Author Topic: Row in Mayo LGFA  (Read 35153 times)

RadioGAAGAA

• View Profile
Re: Row in Mayo LGFA
« Reply #495 on: September 19, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »
You clearly didn't listen to Sarah Tierney, who had been having issues with Leahy since January.

Yet the liaison officer was never approached.

Your head is, as usual, firmly lodged up yer...
i usse an speelchekor

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 19, 2018, 11:41:07 PM »
You clearly didn't listen to Sarah Tierney, who had been having issues with Leahy since January.

Ah yes, the good old Liason Office.
She would have waved her magic wand and solved everything , as happened so many times before !

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 20, 2018, 12:11:04 AM »
The players clearly started the public mud slinging in this affair and should shoulder more of the blame. If they wanted to say to Leahy in private that it was an unsafe environment they could have. In a public statement though it should been stated that there was a difference of opinion or dissatisfaction with his management style.

To state it was due to an “unsafe environment” that insinuates a serious offence when it comes to a male manager presiding over female players is a disgusting course of action. It was an deliberate attempt to publicly subvert confidence in Leahy.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

OffTheDeck

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 20, 2018, 01:22:53 AM »

She would have waved her magic wand and solved everything , as happened so many times before !
Maybe Sarah thought her pal sid waddell Cora was the liaison officer and that’s how we’ve ended up here?

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 20, 2018, 07:21:16 AM »

Maybe the Liaison officer would not have resolved the issue but there would be a record or it and the current complaint list would not look like it was made up 3 months later.

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 20, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »

The fact she didn't bring the complaints through the proper channels at the time reflects badly imo. It's too easy to come up with complaints afterwards to justify the actions. But if she took no action to try and resolve them before walking out weeks before a game then, I'm sorry, but it looks like they have thrown the toys out of the pram and are now trying to justify why the toys are lying on the ground.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 20, 2018, 09:05:54 AM »
The players clearly started the public mud slinging in this affair and should shoulder more of the blame. If they wanted to say to Leahy in private that it was an unsafe environment they could have. In a public statement though it should been stated that there was a difference of opinion or dissatisfaction with his management style.

To state it was due to an “unsafe environment” that insinuates a serious offence when it comes to a male manager presiding over female players is a disgusting course of action. It was an deliberate attempt to publicly subvert confidence in Leahy.

If you go back through the thread you will find that that hoary old chestnut has been recycled to death.
Ultimately,its time to find another stick to beat them with.

iorras

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 20, 2018, 09:19:22 AM »

It's like dealing with a goldfish.

You forget everything said/pointed out previously and keep on insisting manager must go as part of some personal vendetta. Either that or you choose to completely ignore it . You refuse to accept the behaviour of the Carnacon players was even remotely out of order and the manager is some kind of monster who should be banished from the county never to return. 

Players pressuring teammates to quit a panel clearly only acting in the best interests of Mayo football ::) ::)
What nonsense.

You've been repeating the same lie multiple times and are now claiming fantastical things about my view of Peter Leahy.

The simple reality is that when a manager loses 12 players including nine of the 18 players used in last year's All-Ireland final, from different clubs, and within six months of taking over, he has failed in his job, and should go.

Whatever. You clearly have no intention of addressing the behaviour of Cornacon players. It's not healthy to have such an irrational hatred of Peter Leahy though
Yeah, you'd think he was, I dunno, related to one of the players or something.....

iorras

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 20, 2018, 09:25:58 AM »

Yeah, and if there was no liaison officer you'd be bleating about that. They even brought a professional mediator but I suppose when all your really mediating is "he wont let us pick the team" but saying other things it would be hard to get anywhere in mediation.

iorras

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 20, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »

If you go back through the thread you will find that that hoary old chestnut has been recycled to death.
"Hoary old chestnut", that's the crux of the argument you clown. Character assassination in public forums with nothing to back it up. The rest of it is noise at this stage

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 20, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »

"Hoary old chestnut", that's the crux of the argument you clown. Character assassination in public forums with nothing to back it up. The rest of it is noise at this stage

You made a fool of yourself here yesterday as well,keep it up.

iorras

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 20, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »

that really hurt my feelings, I'm now concerned for my welfare and mental health. I think you have created an unsafe environment here halfquarter, I need to leave. Let me get Ger Gilroy, Sinead Kissane and the rest of the right on gang into a presser till I announce this.

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 20, 2018, 10:51:10 AM »
The players who made those statements have behaved despicably in my view. They have made insinuations without a single shred of evidence to back it up at this point, it was clear there was a nudge nudge wink wink sexual slant to their allegations with the use of the words 'unsafe environment'. They had the opportunity to state that this was not the case and chose not to do so thus confirming that it was intentional on their part. To also play the 'this is affecting our mental health' card is another really really low thing to do.

I think there should be a full scale investigation conducted into this matter and if people are found to have made baseless allegations they should be held to account most severely.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 20, 2018, 10:59:03 AM »

that really hurt my feelings, I'm now concerned for my welfare and mental health. I think you have created an unsafe environment here halfquarter, I need to leave. Let me get Ger Gilroy, Sinead Kissane and the rest of the right on gang into a presser till I announce this.

every one know if you repeat a trith on the internet 3 times it becomes untrue and worse make you boring
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:01 AM »

Not before you contact the much revered 'Liaison Officer', I hope.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:11:58 AM by Halfquarter »