Brian McGuigans Bad Luck

Started by Quarterback, May 14, 2007, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fíor Gael

Quote from: shitzroy on May 14, 2007, 01:40:20 PM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheeky, ignorant, begrudging f**ker.
Wish Brian a speedy recovery and hope to see his undisputed talent back on the field of play before long.

orangeman

Just ignore arseholes like that one - no further comments please - Brian is a legend - long live the legend !

J70

Quote from: stew on May 14, 2007, 02:30:00 PM
I am appalled that a couple of dirtboards on this thread are laughing at McGuigan's injury, as an Armagh man I am very sorry to see that MCguigan is out because he is a must see player, he is a tremendous player and ambassador for the sport and one of the best and most skillful players of his generation and for a couple of knackers to mock him when he has a really bad eye injury is disgusting to say the least.

I hope he retains the full use of his eye and I pray he will be able to resume a normal life after his injuries heal, he is a class act and I wish him well.

Well said Stew.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 14, 2007, 05:51:13 PM
Sadly for McGuigan Mickey Harte has been told McGuigan requires surgery, and doctors have told them he will be certainly out for between six weeks to two months I've heard.
Long recovery due to the complicated nature of the injury and surgery.

I cant believe this. Above and beyond the fact that the guy has left a huge hole in the Tyrone team over the last couple of years this must be a huge blow for him personally, a double legbreak after which he worked so hard to get fit then two abortive comebacks due to further injuries. Hope he can get over this latest blow and get back enjoying his football again.

shitzroy

I was laughing at something funny that happened earlier, i must have inadvertently typed it into the comment box!

Ah well, looks like he won't be Micky Harte's star pupil this year

SuperDooperCooper

McGuigan has had his fair share of bad luck at this stage. Hopefully he will be back shortly.

J70

Quote from: shitzroy on May 14, 2007, 09:11:56 PM
I was laughing at something funny that happened earlier, i must have inadvertently typed it into the comment box!

Ah well, looks like he won't be Micky Harte's star pupil this year

You're quite the wit.

ludermor

Mid Mon

Why was he eligible to play for his club's reserves?

Star Spangler

QuoteWhy was he eligible to play for his club's reserves
In Tyrone you can play either first-team or reserve - it's up to the management.  The reserve team isn't the same as a second team playing Junior or something.  They're the first teams reserves.

Fuzzman

Does anyone know how the actual injury occurred?
Who was the Aghyaran player who did it?

Sounds like he'll be out for another 2 months at least though eye injuries are very delicate and could be a long term problem.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 15, 2007, 12:26:28 PM
Does anyone know how the actual injury occurred?
Who was the Aghyaran player who did it?

Sounds like he'll be out for another 2 months at least though eye injuries are very delicate and could be a long term problem.

Happened very quickly - he was running through on goal with the ball and shot, I followed the flight of the ball and didnt see fully what then happened next but it appeared to me that as he was shooting a couple of Aghayarn players converged on him and not sure what the impact was. Must have been pretty hefty to cause this type of damage. He appeared to be cut above the eye and very distressed as he came off.

neutral

Good luck to Brian Mc Guigan and i hope he recovers fully.  LSL did he score as he got injured ,not that it matters?

parttimeexile

Hope he makes a full recovery.Brian is an great player and seems like a really nice fella too.

supersarsfields

In Tyrone you can play either first-team or reserve - it's up to the management.  The reserve team isn't the same as a second team playing Junior or something.  They're the first teams reserves.

Yeah but as Bummer had mentioned earlier you'd have thought that Brian would have been on the 12 named players that each team have to name at the start of the year as Senior only players.