbour's game, are we so bereft of alternatives?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

charlieTully

Quote from: redzone on July 21, 2018, 10:35:02 PM
We will have to change the game plan a bit if we are to win an all Ireland. It's takes way to much out of the players hand passing up the field. Funny if we can get our best team out on the field the scores might be easier got in games like these. Brennan Bradley and k mcgeery all need to start the next day. Mcnamme more than likely out to. He's being picking up Murphy as well

Comedy gold.

ONeill

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 21, 2018, 10:47:33 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 21, 2018, 10:42:45 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 21, 2018, 10:36:43 PM
Quote from: CumminsCiderLarry on July 21, 2018, 10:33:56 PM
Have yo ever watched leroy keegan off the ball. Pulled a dragged Michael Quinlivan a couple years ago. Ditto with paul murphy in semi final last year too.

Everyone knows how scummy Keegan is. First and only player to ever throw a GPS tracker in an attempt to distract a free taker.

Why was Rocks free kick retaken and moved up today?

A Tyrone player (Burns I think) moved marginally within 13 metres of the kick. Very rarely do you see them called back.

Yea he was acting the eejit and turned a miss into a point. You normally get away with that stuff at home though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

We will have to change the game plan a bit if we are to win an all Ireland. It's takes way to much out of the players hand passing up the field. Funny if we can get our best team out on the field the scores might be easier got in games like these. Brennan Bradley and k mcgeery all need to start the next day. Mcnamme more than likely out to. He's being picking up Murphy as well

You were so certain of a Tyrone win before hand despite the evidence to the contrary. So of a sudden the game plan that was going to beat the dubs isn't up to standard anymore?

Analyse the game properly instead of clutching at the straws of Mc Geery and Bradley (who started last year in the hammering to Dublin) and lee Brennan.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Dire Ear

Quote from: An Watcher on July 21, 2018, 10:47:25 PM
Never seen that decision in an intercounty game before.  Verbals.
Yes tyrone men could have seen black cards but had to work twice as hard as Dublin to get a free.

Thought mcshane was our best forward tonight.
I wouldn't have him on the pitch, lazy, poor decision making, not sharp or smart enough

Wildweasel74

Tyrone need forget this game quickly and refocus on Donegal otherwise it all come a cropper in less than a week instead worrying about a match up down the line!

redzone

Quote from: trileacman on July 21, 2018, 11:09:54 PM

You were so certain of a Tyrone win before hand despite the evidence to the contrary. So of a sudden the game plan that was going to beat the dubs isn't up to standard anymore?

Analyse the game properly instead of clutching at the straws of Mc Geery and Bradley (who started last year in the hammering to Dublin) and lee Brennan.
I was at the game and have said it before we need to go man to man on the kickouts.?Thats one change. Bradley and Brennan are scoring forwards we need them on. That's two changes. I'd said small changes. Remind we're I said I so confident of the game plan.
You should be sticking up for Lee as well, your club mate???

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 21, 2018, 11:16:16 PM
Tyrone need forget this game quickly and refocus on Donegal otherwise it all come a cropper in less than a week instead worrying about a match up down the line!

Jeez man, your stats are way off beam this evening -- Donegal game's in two weeks' time not one.

Lay off whatever you're smoking, or drinking.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 21, 2018, 11:16:16 PM

Luckily we're over a fortnight.

sam03/05

Exact same thing happened on the Ronan O'Neill free at the end.
Dubs moved inside to put him off - no retake on this occasion!
Goldrick has a terrible game and made some shocking calls
But the wide / retake Free were massive calls.

Captain Obvious

Too little to late for Tyrone in a game that Dublin controlled throughout and never looked like losing. Dublin have a few gears to go up yet while we have already seen the best of Tyrone and another All Ireland semi is about as far as they will likely go once again if they get that far this summer.

ONeill

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 21, 2018, 11:29:45 PM

Didn't look like a wide to me.

RedHand88

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2018, 12:03:47 AM

It was over the post, which is a wide. Shame there's no hawk eye in omagh but these things happen.

omagh_gael

At the game itself I was livid with Coldrick. Watched it again when I got home and I have cooled a bit. I still think he done us in on some big calls e.g. RoN's free, Ritchy pickup free was a clear foul beforehand by Dub going in with feet etc. However, it masks the main reason we were beat, our shooting. Some of it was down to superb pressure by the Dubs, however, we were guilty of going for some silly shots that should have been recycled.

All in all I'm happy with the progression. If RoN scored at the end it would have set up and interesting last two minutes but the Dubs were clinical in wrapping it up. They do all the small things so well. Very rarely make mistakes and have pace and power to burn. They remind me so much of the great Kilkenny hurling team.

Onwards to Ballybofey were I think we've got a great chance.

ONeill

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 22, 2018, 12:09:15 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2018, 12:03:47 AM

It was over the post, which is a wide. Shame there's no hawk eye in omagh but these things happen.

Was it over the post? I saw one replay and it was in.