Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 12:15:09 PM
Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 12:04:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 12:01:31 PM
Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 11:57:48 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2018, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 10:54:34 AM
Why would Kildare care about any of that?
They're trying to win the game.
so every one who wants to see the game can go,
Maybe generate a bit of cash so people don't have to pay to sit in an unsafe  dump, !st person in the ground will have a shit view

Not everyone who wants to go to an All Ireland gets a ticket.

Uh,  this is a round three qualifier between two sides who were dumped out of their provinces at the quarter-final stage..

Yes one in which Kildare were drawn out first. Hence home advantage.

You don't get home advantage if your home ground isn't adequate to host the game..

Who said it's not adequate?

mup

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 12:10:20 PM
Maybe generate a bit of cash so people don't have to pay to sit in an unsafe  dump, !st person in the ground will have a shit view

Yes but it can't be played in a bigger stadium - that's the biggest there is.

So should we play the Munster Hurling final in Croke Park as I'm sure it'll be a sell-out?

Crete Boom

Kildare seem to have found a bit of form by digging out two good wins on the road against Derry & Longford. We could struggle against their midfield with Parsons and Seami O'Shea out for the season and we really only have Aidan, D O'Connor and Kirby as recognised midfielders fit at the moment.Coen or Keegan can fill in but neither are out and out midfielders! Our fullback line was poor at times against Tipp's big men inside so Kildare should look for some joy with direct ball in there. James Durcan and the form of Doherty & McLouglin will cause Kildare a goof few problems too so this might turn into a bit of a shoot out with a couple of points either way bound to decide this game! At this stage I would bite your hand off if offered a scrappy one point win with no suspensions or injuries!!!
Newbridge is a tight enough pitch but I don't think Kildare are too comfortable playing a very defensive gameplan and the talent they have is better with three or four left in the forwards but O'Neill knows us well and might deploy a Tyrone type counter attack game!!
I wonder is Jason Gibbons back in with the squad at the moment?

Kurtz

Tubberman

Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 12:22:31 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 12:10:20 PM

Yes but it can't be played in a bigger stadium - that's the biggest there is.

So should we play the Munster Hurling final in Croke Park as I'm sure it'll be a sell-out?

You mean like the Ulster Final was for a few years?
I'm playing devil's advocate to a certain extent - in general, I don't agree with counties being forced to give up home advantage, but Newbridge capacity possibly won't even accommodate all the season ticket holder's, so that's a big problem.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 12:23:57 PM
Kildare seem to have found a bit of form by digging out two good wins on the road against Derry & Longford. We could struggle against their midfield with Parsons and Seami O'Shea out for the season and we really only have Aidan, D O'Connor and Kirby as recognised midfielders fit at the moment.Coen or Keegan can fill in but neither are out and out midfielders! Our fullback line was poor at times against Tipp's big men inside so Kildare should look for some joy with direct ball in there. James Durcan and the form of Doherty & McLouglin will cause Kildare a goof few problems too so this might turn into a bit of a shoot out with a couple of points either way bound to decide this game! At this stage I would bite your hand off if offered a scrappy one point win with no suspensions or injuries!!!
Newbridge is a tight enough pitch but I don't think Kildare are too comfortable playing a very defensive gameplan and the talent they have is better with three or four left in the forwards but O'Neill knows us well and might deploy a Tyrone type counter attack game!!

Kildare long ball into FF line caused our FB line a lot of problem's in the first half of the league game this year. They should have got more from that tactic, but woeful shooting and some good Clarke saves helped us. I have no doubt they'll be trying the same thing again this weekend.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 12:29:52 PM

Kildare long ball into FF line caused our FB line a lot of problem's in the first half of the league game this year. They should have got more from that tactic, but woeful shooting and some good Clarke saves helped us. I have no doubt they'll be trying the same thing again this weekend.

I thought Kildare were well in that game that day but seemed to fall away after O'Shea's goal. Their confidence was at an all time low then but they should be alot more confident now with momentum of two away qualifier wins in the bank! We did look very sharp and ruthless after James Durcan's lucky goal which should have us feeling better going into the game this weekend.

Tubberman

mayogaablog saying rumours of a double header in Croker on Sat:
Cavan v Tyrone 5pm
Kildare v Mayo 7pm

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 12:59:24 PM
Cavan v Tyrone 5pm
Kildare v Mayo 7pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
#newbridgeornowhere

Mayo4Sam

Cavan v Tyrone 5pm
Kildare v Mayo 7pm

Ah f**k off
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Will be in Croker, if on the Television. Does it give the excuse to charge more for two games?

Dinny Breen

Kildare kept 3 sometimes 4 up against Longford, one of our problems is the two Cribben's who generally form the first line in defence can't tackle a wet paper bag. Good going forward, awful in defence. I studied very closely on Sat evening. They just bite in and are easily stepped aside, it's one of the reasons when teams run at us we are in trouble. They just need to go soft and keep the goal side of the ball.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Cavan v Tyrone 5pm
Kildare v Mayo 7pm

Willie Joe might actually go to that one.

MayoBuck

Connacht Telegraph are reporting it's in Croke Park at 7pm.

Don't think either fans wanted that but it will make things easier for Sky.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 25, 2018, 01:19:22 PM
Connacht Telegraph are reporting it's in Croke Park at 7pm.

Don't think either fans wanted that but it will make things easier for Sky.

There will be a revolution in Kildare if this comes to pass...
#newbridgeornowhere