Author Topic: Roscommon v Armagh  (Read 19220 times)

Timís Hero

• View Profile
Re: Roscommon v Armagh
« Reply #375 on: July 11, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »
To rebuild you need to start at the foundations and work your way up , then put a roof on ,make it weathertight and only then do you worry about the finishes , fixtures and fittings. Paramount to a successful build is using a competent contractor with a track record of delivering projects on time within budget and to the necessary quality. Your contractor should also be able to demonstrate his track record.
If you follow the analogy you would realise Armagh are failing on all fronts , strategic long term planning needed like Dublin,Tyrone , Kerry .
If we follow your thought process , let McGeeney gather up whoever he can at the start of the year and see how we get on , then make excuses for a couple of months and go again.
You might be happy with that but a lot of Armagh people disagree and would like change , not for change sake , but for the betterment of all things Armagh .

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 11, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
To rebuild you need to start at the foundations and work your way up , then put a roof on ,make it weathertight and only then do you worry about the finishes , fixtures and fittings. Paramount to a successful build is using a competent contractor with a track record of delivering projects on time within budget and to the necessary quality. Your contractor should also be able to demonstrate his track record.
If you follow the analogy you would realise Armagh are failing on all fronts , strategic long term planning needed like Dublin,Tyrone , Kerry .
If we follow your thought process , let McGeeney gather up whoever he can at the start of the year and see how we get on , then make excuses for a couple of months and go again.
You might be happy with that but a lot of Armagh people disagree and would like change , not for change sake , but for the betterment of all things Armagh .

Then what if this is all we have to offer?

Just on a side note would Grimley not consider coming back in to the setup?

Timís Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2018, 03:49:07 PM »
In my opinion it is widely accepted we are not utilising our resources to the maximum , for whatever reasons.

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2018, 04:12:53 PM »
Possibly not.

In you opinion who do you think should be managing Armagh?

keeperlit

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
We're a small enough county who experienced a decade of relatively huge success, we've just just went back to our normal level. The people raised on the success of the Noughties have a lot of unrealistic expectations.

1953, 77, 02 & 03, We're due another great team in circa 2027/8.

With respect, I think this is a terrible attitude and if this is the general attitude of the county then we deserve to be in this continuous state of transition that we have found ourselves in since 2007.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 11, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »
Possibly not.

Donít expect an actual answer to this

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »
Possibly not.

Donít expect an actual answer to this

If they are going to make their first 20 posts about how poor McGeeney has been then they should at least offer an alternative.

Timís Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 11, 2018, 05:06:37 PM »
That I cannot answer because I donít know who is available or interested, I do think it is too much for one man and think we would need a management team with experts in the areas of S&C , fitness , tactics , coaching and analysis , nutrition , logistics and physio , all egos parked at the door and leave anyone looking huge expenses on the lucrative club circuit . Not a case of what can Armagh do for me but what can I do for Armagh !!!

haveaharp

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 11, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
all egos parked at the door

That could be an issue for some of the absentees

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 11, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »
This should be renamed Armagh vs Armagh

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #385 on: July 11, 2018, 06:30:14 PM »
This should be renamed Armagh vs Armagh
;D
We seem to have been expelled about 20 pages ago.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 11, 2018, 08:15:54 PM »
That I cannot answer because I donít know who is available or interested, I do think it is too much for one man and think we would need a management team with experts in the areas of S&C , fitness , tactics , coaching and analysis , nutrition , logistics and physio , all egos parked at the door and leave anyone looking huge expenses on the lucrative club circuit . Not a case of what can Armagh do for me but what can I do for Armagh !!!

In an ideal world who would you like in?

Timís Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 11, 2018, 08:50:47 PM »
Brian Cody

Timís Hero

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 11, 2018, 08:58:17 PM »
Leads his county , demands the best from all around him , no problem with rebuilding issues , no problems with withdrawals from panel , respected by supporters , players , administrators , opponents alike for his honesty and dedication to Kilkenny , no ego , Kilkenny first , Kilkenny last and Kilkenny  everything in between.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 11, 2018, 09:44:04 PM »
Only one flaw in that proposal...