Cavan v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 25, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 28, 2018, 02:56:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2018, 02:47:04 PM
Last year a discussion involving Tyrone playing in June could have had 200 pages . Expectations have been seriously deleveraged.

The Dublin demolition last year, Fermanagh knocking them out of Ulster and being very fortunate to get past Meath will do that.

It was Monaghan that beat Tyrone.

omaghjoe

Last year a discussion involving Tyrone playing in June could have had 200 pages . Expectations have been seriously deleveraged.

The Dublin demolition last year, Fermanagh knocking them out of Ulster and being very fortunate to get past Meath will do that.

Fermanagh? has that ever happened?

Here's one from July 3 years ago when we were last in the qualifiers.... 19 pages total

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=25962.0

This years Meath match had 27 pages

or June..... grand total of 5 pages
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=25876.0

So youd have to say based on your criteria Seafoid the expectation is up. For myself I can tell you that I expect us to cruise into the super8s and gain revenge on Dublin for last year's debacle on our way to our 4th Sam.

RedHand88

Still no tickets online. Do supervalu have them?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Under Lights on June 28, 2018, 03:04:22 PM

It was Monaghan that beat Tyrone.

Mea culpa.
I'm blaming the heat.

Jayop

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 28, 2018, 03:05:01 PM
Still no tickets online. Do supervalu have them?

From the ticket site...

30/06/2018 17:00

Sorry, tickets are no longer available online.

*** TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE ONLINE BUT ARE AVAILABLE IN PARTICIPATING CENTRA AND SUPERVALU STORES NATIONWIDE ***

A list of participating stores can be found here
Tickets will also be available to purchase at the match depending on availability.

Fuzzman

Will he be naming the team tonight?
You would imagine he'll find it hard to make any changes from the last day.
I'd say Richie D has done enough to keep the 14 jersey. McShane seems to be one of Harte's favourite sons and he does put in a good shift when he plays.
As usual we are wondering from game to game where to play Mattie. He scored a few good points v Carlow and earlier v Monaghan and so it's hard not to play him in the forward line somewhere for his shooting alone.

I think Colm is getting back to himself as well and as I had hoped these Sat night games are bringing a bit of team spirit and momentum.
You would expect us to win this handy enough but Cavan are certainly a step up from Carlow and Meath as they showed us 2 years ago when they got a draw.

I like the look of this Michael McKernan lad and these are the matches he needs to get experience in. Having Tiernan to come on could give us a good lift in tougher games, should we win.

Did someone say should we get in the back door that we will NOT be in Dublins group?
I'm just wondering IF we should make the super 8 what game will we have in Omagh?
I know, we still have a way to go yet (hopefully)

Rossfan

If ye bate Cavan, then Cork or Ros ye'll be in Dublin's group.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 28, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

Did someone say should we get in the back door that we will NOT be in Dublins group?
I'm just wondering IF we should make the super 8 what game will we have in Omagh?

All depends on the Round 4 draw - whoever is drawn against Roscommon and Cork will go into the Dublin & Donegal group.
To avoid Dublin's group a team has to be drawn against either Laois or Fermanagh.

Rossfan

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 28, 2018, 05:07:21 PM

All depends on the Round 4 draw - whoever is drawn against Roscommon and Cork will go into the Dublin & Donegal group.

That must be a new system >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

Quote from: Rossfan on June 28, 2018, 05:20:45 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on June 28, 2018, 05:07:21 PM

It looks fairly complicated Rossfan, away too difficult for us  rossies to understand. ??? ???

That must be a new system >:(
Its very complicated Rossfan and too difficult for us rossies to understsnd.  ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote@JoeBrolly1993

Delighted young Dara McVeety exonerated. Fully deserved result

Itchy

Two boys got off, rightly so. Neither of them did anything warranting a red card. All punches were thrown by Down men

Westside

Joe was quick off the draw... Was he involved?

Jinxy

Quote from: Itchy on June 28, 2018, 10:03:36 PM
Two boys got off, rightly so. Neither of them did anything warranting a red card. All punches were thrown by Down men

You're all set now, Itchy.
Time to lower the blade.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Quote from: Jinxy on June 28, 2018, 10:13:01 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 28, 2018, 10:03:36 PM

You're all set now, Itchy.
Time to lower the blade.

A manly performance coming up.

Jinxy, now that your own county are shite and you are following the breffni boys so closely I cordially invite you to join our bandwagon until such a time as Meath become better than shite again.

RSVP