Author Topic: Row in Mayo LGFA  (Read 18284 times)

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
Re: Row in Mayo LGFA
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2018, 12:13:33 AM »

Leahy simply has to go the legal route on this imo.

I think he should hold his station! A bit like he has done up to now. The ball is now in Cora and Carnacons court.

Ironically Cora is releasing her book soon, and she will be in the media promoting it and she is in line for some uncomfortable questions.

If they ask them.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 15, 2018, 01:01:40 AM »

I think he should hold his station! A bit like he has done up to now. The ball is now in Cora and Carnacons court.

Ironically Cora is releasing her book soon, and she will be in the media promoting it and she is in line for some uncomfortable questions.

Sorry but his integrity/ professionalism and more frighteningly his character was called into question on the national airwaves. That could have serious implications for him in a personal capacity through work and family life.

With social media and the internet comments like unsafe environment go around the world in minutes. He has to go the legal route now as neither Cora or the Cornacon team have withdrawn their allegations.

It's easy for a keyboard warrior like yourself to say he should say nothing as you have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind. It's very very different when you have been accused on the national airwaves of frankly dispicable acts without any evidence put forward

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2018, 01:13:27 AM »
“The legal route”

This thread has reached peak absurdity I see.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2018, 04:33:42 PM »
“The legal route”

If someone had accused you of creating “an unsafe” environment incorrectly would you not seek for them to retract it??

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »
“The legal route”

If someone had accused you of creating “an unsafe” environment incorrectly would you not seek for them to retract it??

It is so incredibly vague I’d like to see how the legal eagles here were going to successfully win a legal case..

trueblue1234

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
“The legal route”

It is so incredibly vague I’d like to see how the legal eagles here were going to successfully win a legal case..

Now Syf your track record on legal advise wouldn’t be the strongest tbf...
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2018, 09:23:20 PM »
“The legal route”

Now Syf your track record on legal advise wouldn’t be the strongest tbf...

..and yet I was absolutely right in my cynicism in that case. Try again.

moysider

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »

It is libellous imo. If Leahy lets it go it will look like he has something to hide. A lot of people still on the side of the players that walked out.

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »

It is libellous imo. If Leahy lets it go it will look like he has something to hide. A lot of people still on the side of the players that walked out.

Do you mean slanderous ?

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2018, 11:52:41 PM »

Sorry but his integrity/ professionalism and more frighteningly his character was called into question on the national airwaves. That could have serious implications for him in a personal capacity through work and family life.

With social media and the internet comments like unsafe environment go around the world in minutes. He has to go the legal route now as neither Cora or the Cornacon team have withdrawn their allegations.

It's easy for a keyboard warrior like yourself to say he should say nothing as you have the anonymity of the internet to hide behind. It's very very different when you have been accused on the national airwaves of frankly dispicable acts without any evidence put forward

I'm on you side. The smart thing is to wait first. There is no a lot of pressure on Cora and Carnacon. Wait and see if there is an apology. If there is back tracking. Cora is not used to this. No one has ever taken her on before, on or off the pitch.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2018, 12:15:47 AM »

You don’t even know what libellous means.

What exactly would he be bringing to the court?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 12:24:31 AM by hardstation »

moysider

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2018, 01:23:00 AM »

You don’t even know what libellous means.

What exactly would he be bringing to the court?

I do know. His name has been blackened. He has been accused of managing an unsafe environment and intentionally or not a communication/story/spin was put out to injure his reputation.

moysider

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2018, 01:32:36 AM »

Do you mean slanderous ?

It depends. I'm sure Carnacon communicated with cb in some written form but don't know what language was used. Verbally Cora was slanderous in that interview. You could argue that saying something on radio is = to writing something down on paper. That makes it libellous imo.  It wasn't like she was talking to a neighbour down the shop.

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #238 on: September 16, 2018, 08:24:09 AM »
Accused of “managing an unsafe environment”. Really?

I think he’d need a bit more than that. Unless he has been directly slandered himself somewhere, it is the environment that has been described as unsafe, not him.

What did you mean by “unsafe environment” Ms Staunton?

It was an unsafe environment for me to be in as it was making me have low self esteem and I felt my mental health was suffering. So, I left.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2018, 08:32:46 AM »
Accused of “managing an unsafe environment”. Really?

I think he’d need a bit more than that. Unless he has been directly slandered himself somewhere, it is the environment that has been described as unsafe, not him.

What did you mean by “unsafe environment” Ms Staunton?

It was an unsafe environment for me to be in as it was making me have low self esteem and I felt my mental health was suffering. So, I left.

But it wasn't her in an unsafe environment from what I took from her interview, it was 'young girls'.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.