Author Topic: Nicest Towns in Ireland  (Read 5346 times)

Avondhu star

• View Profile
Re: Nicest Towns in Ireland
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2018, 02:30:49 PM »
They say that Naas is an awful place
Abbeyleix is just as bad
Longford town would get you down
but f**k me Kinnegad
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2018, 07:25:09 PM »
The historic old town of Moygashel is absolutely gorgeous and has been the centre of cultural life in Tyrone since the 1800s . Just put on your walking shoes (it's mainly cobbled streets) and go exploring. The town was untouched by the Troubles, a beacon of neutrality, and is now on the UNESCO Heritage list. If you enter from the south you'll see Linen Green, one of the world's leading designer shopping villages. Stroll through the old town and you'll find lots of interesting murals, the Independent Methodist Church, and in the centre of the square you'll find the Cloth Hall monument, commemorating the town's rich linen history. The centre is surrounded by rows of terrorist houses with lots of fields and hedges. Linen Green sells everything from food to souvenirs and local crafts.

Moygashel is clean, has a peaceful atmosphere, and appeared very safe for walking around. No cars are allowed in the centre though there are taxis within a few miles.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2018, 08:45:13 PM »
The historic old town of Moygashel is absolutely gorgeous and has been the centre of cultural life in Tyrone since the 1800s . Just put on your walking shoes (it's mainly cobbled streets) and go exploring. The town was untouched by the Troubles, a beacon of neutrality, and is now on the UNESCO Heritage list. If you enter from the south you'll see Linen Green, one of the world's leading designer shopping villages. Stroll through the old town and you'll find lots of interesting murals, the Independent Methodist Church, and in the centre of the square you'll find the Cloth Hall monument, commemorating the town's rich linen history. The centre is surrounded by rows of terrorist houses with lots of fields and hedges. Linen Green sells everything from food to souvenirs and local crafts.

Moygashel is clean, has a peaceful atmosphere, and appeared very safe for walking around. No cars are allowed in the centre though there are taxis within a few miles.
"The centre of cultural life in Tyrone " may be a pejorative term.
Those biscuits are for the visitors

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
Classic O Neill. Nicest town in Ireland......"surrounded by terrorist houses" lol. Biggest laugh I've had in  while!!!

Though nice area to be fair.

maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2018, 10:00:52 PM »
Again more of a village than a town but Strangford Co Down is lovely.

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2018, 11:43:35 AM »
When you called someone a "Black Bastid" it was because they kicked with the other foot (Protestant) and it did come from the Royal Black Institution and had nothing to do with ones skin colour...

I would reserve the term 'black' for a bigoted, sectarian Protestant, rather than calling someone that simply because they are Protestant. Equal term I would use for a bigoted, sectarian Catholic would probably be 'idiot'.