Brian McGuigans Bad Luck

Started by Quarterback, May 14, 2007, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Quote from: ziggysego on March 06, 2008, 10:00:13 AM
According to Paddy Heaney in the Irish News this morning, Brian McGuigan is to make his comeback for Tyrone on the 15th, in the home game against Laois. He has been given the all clear from his consultant and Mickey Harte says he is doing great work at training.

Orangeman... is it true? Are Tyrone's fortunes about to change?

If so, expect big crowds at the game. Prehaps even a large neutral crowd! :D:D

Yes he got the green light from his consultant to start playing again by all accounts. Would be sceptical about him playing any part in a game as soon as the 15th definitely at county level any way (hopefully he returns for Ardboe first  ;D). He has hardly played in almost 2 years and had 2 terrible injuries so it will be a massive ask to get back to speed at club level never mind county level but if there is anyone up to the task its him.

ziggysego

I'd say any part he plays will be purely symbolic, but man wouldn't it be great? A 10 minute run out at the end of the game is what everyone wants to see. That is, if Brian's fit and wants to. Mickey seems sure he will.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

McGuigan set for Red Hand return

Brian McGuigan's long-awaited comeback looks like it will finally materialise in the Allianz NFL game against Laois in Omagh on 15 March.

McGuigan has been training with Tyrone for several weeks and has got the all-clear to resume his career.

The Ardboe man suffered a career-threatening eye injury in a club game last May.

He was included in the Tyrone squad for a McKenna Cup game but didn't play and has yet to line out in this year's NFL.

McGuigan has not played for Tyrone since the 2005 All-Ireland Final victory over Kerry.

He suffered a broken leg and subsequent ankle injury in 2006 prior to the serious eye problem last year.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7280941.stm

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Brilliant news - good luck to him and I hope he simply is able to enjoy his football again !

ziggysego

Shows you what a tower of strength the man must have. To come back from an injury that would stop most people, not once, but twice! An inspiration to what and goes to show you with the right frame of mind, you can overcome anything.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Have to agree with you there Ziggy - he just loves football - but there has to be a very deep courage and commitment within him - he is indeed a great example of human courage -  I really hope it goes well for him.

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on March 06, 2008, 11:32:38 AM
Have to agree with you there Ziggy - he just loves football - but there has to be a very deep courage and commitment within him - he is indeed a great example of human courage -  I really hope it goes well for him.

Would definitely agree with that!

supersarsfields

Great news. Firstly glad to see it looks like there's been a full recovery and secondly it might just be the shot in the arm needed to kick start Tyrone's season. Tho I would say Mickey will be looking to ease him in gently. I would imagine a late cameo role will be all he'll get this time round if even.
And like stated above fair play to him for sticking at it.

give her dixie

To see Brian back playing is not only a welcome sight for Ardboe and Tyrone, but to every Gael in Ireland and beyond.
He will surely geta rousing response.
Welcome back Brian
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

thejuice

Well done to him, you have to take your hat off to the man, he's an inspiration.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BennyHarp

With Brian on the verge of a comeback - i hope stevie o'neill looks at him as an example and overcomes his injury problems!

All of sudden things dont look that depressing!  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

Deal_Me_In

Just like to join everyone in congratulating Brian on the effort, determination and desire he has shown to overcome the troubles of the last couple of years. Hope the rest of the playing career can stay injury free and Brian can enjoy the game for a while again.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on March 06, 2008, 01:13:46 PM
Hope the rest of the playing career can stay injury free and Brian can enjoy the game for a while again.

Thats the main thing IMO, he has had such terrible luck over the past 2 years that I just hope he manages to avoid serious injury for the rest of his career. If he can get back near to his old form thats a bonus but you wouldnt put it past him having shown such determination to get over his injuries.

Now to get Dooher fit then tempt SON back...there will be no stopping us ;D

omagh_gael

this is great news, brian mc guigan is an exceptional man, im contemplating queing up at healy park already to make sure iv a seat!!!  ;D

rrhf

Regardless if we dont win another game this season, this makes it worth giving it a lash.  Lets fill Omagh for Brian.  Who gives a flute if they lose - they are all heroes.