Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 10:13:35 AM
Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2018, 09:49:56 AM
QuoteI bet Newbridge gets decent development money in the near future.

?

I would have thought the opposite. I'm sure they were offered a large wedge earlier this week already by HQ to move or stick with Croke Park.

I hear that Kildare County board are now on their own with this match insurance wise, organization wise and the rest.

If only the gardai in Kildare had the experience of Punchestown Races, Oxygen, Ryder Cups, Irish Open, Curragh Races, Motor Racing etc etc to call upon.

It's not Kildare's first rodeo. Newbridge could hold over 15K before H&$ kicked in.
It could to be fair, but the stand is shite.

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 29, 2018, 10:11:19 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2018, 09:56:20 AM

?

I would have thought the opposite. I'm sure they were offered a large wedge earlier this week already by HQ to move or stick with Croke Park.

I hear that Kildare County board are now on their own with this match insurance wise, organization wise and the rest.
The GAA has an attendances problem. It doesn't make sense to shaft Kildare given the state of Leinster football.
Just looking at the Super 8s how many of the last 4 will be any good ?

It *always* makes sense to shaft Kildare.
Sure tis a county of blow-ins.

Jinxy

"Well lads, any winners? Nah, no luck either, I'll be in trouble with the wives! We're headin down to Conleths so we might see ye after. Up the lilies!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 29, 2018, 10:15:49 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 10:13:35 AM

?

If only the gardai in Kildare had the experience of Punchestown Races, Oxygen, Ryder Cups, Irish Open, Curragh Races, Motor Racing etc etc to call upon.

It's not Kildare's first rodeo. Newbridge could hold over 15K before H&$ kicked in.

You just had to throw in a horse analogy.

Horses  good except for one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4axZz2TpZE

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

?

One of the conditions for holding the Connacht Final in Hyde Park  was , "The event controller, safety officer, chairperson, secretary and treasurer of Roscommon GAA shall be ultimately responsible for the safety if persons on this occasion".
So it's you got your match now take care of it and don't come running to us if there's any problem.
Ironically one of those gents is on the 4Cs.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Rossfan on June 29, 2018, 11:21:27 AM

?

One of the conditions for holding the Connacht Final in Hyde Park  was , "The event controller, safety officer, chairperson, secretary and treasurer of Roscommon GAA shall be ultimately responsible for the safety if persons on this occasion".
So it's you got your match now take care of it and don't come running to us if there's any problem.
Ironically one of those gents is on the 4Cs.

The GAA can put in whatever terms or disclaimers they want, but the law is quite clear, once money is exchanged between the patron and the organising body, all responsibility to take "reasonable care" is down to the organsining body. Its the same with all events, no disclaimer is worth the paper its written on, if the necessary precautions aren't taken.

Farrandeelin

Can't imagine any trouble to be fair.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Dinny Breen

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2018, 11:58:02 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 29, 2018, 11:18:57 AM
Not feeling the love anymore.
Are you going to the match, Dinny ?

Sadly, Dinny and Clan are flying to France in the morning. So hopefully the campsite has good wi-fi and GAAGO will be the man for me.

Was offered a ticket too, like hens teeth in Kildare but small price to pay.

This week should be a watershed moment in Kildare, last time the county was this united was Micko's days, McGeeney's antics and departure fairly divided the county.

Wonder how his water business is going in this weather?
#newbridgeornowhere

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 29, 2018, 11:57:35 AM
Can't imagine any trouble to be fair.

The only trouble in Newbridge will be the scramble to get a pint after the game.
you could put twenty thousand in and there still would not be any trouble.
One of the great aspects of Gaelic games.

Jinxy

Can't believe Dinny is taking the horse to France on this of all weekends.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on June 29, 2018, 02:27:25 PM
Can't believe Dinny is taking the horse to France on this of all weekends.

It was this or miss the Super 8.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dougal Maguire

In fairness I can understand why the Kildare County Board and its patrons think GAA HQ is shite. After all you just have to look at the mess of the GAA in general, compared with the beacon of excellence that Kildare is, to realise where they're coming from. What they've got is a pyrrhic victory and the sad thing is they don't even realise it. But hopefully they'll have the rest of the summer to reflect on a season the high point of which was when they denied  thousands of their supporters the opportunity to watch them play a qualifier against the second best team in the country and I'm sure this will more than erase the memories of O'Connor park on 27 May
Careful now

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 29, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
In fairness I can understand why the Kildare County Board and its patrons think GAA HQ is shite. After all you just have to look at the mess of the GAA in general, compared with the beacon of excellence that Kildare is, to realise where they're coming from. What they've got is a pyrrhic victory and the sad thing is they don't even realise it. But hopefully they'll have the rest of the summer to reflect on a season the high point of which was when they denied  thousands of their supporters the opportunity to watch them play a qualifier against the second best team in the country and I'm sure this will more than erase the memories of O'Connor park on 27 May

Thanks Ned. Must be hard being you.
#newbridgeornowhere