Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

Kildare will go the legal route, slap an injunction on Croke Park and the whole gaa schedule is up in the air, thats the only way they will be listened to, if its not solved by lunchtime tomorrow the fun starts.

AZOffaly

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 26, 2018, 12:21:59 AM
Kildare will go the legal route, slap an injunction on Croke Park and the whole gaa schedule is up in the air, thats the only way they will be listened to, if its not solved by lunchtime tomorrow the fun starts.

Can they do that? As Kildare CB is a unit of the GAA can they actually get an injunction against themselves?

sid waddell

Quote from: yellowcard on June 25, 2018, 09:37:20 PM
I simply don't buy the health & safety argument, it's a red herring to deflect from the real reason which comes down to revenue and 'product' presentation.
Kildare v Mayo in a jam-packed Newbridge would be a far superior "product" to Kildare v Mayo in a quarter-full Croke Park.

As would be Cavan v Tyrone in Enniskillen compared to playing that game in Croke Park.

Syferus

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 26, 2018, 12:16:10 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 12:13:11 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 26, 2018, 12:11:13 AM
Fair play to Kildare. There 100% right to try and keep there home advantage.If Newbridge can accomodate both sets of season ticket holders then Newbridge it should be.They earned it the rules are the rules.Croke park HQ are to blame for this fiasco.Using the excuse of Mayo fans that might not get a ticket is pathetic they didnt give a shite about us when we were sent packing to Limerick.A statement from the Mayo co board to support Kildare would be nice but i wont hold my breath waiting for it.

It's a very bad look for Mayo to remain silent on this.

What would you suggest??? Our county board are gobshites

Just going to bat for what's right for a change, taking stock of the bigger picture and the shallow grave the GAA is lurching ever closer to and saying enough is enough.

Let's be real, no matter where it's played this is likely to be a straightforward win for Mayo anyways.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 12:26:44 AM
Fair play to Kildare. There 100% right to try and keep there home advantage.If Newbridge can accomodate both sets of season ticket holders then Newbridge it should be.They earned it the rules are the rules.Croke park HQ are to blame for this fiasco.Using the excuse of Mayo fans that might not get a ticket is pathetic they didnt give a shite about us when we were sent packing to Limerick.A statement from the Mayo co board to support Kildare would be nice but i wont hold my breath waiting for it.

Just going to bat for what's right for a change, taking stock of the bigger picture and the shallow grave the GAA is lurching ever closer to and saying enough is enough.

Let's be real, no matter where it's played this is likely to be a straightforward win for Mayo anyways.

We both know theres a very slim chance of that happening.The majority of mayo fans ive spoken with today are fully behind Kildare and dont want Mayo to accept a walkover if it comes to that.

Mayo4Sam14

Just read Willie Joe's piece on the blog. I may have read the last paragraph wrong, and apologies if I've misinterpreted, but did he actually just refer to Cian O'Neill and Kildare people as travellers?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

sligoman2

I don't see this as an easy win for Mayo.  They have lost their starting midfield, playing 2 weeks in a row, Tipp had them on the ropes.  Kildare were in div 1 don't forget.  I expect a very close game.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

giveballaghback

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 26, 2018, 12:23:44 AM

Can they do that? As Kildare CB is a unit of the GAA can they actually get an injunction against themselves?
Being part of something or a unit of a bigger entity does not disqualify you from having issues with the overall administration of that organisation especially if they break their own rules and this adversely effects the part you have responsibility for.

Crete Boom

Unfortunately Sy our county board tend to keep quiet even when our own team is affected so don't expect them to change anytime soon!!

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 26, 2018, 12:42:06 AM

I don't see this as an easy win for Mayo.  They have lost their starting midfield, playing 2 weeks in a row, Tipp had them on the ropes.  Kildare were in div 1 don't forget.  I expect a very close game.

Carlow hammered Kildare a few weeks ago. Mayo are vulnerable in the Quailifers but not to a team short on belief, which is exactly what Kildare are. This could be tight for 55 or even 65 minutes and in the end Mayo will do their usual trick of winning it, likely by around two scores. Tipp are a better team than Kildare IMHO.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 26, 2018, 12:41:44 AM
Just read Willie Joe's piece on the blog. I may have read the last paragraph wrong, and apologies if I've misinterpreted, but did he actually just refer to Cian O'Neill and Kildare people as travellers?

Fellow travellers, a derogatory term for people with communist sympathies.

The hot weather has helped cause this revolutionary outburst from the stricken GAA proletariat.

AZOffaly

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 26, 2018, 12:44:16 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 26, 2018, 12:23:44 AM

Being part of something or a unit of a bigger entity does not disqualify you from having issues with the overall administration of that organisation especially if they break their own rules and this adversely effects the part you have responsibility for.

I understand that. I'm asking if legally one unit can take an injunction against another unit of the same organisation.

Syferus

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 26, 2018, 12:46:02 AM

The hot weather has helped cause this revolutionary outburst from the stricken GAA proletariat.

Read his comments on that article. It makes anything in the OP seem tame.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2018, 12:48:09 AM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 26, 2018, 12:46:02 AM

Read his comments on that article. It makes anything in the OP seem tame.

Amnt seeing anything from him, what was he saying?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Crete Boom

Jesus Christ first Cillian O'Connor and now poor Willie Joe!! Have you never heard the term fellow travellers?
Let me put it in a sentence for you, when it comes to Cillian O'Connor's status as a marquee forward yourself and say Syferus would be fellow travellers!!