Cavan v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 25, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

What team has the most gingers? Has to be a factor in this weather.  Are you allowed a ginger sub?

Fuzzman

How do most of ye rate Conal McCann?
Is he a very good club player?
Maybe bar the Derry game last year I cannot see anything that great about him. If he a good free taker?
Is he better than RoN or just a different position?

I hope McCarron has learn't from the way he got skinned last week for the Carlow goal. It was all too easy and happened right in front of us. I am a bit disappointed HP is not getting more of a look in. I wonder sometimes is ruthless Mickey sometimes a bit too loyal to those he has sympathy for re his life. I suppose McCarron did quite well in the second half last week. How old is he now?

Itchy

Quote from: Whishtup on June 29, 2018, 10:40:51 AM
What team has the most gingers? Has to be a factor in this weather.  Are you allowed a ginger sub?

Cian Mackey and Jason McLoughlin. McLoughlin started on the bench the last day. Mackey will need a cap.

Any baldies, they are at highest risk. Cavan removed all baldies from the panel this year.

WT4E

Quote from: Rois on June 29, 2018, 06:47:43 AM

1 N Morgan

2 P Hamspey

3 R McNamee TINGE

4 C McCarron

5 M McKernan

6 F Burns

7 P Harte

8 C Cavanagh

9 D McClure

10 M Donnelly

11 N Sludden

12 C Meyler

13 C McShane

14 R Donnelly

15 C McAliskey

16 M O'Neill

17 R Brennan

18 M Cassidy

19 H Loughran

20 C McCann

21 T McCann

22 A McCrory

23 HP McGeary

24 K McGeary

25 P McNulty

26 R O'Neill

Above in bold are ginge - we're fecked in that heat!!!

Itchy

Paddy Power didnt do a proper Ginge assesment then, ye are 2/9 now to win this. Cavan a massive 4-1 which I thought should have narrowed with McVeety back.

Fuzzman

What price is he to be first sent off?

I never liked the lad as he always seemed to get over exciting when playing us
Then wan day I met his dad in the pub in the Silver Birches so had to mind my manners.

Itchy

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 29, 2018, 12:03:29 PM

Then wan day I met his dad in the pub in the Silver Birches so had to mind my manners.

Who?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on June 29, 2018, 12:28:14 PM

Who?

Mc Veety -- will be mildly surprised if he lasts the entirety! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

cavanmaniac

Might that be due to Tyrone and not McVeety?  :P

RedHand88

Quote from: Whishtup on June 29, 2018, 10:40:51 AM

They're bringing in ginger breaks if the temperature reaches a certain level.

Jayop

What sort of a crowd are ye expecting now? With the weather I can see it being close to full.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jayop on June 29, 2018, 02:23:19 PM
What sort of a crowd are ye expecting now? With the weather I can see it being close to full.

Cavan will bring a small crowd. Down match was the last straw for many in terms of direction and it's also being televised.

omagh_gael

Ruairi Sludden also pulled up during training hence him not being named on subs bench. Some situation to be in with two 'non full forwards' in FF line and only two forwards on the subs bench in RoN and Loughran. We really need Bradley and Brennan back in the fold.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 29, 2018, 03:08:57 PM

Cavan will bring a small crowd. Down match was the last straw for many in terms of direction and it's also being televised.

Out of curiosity, why are Cavan so downbeat? They got promoted from Division 2 this year meaning that they will have played 2 out of 3 seasons in Division 1, and therefore have a legitimate claim to be one of the top 8 to 10 teams in the country. Surely Saturday is a massive opportunity for them, i saw a Cavan journalist on twitter say that if they were to beat Tyrone it would be their biggest championship victory since 1997. And if they were to progress they would fancy their chances against any of the provincial losers for a place in the Super 8s.

I would have thought all of the above represents good progress for a county with Cavans record over the last couple of decades. Ok they shipped a heavy enough defeat to Donegal but Donegal's performances since show that they are a strong outfit. Is the pessimism related to the style of football or are the supporters not happy with Mattie? From the outside looking in Cavan had been putting up good scores in the League and correct me if I'm wrong also but haven't a host of senior players dropped off the panel over the last year or two which makes Cavan's current standing even more impressive.

Again from the outside looking in, Cavans current plight seems to reflect a more general malaise in county football at the minute. As I said, Cavan could be seen to be punching above their weight and are arguably a top 10 team, yet there seems to be no buy in from their supporters. Ok they have no chance of winning an All Ireland so you could argue a second tier competition would benefit them and give them something proper to play for. Although I guarantee if this was suggested to the players or management they would have other ideas. It seems to be a strange one and I've no clue how it can be fixed to be honest

Itchy

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on June 29, 2018, 03:33:43 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 29, 2018, 03:08:57 PM

Out of curiosity, why are Cavan so downbeat? They got promoted from Division 2 this year meaning that they will have played 2 out of 3 seasons in Division 1, and therefore have a legitimate claim to be one of the top 8 to 10 teams in the country. Surely Saturday is a massive opportunity for them, i saw a Cavan journalist on twitter say that if they were to beat Tyrone it would be their biggest championship victory since 1997. And if they were to progress they would fancy their chances against any of the provincial losers for a place in the Super 8s.

I would have thought all of the above represents good progress for a county with Cavans record over the last couple of decades. Ok they shipped a heavy enough defeat to Donegal but Donegal's performances since show that they are a strong outfit. Is the pessimism related to the style of football or are the supporters not happy with Mattie? From the outside looking in Cavan had been putting up good scores in the League and correct me if I'm wrong also but haven't a host of senior players dropped off the panel over the last year or two which makes Cavan's current standing even more impressive.

Again from the outside looking in, Cavans current plight seems to reflect a more general malaise in county football at the minute. As I said, Cavan could be seen to be punching above their weight and are arguably a top 10 team, yet there seems to be no buy in from their supporters. Ok they have no chance of winning an All Ireland so you could argue a second tier competition would benefit them and give them something proper to play for. Although I guarantee if this was suggested to the players or management they would have other ideas. It seems to be a strange one and I've no clue how it can be fixed to be honest

Lad, outside Dublin, Kerry and Mayo no one has a chance of winning the All Ireland.

Cavan fans are depressed with the way we set up the last day v Down and against Donegal. Its all over the place. Defenders standing around doing nothing, dropping our best forward. I could write an essay. There is no optimism but you know sometimes that's when we pull one out of the bag.