Author Topic: Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2018  (Read 12366 times)

The PRO

• View Profile
Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2018
« on: July 11, 2018, 11:19:26 AM »
The draw is
Mountmellick Gaels v Courtwood
Barrowhouse v The Rock
Rosenallis v Portlaoise
St Joseph's v Timahoe

SCFC

• View Profile
Re: Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 03:28:58 PM »
Can Timahoe do it? Been very close for a long time now. Them or Mountmellick for me. And you can never rule out Portlaoise second team.

Jd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:15:43 AM »
Was down in Stradbally tonight. A very young Courtwood team took Joseph's apart. They could be a good bet especially if they beat mm in first round . I'd only put timahoe and possibly mountmellick ahead of them

SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:56:16 PM »
Was down in Stradbally tonight. A very young Courtwood team took Joseph's apart. They could be a good bet especially if they beat mm in first round . I'd only put timahoe and possibly mountmellick ahead of them
Maybe. Joes second team aren't wonderful though.

Jd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 12:57:35 AM »
Possibly not and Courtwood seemed to have a strong team out ,they even had Donoher playing (excellent too I might add). Joe's maybe have one eye on div 1 final too so were possibly resting a few players

Heshs Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »
Joseph's were certainly missing Peter Kealy, Tom Kelly and Dan Dunne only came on late.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

From the Terrace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »
Not sure why club officials from all other intermediate teams did not disagree with mountmellick gaels in this a 2nd tier competition back in February/March when it ratified.

Jd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 11:50:44 PM »
Was in port earlier. Courtwood looked lively v mountmellick and did just about enough to scrape home. Probably favourites now but mm will still have a big say in it . They are a very big mobile team. Coss was very good. Courtwood have some fine talent coming true but Niall Donoher was just different class. 

FiveStars

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 05:39:22 AM »
Well done to our neighbours in Courtwood. Might be a year too soon to win it but I can now seen them in county final day at least.

SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »
Was in McCann Park too. Very exciting game that backs up the theory about taking games out of O'Moore Park. Nice crowd packed into the stand makes for a great atmosphere.
Courtwood value for the win alright but I would say Mountmellick will still be favourites for the title. They can improve a good bit I think. Young Kinsella was excellent for Courtwood as was Donoher. Coss and Hanrahan were MMs best players.

The PRO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »
Someone said here recently that Portlaoise second team would do well in senior. The team I saw today wouldn't win the junior.

Jd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 12:03:45 AM »
Was in park tonight. Courtwood were flying. Very fast and mobile. Timahoe just couldn't live with them. They seem to have a heap of young fellas who can play ball. The lad marking o Connor gat a black card and they brought in a chap who was arguably better. I'd say they'll take stopping now. Gonna be hard for timahoe to lift themselves now after a bad beating

Laoiseabu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 12:57:29 AM »
Watch out for Rosenallis . They beat Courtwood last year in the championship and have already given Portlaoise intermediates a big beating in the championship this year . Themselves , Courtwood and Mountmellick are the candidates this year . Timahoe look past it at this stage and The Rock , Barrowhouse and Joseph’s intermediates are also off the pace. Three horse race I think .

The PRO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 07:30:18 AM »
Watch out for Rosenallis . They beat Courtwood last year in the championship and have already given Portlaoise intermediates a big beating in the championship this year . Themselves , Courtwood and Mountmellick are the candidates this year . Timahoe look past it at this stage and The Rock , Barrowhouse and Joseph’s intermediates are also off the pace. Three horse race I think .
The Rock won't fear Rosenallis. They mightnt be as good as them but they will get stuck into them. Rosenallis should win though. Mountmellick will beat Barrowhouse handily.
Joseph's v Portlaoise I've no idea. Maybe Joseph's. Portlaoise have their eye on the junior A it seems.

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 10:23:13 AM »
Is Callally involved with Rosenalis this year does anyone know? I thought he had the makings of a very good footballer