Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 278655 times)

Dearg

• View Profile
Re: Cycling
« Reply #2715 on: February 13, 2021, 05:33:58 PM »
I have zero interest in cycling outdoors but have had some interest in this Zwift carryon for fitness reasons. Could you run a mountain bike on one of those smart turbo trainers as the eldest fella got a new bike there and the old one is in good nick.
If you got a wheel on turbo trainer then Id assume youd have to change out the tyre on the mountain bike to a training wheel tyre.
You could stick your trainer in the post as it doesn't look as if you are using it.
Just go and buy one ya cheap fecker  ;D
800!  :o I wouldn't spend that on a bike never mind something to attach a bike to!
Theres plenty of cheaper options when it comes to turbo trainers. You could pick one up for as cheap as 50. I remember Aldi were selling them a while back for around that price.If you want to get a smart enabled one you should still get one for around 300

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: February 13, 2021, 06:43:21 PM »
I have zero interest in cycling outdoors but have had some interest in this Zwift carryon for fitness reasons. Could you run a mountain bike on one of those smart turbo trainers as the eldest fella got a new bike there and the old one is in good nick.
If you got a wheel on turbo trainer then Id assume youd have to change out the tyre on the mountain bike to a training wheel tyre.
You could stick your trainer in the post as it doesn't look as if you are using it.
800!  :o I wouldn't spend that on a bike never mind something to attach a bike to!
Yeah sure why would you invest in your health!
Youve probably spent that amount last year, if not more, on biscuits, crisps and beer!
I loves me county

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 13, 2021, 07:16:49 PM »
Yeah sure why would you invest in your health!
Youve probably spent that amount last year, if not more, on biscuits, crisps and beer!
You can't go around fat shaming people in 2021 even if it is factually correct ;) MOD!!!!

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 18, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »
Out for my first cycle since October. We don't have space for a turbo trainer setup in the house unfortunately
The last few days were so mild I felt I had to get out

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 18, 2021, 06:02:03 PM »
I was hoping there would have been a relaxing of the cycling rules from 2 back out to 6 (NI), not looking good unless something comes out in the finer details.

maddog

• View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 19, 2021, 11:46:25 AM »
Just having a bit of a browse on the bike sales front and doesn't seem to have been a worse time to try and buy a new bike. Everything out of stock and no deals. Shipping from Far East is costing a fortune at the moment so prices are up and delays are inevitable given lack of vessel capacity westbound. Flipside is 2nd hand stuff selling for silly money on ebay. I bought 2nd hand one last year 56cm Trek Madone 5.2 on a whim and i suspect it is a fraction on small side. Annoying the way modern bikes come up with different frame sizes depending on the brand. Back in the day a 22" frame was a 22" frame.
Trek Madone has a mast rather than a seatpost, does anyone with experience of these know if you can get slightly longer mast? Doesn't seem to be much online about them.