Newspaper Championship Supplements

Started by bennydorano, May 13, 2007, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Excellent supplement in today's Sunday Times.  A few things I noticed form the coverage: Dublin and Tyrone are being virtually written off by most commentators; there is an assumption that Armagh are clearly done; it's Kerry's to lose.

tayto

People will still manage to say Dublin are being hyped up!  :P

ziggysego

Just what Tyrone needs, to be told we're written off. Sam's ours now ;-)
Testing Accessibility

mannix

what did they say about mayo,donagal and cork?

armaghniac

Well if Tyrone, Dublin and Armagh are useless, then presumably it will come down to a big game between Kerry and Mayo or perhaps Cork in Croke Pk. Given the recent record of these games, Kerry must be trembling in their boots! You'd have to hope for Donegal to step forward to make it interesting.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ExiledGael

Enough with the who's gonna win, that's on another thread.
Seen a lot of the supplements during the week and last week's Sunday World. The Irish News one was good for the North as usual, Irish Star did a decent one, few different ideas like showing a numer of  high profile GAA stars BEBO pages, Joe Canning amongst others, good enough read, if a little silly.
Daily Mirror effort was pretty poor

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: tayto on May 13, 2007, 01:05:47 PM
People will still manage to say Dublin are being hyped up!  :P

The Sunday Times preview is five pages long. One full page is an interview with Alan Brogan. That's twenty per cent, for a team that's "written off." QED.

I haven't seen anyone write Dublin off, to be honest. Some have said they're off the pace, which isn't the same as being written off, but on the other hand, Seán Óg de Paor tipped them to win the thing, which surprised me slightly. So did someone else on the radio recently, but I can't quite remember who it was. Don't worry about it Tayto, we'll be hearing plenty about Dublin yet.

Best of luck in the election, by the way. ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Not much mention of Dublin in most of the championship supplements after a disappointing league campaign.

Then again if they get a win or two in Leinster the hype machine will be back in full swing fairly sharpish.

laoisgaa

Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I couldn't find the 2010 equivalent one.

I think both the Irish News and The Irish Sun are due to have GAA supplements today

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

drici

The Antrim v Tyrone match took a bit of a hammering at first sight in the Football fixtures section of the Irish Daily Star Championship 2010 48 Page Guide though it's fine if you pull the whole magazine tight holding either side whilst open at the middle pages.

small white mayoman

Quote from: gerry on May 14, 2010, 11:08:02 AM
irish star as well today

yeah a photo of sean cavanagh buying some meat off his local butcher in moy for all the tyronies out there, class photo
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

drici

Quote from: small white mayoman on May 14, 2010, 11:48:54 AM

yeah a photo of sean cavanagh buying some meat off his local butcher in moy for all the tyronies out there, class photo

And below:

Steaks are high for Cavanagh

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,