West Tyrone By Election - Thurs 3rd May 2018

Started by AQMP, April 27, 2018, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

At least there is an election. Whereas Snarlene, Wee Sammy, Poots etc are too arrogant to admit they made mistakes and resign.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Quote from: Orior on April 27, 2018, 02:39:34 PM
At least there is an election. Whereas Snarlene, Wee Sammy, Poots etc are too arrogant to admit they made mistakes and resign.

I see Poots Óg being investigated in Lisburn for conflicts of interest.

He's chair of the planning body and had a casting vote for a development Daddy happened to be lobbying for.
There's nothing wrong with that allegedly.

seafoid

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 27, 2018, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 27, 2018, 01:41:23 PM
How big a thing in the future will the fact that the leader of SF lives in the south?

All Ireland Party, no issue really surely? Only serves to reinforce their stance I suppose.
I think it depends on how much attention the ledership pay to the North.
Success in the South (pop 4.8m) would bring more power than sharing power with the DUP in the north (pop 1.8m).
The perks on offer in the Roi semi state sector are very juicy as well.
Even SF could shaft the people in the North if push came to shove.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2018, 03:45:03 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 27, 2018, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 27, 2018, 01:41:23 PM
How big a thing in the future will the fact that the leader of SF lives in the south?

All Ireland Party, no issue really surely? Only serves to reinforce their stance I suppose.
I think it depends on how much attention the ledership pay to the North.
Success in the South (pop 4.8m) would bring more power than sharing power with the DUP in the north (pop 1.8m).
The perks on offer in the Roi semi state sector are very juicy as well.
Even SF could shaft the people in the North if push came to shove.

Depending on who you talk to, wouldn't be the first time they betrayed their original power source  :-X

AhNowRef

Quote from: trailer on April 27, 2018, 10:47:18 AM
Orfhlaith Begley is a pure Sinn Fein Robot, a very poor performance last night. Shows how much SF care about the constituents in this seat when they're putting her forward.
McCrossan did rightly and certainly came across the most polished who actually talked sense.
Buchanan couldn't get to grips with the idea that the West Tyrone overwhelmingly voted Remain yet he was for Brexit.
Chris Smyth seems a right sort but he's strangled by the fact he's in the UUP
Stephen Donnelly also talks a lot of sense. Alliance vote will probably drop on the back of this.

Begley to romp home. Turnout down. Which doesn't say much for the electorate in West Tyrone.

I thought McCrossan came across as a bit of arrogant little twit  ...

Yer man Donnelly from Alliance was the best speaker of the lot of them and spoke sense with it....

At times the young SF girl Begley looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights but she got through it ...
She would need to try and get rid of that awful monotone voice .. maybe that was just on the night and she's not like that generally..
.. anyway, between the scared look & the monotone voice she was very robotic .... but here, she's very young, it was her first crack at it and she'll no doubt get better....

Therealdonald

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 27, 2018, 01:03:54 PM
Quote from: awideisneverasgood on April 27, 2018, 01:01:00 PM
Órfhlaith Begley and Buchanan were easily the two poorest performers in that debate last night but are odds on to take the first two places.  The west tyrone election is a synopsis of the whole problem with Northern Ireland politics where people blindly vote along orange and green lines despite the quality of the candidate.
Or lack of "quality" more like it

Yawn Avondhu Yawn

JPGJOHNNYG

Just watched the view jeez the SF woman was desperate. McCrossan spoke pretty well doesn't seem too popular on this site though. As for the others Buchanan came across as a tool. The UUP and Alliance candidates both did fine

Avondhu star

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 27, 2018, 06:33:33 PM
Órfhlaith Begley and Buchanan were easily the two poorest performers in that debate last night but are odds on to take the first two places.  The west tyrone election is a synopsis of the whole problem with Northern Ireland politics where people blindly vote along orange and green lines despite the quality of the candidate.

Yawn Avondhu Yawn
From the constituency where the local "character" of an M.P.  thinks it's very funny walking around with a sliced pan on his head. The bread probably has more brains
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Therealdonald

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 27, 2018, 07:51:01 PM

Yawn Avondhu Yawn
From the constituency where the local "character" of an M.P.  thinks it's very funny walking around with a sliced pan on his head. The bread probably has more brains

zzzzzzzz and again zzzzzzzzz.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 27, 2018, 09:47:30 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on April 27, 2018, 07:51:01 PM

Yawn Avondhu Yawn

zzzzzzzz and again zzzzzzzzz.

He isn't wrong.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dougal Maguire

McCrossan is a smug git. I understand Begley is a solicitor, so she's well educated. Only saw a bit of the debate, given it was Begley's first time she seemed to do okay all things considered. Buchanan was out of his depth
Careful now

Minder

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 28, 2018, 08:59:01 AM
McCrossan is a smug git. I understand Begley is a solicitor, so she's well educated. Only saw a bit of the debate, given it was Begley's first time she seemed to do okay all things considered. Buchanan was out of his depth

You would need to be doing badly to be out of your depth with politicians here
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Yeah people should know the rules.

If you're out of your depth blame SF/DUP (delete as appropriate).

Avondhu star

" so she's well educated"
It's very important to be able to distinguish between education and intelligence. They are not the same.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Avondhu star on April 28, 2018, 09:41:45 AM

" so she's well educated"
It's very important to be able to distinguish between education and intelligence. They are not the same.

Its very obvious you have neither.