Author Topic: Row in Mayo LGFA  (Read 35226 times)

thebackbar1

• View Profile
Re: Row in Mayo LGFA
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2018, 11:25:45 PM »
Cora Staunton may have a legitimate grievance. I donít know that. You donít know that. However, Iím not going to completely discount it.

If she had a legitimate grievance then she should be taking it through the LGFA disciplinary bodies, she's doing no one any favors by staying quiet on the matter like she's doing now, if some thing was wrong with the setup she should expose it.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2018, 08:31:21 AM »
Cora Staunton may have a legitimate grievance. I donít know that. You donít know that. However, Iím not going to completely discount it.

If she had a legitimate grievance then she should be taking it through the LGFA disciplinary bodies, she's doing no one any favors by staying quiet on the matter like she's doing now, if some thing was wrong with the setup she should expose it.

She signed an NDA!

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2018, 08:34:12 AM »

Trust me, she doesn't have a legitimate grievance. She does have a grievance alright that someone dared to suggest she would be a better impact sub than starter. If you think there is something sinister at play why did the remaining panel members come out so strongly and say there wasn't and site a fail coup. Cora is trying to change the narrative to explain her outrageous actions which sabotaged the teams chances this year by pretending there was some almighty cause she was defending. What is most annoying is that no media outlet will even ask her a hard question on it.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »

Trust me, she doesn't have a legitimate grievance. She does have a grievance alright that someone dared to suggest she would be a better impact sub than starter. If you think there is something sinister at play why did the remaining panel members come out so strongly and say there wasn't and site a fail coup. Cora is trying to change the narrative to explain her outrageous actions which sabotaged the teams chances this year by pretending there was some almighty cause she was defending. What is most annoying is that no media outlet will even ask her a hard question on it.

Yep. And it's not Cora who's behind thr whole thing either. Martha Carter has more explaining to do if my source (who is on thr panel) told me yesterday.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2018, 09:22:35 AM »

She signed an NDA!

Then she shouldn't be going next nor near the media, to be fair.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »

She signed an NDA!

Well there is a book to be selling in the near future.

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2018, 10:04:38 AM »

I can see it from her perspective though.  She is their best player so why shouldn't she deserve to start?  Hardly being treated fairly.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »

I can see it from her perspective though.  She is their best player so why shouldn't she deserve to start?  Hardly being treated fairly.

You havenít watched much of Mayo if you think sheís still their best player.

ballinaman

• MWWSSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2018, 10:16:55 AM »

She signed an NDA!

Documentary about her year in AFL on TG4 coming up too....hmm

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2018, 10:22:44 AM »

She signed an NDA!

Year? The competition was 7 weeks long.

iorras

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2018, 11:19:22 AM »

but shes not staying quiet on it. She was on the national airways saying that an environment full of young women, some of them under 18, run by a man is "not safe". WTF? How can that go unchallenged. If I was Peter Leahy and his backroom team I'd be in my solicitors office and their'd be writs flying all over the shop. An outrageous statement to just throw out there given the context.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2018, 11:51:39 AM »

Managers decide who starts. She was away in Australia and comes back and should start? Plus if you ever watch Mayo she is a poor influence on other players, she doesnt pass and tries to do everything herself. I can easily see why manager would take the view she should start off the bench.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2018, 12:13:13 PM »

She signed an NDA!

It's only a relatively new competition isn't it? And it's odd that it took place almost before the men's AFL season even begun.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »

She signed an NDA!

It's only a relatively new competition isn't it? And it's odd that it took place almost before the men's AFL season even begun.

Why is it odd? Going head-to-head with a much more established brand of the same sport doesnít seem like a smart idea if you want to gain some traction.

GalwayBayBoy

• No show like a Joe show!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »
Feels like something that has grown a life of its own and has got out of hand but the Carnacon crew can't row back on it now without seriously losing face as they have pushed it too far. They can't say they just got the hump with Cora not being selected so instead there is a lot of very vague loose talk about "safety" and "environments" which is just raising more questions which nobody can answer.