Brian McGuigans Bad Luck

Started by Quarterback, May 14, 2007, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Why send an apology to all the clubs then ? Sounds like he made the incorrect statements, woke up the next morning and said "jesus, did I say all that ? " - I'd better sort this out, send a letter saying he had been "misquoted" and hope it will go away - but when the Ardboe club have been  perversely accused of being the source of the leak, I'd say there will be more about it - apparently there's going to be an investigation so we'll see what comes out of it - The facts are that Aodhan DID speak to Francie Mooney and other sources and merely repeated the allegations that swept round the county -

But this story about Aodhan Harkin is a sideshow and not really important - the important thing is that Francie Mooney is making wild claims ( in this case about Brian Mc Guigan making the Ulster Final ) - he should stop it and only report facts that he is sure about ( and come to think of it, so should Aodhan Harkin !!! ) Brian's hopes are being raised without any foundation and this is unfair ti him - he has been through enough - sure he can't even see out of his - everything is just a blur !

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2007, 11:36:01 AM
Why send an apology to all the clubs then ? Sounds like he made the incorrect statements, woke up the next morning and said "jesus, did I say all that ? "...
Maybe the apology was for having said anything at all, thereby being misquoted and aggravating the discomfort that both clubs were justifiably suffering.  "Sounds like" isn't really a sound basis for conviction, and you're engaging in something of the same that you're accusing others of: making judgements and coming to conclusions without being in full receipt of the facts.

Totally correct about the reporting about Brian, reckless in the extreme.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Sure we'll see what happens and as they say, it will all come out in the wash.
But you're right about the reckless reporting - what planet is this man on ? Making inaccurate and sensational headlines might sell newspapers but the public should be aware when speaking to Mooney, that they will be misquoted, so the best thing is to say nothing - that way people won't have to send apologies and accusations can't be levelled. I feel sorry for Aodhan Harkin if Mooney invented the headlines but to accuse the Ardboe club of telling Francie Mooney that there was a free for all etc etc is just typical of a county board who never had any love for Ardboe and who shafted them every chance they got -

orangeman

I didn't say it was Harkin that implied Ardboe was the source of the leak - but the facts are that he spoke to Mooney on the Sunday night and gave his version of events - who do you think it was then that accused Ardboe of talking to Mooney ?

I do agree with you that Mooney is well behind on quality reporting - but the pen is always mightier than the sword and facts are that Mooney has the contracts with all the national papers and they seem to get the headlines -

The story about the so called riot isn't important - but there is a principle involved - the story about Brian making the Ulster Final is again without foundation and isn't worth repeating - Brian can't see at the minute and how would he play football in a few weeks time ?

orangeman

I hear there's a very scathing letter in this weeks Tyrone Times about Brian's injury which was written by Frank senior - His criticisms are reserved for the individual responsible, the Aygharan club as a whole for failing to make contact to enquire as to his condition and the referee who was just not up to the job of refereeing at any level. Has anyone else seen this letter ? Can anyone put it up on the site ? Any thoughts ?

ONeill

You're getting a bit excited there Orangeman!

Frank Snr would need to stop fighting his son's battles. Rather embarrassing I'm sure.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

If you had a son and had this befall him,I'd say you would defend him as well would you not ? And by the way, who mentioned a batlle only yourself ?

Star Spangler

Mid-August would probably be the earliest Brian could play football.  It's not the Ulster Final but it's a lot better than some of the initial predictions.  At least in the meantime he's able to exercise and train to some extent.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Star Spangler on May 23, 2007, 10:55:47 AM
Mid-August would probably be the earliest Brian could play football.  It's not the Ulster Final but it's a lot better than some of the initial predictions.  At least in the meantime he's able to exercise and train to some extent.

Dont think this may necessarily be the case, as far as I know he has to take it easy for the immediate future.

Star Spangler

QuoteDont think this may necessarily be the case, as far as I know he has to take it easy for the immediate future

He'll be restricted in some ways alright - particularly running and ball work- but it'll have limited impact on gym training.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on May 22, 2007, 02:32:45 PM
I hear there's a very scathing letter in this weeks Tyrone Times about Brian's injury which was written by Frank senior - His criticisms are reserved for the individual responsible, the Aygharan club as a whole for failing to make contact to enquire as to his condition and the referee who was just not up to the job of refereeing at any level. Has anyone else seen this letter ? Can anyone put it up on the site ? Any thoughts ?

Any Aghyaran response to this that you know of orangeman?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

Stangely but sadly silent. It's a real shame that they didn't make some contact. 

Star Spangler

orangeman

No significant improvement from what I hear - antoher few weeks and things should start to improve - he was a big miss for us against Cookstown -

orangeman

And by the way , I see that Mooney has had to retract the shite he talked about Brian being back for the Ulster final - he's such a gutter journalist who makes up shite and gets shite printed just to sell papers ...........