Author Topic: Retirements  (Read 21938 times)

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
Re: Retirements
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »
I see Terry Hyland has retired Emlyn Mulligan!

Seems like Hyland didn't take to kindly to him walking away from the panel last summer. Reading his interview today, he's not retired but knows he won't play for Leitrim again until a new manager is in place.

He announced his retirement then he expected to not contact the manager to make himself available but for the manager to go cap in hand to him?

I don't believe he ever did that, just walked away after the provincial championship exit last summer, (that will happen plentyful next summer for players from the "lesser" counties) Going by his recent interview he expected to return for the 2020 season but Hyland has moved on without him.

Westside

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »
"As much as my mind wanted me to stay, the knees were starting to give me a lot of trouble. I was having to ice them constantly. Not starting the last day was maybe the push I needed to call it quits. I wonít say Iím retired, but itíll be good to go back and give the club my full commitment for a while"

Now he's saying the body still feels as good as it ever has... A large ego who looks out for No. 1, his absence will be better for Leitrim in the long term.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2020, 05:23:42 PM »
Cian Mackey retired from Cavan

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »

Good player, could score some long range points that few other Cavan forwards. Made his debut in 2005? Serious commitment to the cause

rodney trotter

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2020, 06:07:24 PM »
A great player.

The Hill is Blue

• Des Foley - all time great
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2020, 06:10:39 PM »
Clucko is staying on  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Lar Naparka

• I just know this is gonna be our year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2020, 10:08:30 PM »
Clucko is staying on  ;)
So is Dermo. Glad to see the pair are staying on. Pure class, the pair of them.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »

Good player, could score some long range points that few other Cavan forwards. Made his debut in 2005? Serious commitment to the cause

Yeah 2005 while still a minor.

Itchy

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »

Yeah 2005 while still a minor.

Mixed feeling on this. Grateful for all the great games he played but also a sense of he could've been better went on longer if his discipline and professionalism was better and I think he will regret that when he gets to 40. Sounds harsh but that's how I see it.