Author Topic: Row in Mayo LGFA  (Read 18263 times)

From the Bunker

• View Profile
Re: Row in Mayo LGFA
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2018, 05:39:56 PM »
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2018, 06:36:23 PM »

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »
He's been very diplomatic. I think you listen to that it's clear what happened.

befair

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2018, 08:56:55 PM »
The "unhealthy environment" sounds sinister

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2018, 09:36:35 PM »

He is, held his station! He knows there are good players with Carnacon that could come back and add to the team and he does not want to burn that bridge.

Looks like Cora has been telling a few fibs. Looks like two players were told their roles in the team had changed and these players were not happy - and decided to take things into their own hands - use their power drag a few players down with them and it backfired.

This is the first time they have encountered a manager strong enough to make big decisions and wade it out.

It looked like this would go away, only for the County Board to also grow a pair and firmly put Carnacon in its place.

Cora ''opened her mouth to wide'' last week and she could live to regret some of the strong accusations she made.

dublin7

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2018, 10:23:13 PM »
I wonder will Cora be as quick to do her tour of the radio stations over the next few days in response to the quite reasonable points made by the manager Peter Leahy. 

It will also be interesting to see does this affect the appeal by Mayo Ladies Board to reinstate Carnacon into the club championship.

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2018, 10:42:03 PM »

He is, held his station! He knows there are good players with Carnacon that could come back and add to the team and he does not want to burn that bridge.

Looks like Cora has been telling a few fibs. Looks like two players were told their roles in the team had changed and these players were not happy - and decided to take things into their own hands - use their power drag a few players down with them and it backfired.

This is the first time they have encountered a manager strong enough to make big decisions and wade it out.

It looked like this would go away, only for the County Board to also grow a pair and firmly put Carnacon in its place.

Cora ''opened her mouth to wide'' last week and she could live to regret some of the strong accusations she made.

Did Leahy say that?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2018, 10:55:16 PM »

Did Leahy say that?

Well he said he had  no intention of doing an interview on it until Cora said the players were not in a safe environment so I think it's reasonable to surmise she opened her moith too wide.

SCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »

Did Leahy say that?
No. That's not a quote from Leahy.

iorras

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »

Did Leahy say that?

Well he said he had  no intention of doing an interview on it until Cora said the players were not in a safe environment so I think it's reasonable to surmise she opened her moith too wide.
No that wasn't a quote from him, He did say what she said on OTB was libelous.
The most disappointing thing for me, in a list of disappointing things coming out of this was the allegation that for up to 2 or 3 days before the Cavan game players were getting texts encouraging them to jump ship and saying "sure they wont be able to field if ye pull out". Disgusting if true.
Based on Peter Leahys side of the story, which appears to be collaborated by the county board actions in sanctioning Carnacon and the players statement this was a pure childish reaction from some quarters to changes in the structure and way things were done that they didn't like and it has just escalated and escalated. unless there is a climb down from one side of embarrassing proportions I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up in court.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:29:15 AM by iorras »

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »

Did Leahy say that?

The most disappointing thing for me, in a list of disappointing things coming out of this was the allegation that for up to 2 or 3 days before the Cavan game players were getting texts encouraging them to jump ship and saying "sure they wont be able to field if ye pull out". Disgusting if true.
Based on Peter Leahys side of the story, which appears to be collaborated by the county board actions in sanctioning Carnacon and the players statement this was a pure childish reaction from some quarters to changes in the structure and way things were done that they didn't like and it has just escalated and escalated. unless there is a climb down from one side of embarrassing proportions I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up in court.
Listened to this last night, was interesting, seemed to be suggesting that there were two players that were behind it all.

Halfquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:04 AM »
Must have been difficult for managers over the last few years trying to work around this sort of stuff, must be like walking on a tightrope.
Theses types of situations do not develop overnight.

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2018, 11:41:10 AM »
Look this kinda shite would not be tolerated in Cork who are the yardstick for years.
They were a proper team and this all shows a lack of respect from a couple of players to their team-mates and their county.
As said to think they were agitating for players to drop out before a big game, to give a walkover shows where their loyalties lie.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ballinaman

• MWWSSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2018, 12:04:19 PM »

Did Leahy say that?

Listened to this last night, was interesting, seemed to be suggesting that there were two players that were behind it all.
Wouldn’t take a whole lot of detective work to reveal the two, had it worked out before I was told for definite. A sorry end to both of their football careers with Mayo if it’s stays the way it is now....