Author Topic: Row in Mayo LGFA  (Read 29212 times)

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
Re: Row in Mayo LGFA
« Reply #540 on: October 10, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
Itís just blatant begrudgery.
They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Letís hope LGFA at national level tell them to wind their necks in and to focus on winning championships on the field rather than trying to get the best team turfed out.

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 10, 2018, 11:09:45 AM »
The appeal has been throw out, let's hope that's the end of it.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 10, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »
Looks like this fiasco has came to the most likely conclusion. I doubt the Mayo LGFA County Board ever thought they could hold onto the bans. Appealing it just prolonged the inconvenience for Carnacon. Players will think again about jumping ship from a Mayo Ladies team or trying to control its running's. A clear message of zero tolerance has been sent out. For those who have controlled it there will more than likely be no return. In the process they may have dragged a few innocent by-standers into the same situation.

Tyrdub

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 10, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »
Looks like this fiasco has came to the most likely conclusion. I doubt the Mayo LGFA County Board ever thought they could hold onto the bans. Appealing it just prolonged the inconvenience for Carnacon. Players will think again about jumping ship from a Mayo Ladies team or trying to control its running's. A clear message of zero tolerance has been sent out. For those who have controlled it there will more than likely be no return. In the process they may have dragged a few innocent by-standers into the same situation.

You might also find that next year the county team could be short a few of its regular starters though

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 10, 2018, 01:37:51 PM »

You might also find that next year the county team could be short a few of its regular starters though

Thems the casualties of war!

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 10, 2018, 01:51:00 PM »

Based on their actions that's probably a good thing! Better to have a committed panel all working together rather than a few players trying to call the shots as if they were in charge

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 10, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
Itís just blatant begrudgery.
They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Letís hope LGFA at national level tell them to wind their necks in and to focus on winning championships on the field rather than trying to get the best team turfed out.
]
You could and probably should apply that quote to the players who quit the panel and put out dangerous comments to the media regarding the manager

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #547 on: October 10, 2018, 02:52:49 PM »

It would be if the club delegatesí war was to get some control of the county set up. It wasnít. Their war was to stop Carnacon winning another Mayo championship. No more, no less.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 10, 2018, 03:34:16 PM »

It would be if the club delegatesí war was to get some control of the county set up. It wasnít. Their war was to stop Carnacon winning another Mayo championship. No more, no less.

I don't think it started out that way but once Carnacon pulled their players for dubious reasons that they yet haven't really elaborated on it certainly looks like the Mayo Ladies CB were going to put manners on them for the right and wrong of it.

No one, Carnacon, Mayo Ladies CB come out of this with any grace.

befair

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 10, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »

Might be even harder to find people to serve on the county board; no money, no gratitude, but expectations+++

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 10, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »

The provocative act by the Mayo LGFA of banning Carnacon for a year, has badly backfired on them in my opinion. They have been knocked back at every turn. I don't know how you can see any positive side to it.
They really made fools of themselves , where do they go from here , who would trust them now to make a rational decision ?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:22:24 PM by Halfquarter »

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 10, 2018, 07:32:30 PM »

The provocative act by the Mayo LGFA of banning Carnacon for a year, has badly backfired on them in my opinion. They have been knocked back at every turn. I don't know how you can see any positive side to it.
They really made fools of themselves , where do they go from here , who would trust them now to make a rational decision ?

I disagree! Do you think Carnacon (or any other club) will try that stunt again next year? Do you think that the Mayo LGFA County Board have set the tone for the future?

For 8 players from one club to walk away from the county squad a few days before a Championship match can not be condoned.

Carnacon thought they could bully this situation but got a bucket load of their own medicine.

By the way what has happened to Coras Book?

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #552 on: October 10, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »
Why canít they walk away again? Of course they can. Football is not compulsory.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 10, 2018, 07:45:22 PM »

Because they more than likely won't be there to walk away!

You can't walk away again from something if you are no longer part of it!

Simple!

hardstation

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #554 on: October 10, 2018, 08:35:52 PM »

Because they more than likely won't be there to walk away!

You can't walk away again from something if you are no longer part of it!

Simple!
ďDo you think Carnacon (or any other club) will try this stunt again?Ē

Apologies for not realising you were talking about these 8 players.  ::)

Any player can walk away if they want. If anything, this episode will make players smarter in how they go about it.

I also imagine youíll see at least some of the 8 in a Mayo jersey again.