Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Great to see an issue that 99% of people can agree on. . . it'll be interesting to see what way it turns out.

The GAA hierarchy are making absolute fools of themselves with their statements "Health and Safety" and "Crowd Trouble" are ridiculous!!!

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 26, 2018, 09:57:16 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 09:54:27 AM
Chair of the CCCC claims there could be 'animosity' among fans if Kildare-Mayo game went ahead at Newbridge

Asked to elaborate on the safety issues, he said: "People are eager to see their own county playing championship and it was a possibility that people would turn up seeking to get admission to try and buy tickets outside the ground despite knowing that tickets weren't available.

"The risk would be that people would get involved with other spectators, that's the risk.

"I wouldn't call it crowd trouble but there could be animosity shown to people who had tickets and they couldn't get them, claiming they were regular supporters of Kildare."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/chair-of-the-cccc-claims-there-could-be-animosity-among-fans-if-kildaremayo-game-went-ahead-at-newbridge-37050377.html

This is extraordinary stuff from Ned Quinn.
Surprised at him tbh.

He must have visions of Mayo Supporters looting the Whitewater...

"Jesus lads, there's 20% off mens formal shirts in Debenhams!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jayop

One thing this has highlighted is how likely it would be that the gaa will go taking home advantage of teams for super 8 games using the same excuses.

Jinxy

Donegal need to stand up for themselves here.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2018, 10:02:17 AM
Do Kildare fix nearly all their Club Championship games in St Conleths no matter how many pitches bith clubs in a match might pass on their way there?
What if say its Celbridge v Leixlip and they say we want to play it in Maynooth so as not to be dragging our supporters to Newbridge, promotional value of playing locally atmosphere at game etc.
They refuse to turn up in Newbridge, both teams go to Maynooth. .....
Result
KCB would feck them both out of the Championship.

Ridiculous analogy.  The issue here is that per rules of the competition Kildare are entitled to a home venue and CP are breaking their own rules. Bringing in ludicrous side issues about venues for club games shows you are missing the point - intentionally or otherwise.

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 26, 2018, 09:57:16 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 09:54:27 AM
Chair of the CCCC claims there could be 'animosity' among fans if Kildare-Mayo game went ahead at Newbridge

Asked to elaborate on the safety issues, he said: "People are eager to see their own county playing championship and it was a possibility that people would turn up seeking to get admission to try and buy tickets outside the ground despite knowing that tickets weren't available.

"The risk would be that people would get involved with other spectators, that's the risk.

"I wouldn't call it crowd trouble but there could be animosity shown to people who had tickets and they couldn't get them, claiming they were regular supporters of Kildare."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/chair-of-the-cccc-claims-there-could-be-animosity-among-fans-if-kildaremayo-game-went-ahead-at-newbridge-37050377.html

This is extraordinary stuff from Ned Quinn.
Surprised at him tbh.

He must have visions of Mayo Supporters looting the Whitewater...

Ned Quinn  is one of Brian Cody's honchos.

Eg

"John McIntyre is also on record as saying that in 2007 when Offaly were surprisingly neck and neck with Kilkenny at half time, Cody and Kilkenny chairman Ned Quinn cornered the ref at the interval and read him the riot act about giving too many frees to Offaly. "

He knows NOTHING about football.

Kildare need to build their media content around words such as manliness and get Eddie Keher on board.

Shamrock Shore

LOL at "animosity"

Feck sake - I've never seen a Kildare man riz.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 09:46:47 AM
I predict HQ will cave and the game will go ahead in Newbridge.
However, in revenge they'll appoint Cormac Reilly to ref it.
Or Paddy Neilan, where one can take 11 steps in the run up to a goal.

Jinxy

O'Rourke: GAA cannot ignore Kildare protest

"I'm surprised Cavan agreed, even though their ground is unavailable at the moment. If the GAA were thinking of supporters for Cavan and Tyrone, then that match could be in Enniskillen to suit the supporters of both teams.

"I don't know how the GAA could run against Kildare in this case. Kildare are merely abiding by the rules the GAA have set. I don't know how the GAA could force Kildare to forfeit the game because surely on appeal, Kildare would have to win it.

"It's a right Mexican stand-off. I wonder did the GAA have proper consultation with Kildare, Cavan and Tyrone? They have got themselves on the horns of the dilemma and somebody has to back down.

"The GAA do seem to be wielding the big stick here. If right was right, Cavan v Tyrone would be in Enniskillen and Kildare would be in Newbridge."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0626/973250-orourke-gaa-cannot-ignore-kildare-protest/

Colm laying down the law.

seafoid

"This is a football competition, not a financial report" . Cian O'Neill

seafoid

If Kildare go for an injunction could we have the hurling final in September again?

Rudi

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 12:01:10 AM
I see Willie Joe is making an embarrassment of himself as usual on MayoGAABlog.

For once I agree. The same lad was giving out spades about Mayo having to play Kerry in Limerick. Mayo should have stood up that time, but sure their white elephant of a McHale part was / is getting bailed out by headquarters.

Jinxy

Imagine a hypothetical scenario where Mayo went on to win the All-Ireland after getting a walkover against Kildare.
There would always be an asterisk there.
It would always be known as 'The Year of the Walkover'.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jayop on June 26, 2018, 10:10:40 AM
One thing this has highlighted is how likely it would be that the gaa will go taking home advantage of teams for super 8 games using the same excuses.

Super 8 has several games, not quite the same thing. However, if Louth, say, were to qualify for the super 8s (albeit unlikely) might their crap ground not be an issue?

Everyone here is backing the Kildare horse, but I think there is also a point to be made that the GAA should not be making it difficult for people to attend matches if they wish. Actual attendance is one of the strengths of the GAA vs the TV sports. This game would not be on RTÉ but only on Sky, so people could not readily see it if they are prevented from attending.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Taylor

Ned Quinn has made a right bollox of himself coming out with this shite.

Animosity FFS.

So by his logic every time a fixture is announced and it looks like it could possibly be sold out we need to change the venue incase of animosity.

Will the hurling final at the weekend be sold out?? Chance of trouble no doubt

Fair play to Kildare