Author Topic: Arlene's bigotry shines through  (Read 20330 times)

HiMucker

• View Profile
Re: Arlene's bigotry shines through
« Reply #390 on: April 17, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »
Are Sinn Féin doing the right  thing  by not putting the boot in?
Yes IMO.  It would only end up being a green v orange issue.  Better to leave it to journalists and other parties to stick the boot in as you say.  I would imagine that a lot of unionists would be embarrassed and dismayed at her ongoings.  Whether that would affect the Dup vote much is another matter.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 17, 2018, 06:50:57 PM »
Are Sinn Féin doing the right  thing  by not putting the boot in?

Why step  in, when Coghlin is laying into them & skewering them all roads??

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 17, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »
At the end of May 2013, the UK government's energy minister Greg Barker wrote to Mrs Foster in which he explained that his department was making major cost control changes to the Great Britain RHI scheme.  The letter was referred to the DETI officials who were dealing with Northern Ireland's RHI initiative.  They said it was "similar" to an earlier letter from Mr Barker and no action was therefore needed.  But that wasn't true - the earlier letter had referred to completely different matters - and the chance to tell Mrs Foster about the cost control changes wasn't taken.  Dr Crawford says neither he nor Mrs Foster received the letter but "the minister should've seen all the correspondence coming from a Westminster department".

Foster may dodge a bullet on corruption but it's clear she didn't have the first notion about what RHI was, how it operated, how much it cost, who was running it and as important neither did her closest SPAD.  Why would all that be important when you're obsessed with making sure that street names in Irish don't appear and that gay people can't get married.

I'd say he knew fine rightly, sure didn't he give his relatives the heads-up about how much money they could make. If he was so incompetent, what was he being paid a £90k salary for? She I can understand to be as thick as pig shit and incompetent, but him? He's basically saying he's an idiot, rather than admitting he lied. And when you look at the evidence, that's probably his only defence

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2018, 09:47:16 PM »
Hold on lads and lassies his cousin didn't put his first boiler in until nearly a year after he sent him the draft document (which was the first of 3 documents he sent over 3 yrs) and only put 6 in before the window closed for applications. And when was asked at the early stages of the inquiry if he has released any confidential information to family members he flat out denied it, but when they produced the email (which his cousin supplied to the inquiry) he just said he didn't remember doing it.
Its clear to be seen that Mr Dr Crawford (would love to know what he is a doctor of) is the scape goat for Snarlene and probably has been rewarded to do so.

Had to add this

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crawford-back-with-dup-after-resigning-last-year-1-8455372

The text messages....lol
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:27:12 PM by Hereiam »

red hander

• Masters of the dark arts since 1996
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »
Hold on lads and lassies his cousin didn't put his first boiler in until nearly a year after he sent him the draft document (which was the first of 3 documents he sent over 3 yrs) and only put 6 in before the window closed for applications. And when was asked at the early stages of the inquiry if he has released any confidential information to family members he flat out denied it, but when they produced the email (which his cousin supplied to the inquiry) he just said he didn't remember doing it.
Its clear to be seen that Mr Dr Crawford (would love to know what he is a doctor of) is the scape goat for Snarlene and probably has been rewarded to do so.

Had to add this

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/crawford-back-with-dup-after-resigning-last-year-1-8455372

The text messages....lol

It's always been about lining their pockets with the DUP, from Red Sky to Nama to RHI and plenty of shenanigans before and after. Arlene's a busted flush. If she's still about by the time the RHI report is published (which I doubt), it will finish her. The only reason she is still here is her absolutely breathtaking arrogance

Hereiam

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2018, 10:57:30 PM »
I don't know red hander, any other jurisdiction that would be the case but in this little corner of Ireland once the orange card is played alot is forgotten

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2018, 12:08:00 AM »

Had to add this

The text messages....lol

Actually know that Anderson fella. If you want a laugh, there's a comment piece on Arlene and why shes right to leave if a United Ireland happens.

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2018, 10:25:08 AM »
Arlene Foster giving evidence again today.

Sweeper 123

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »
and it is definitely worth the watching .....struggling, stuttering, red face .....

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 18, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
MY GOD

How can anyone defend her - not matter how blinkered a religious, political, DUP view you have. And bare in mind this is a tame inquiry not really being too aggressive in questioning and still its damning!

This should be used as a key case study for why it is better to resign when you are responsible for something of such magnitude rather than go to an inquiry.

yellowcard

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 18, 2018, 05:27:25 PM »
Arlene Foster is as tough as old boots......according to..........herself!! Even if the report totally indicts her, I doubt very much if she will be resigning.

Mr Sterling said civil servants had "got into the habit" of not recording minutes of meetings with ministers because the DUP and Sinn Féin were sensitive to criticism.

The DUP leader says she "did smile when I read that".

She doesn't believe any politicians are not sensitive to criticism and "given what I came through last year I think I'm tougher than most".

"All politicians know they're going to be criticised on a day and daily basis," she says, adding that "you have to ask if you're in the right job" if you are sensitive to criticism.

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 18, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »
"Mrs Foster says she "wasn't aware of rumours going around" in 2014 that the RHI scheme was offering a "cash for ash".

Biomass boiler firms were advertising their products through the scheme at trade fair organised by Stormont's enterprise and agriculture departments and were using slogans such as "burn to earn".

Inquiry Sir Patrick Coghlin asks Mrs Foster what communications she had with then agriculture minister Michelle O'Neill "as to what was actually happening on the street... with 'burn-to-earn', 'cash-for-ash'".

She says she didn't know about that and adds that she was not engaging with farmers about what they were doing in relation to with the scheme.

"I know that may sound rather strange given that I am a Fermanagh and South Tyrone MLA, but it's the truth," she adds."

And I thought some of the evidence in the rugby trial didn't ring true!

AQMP

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 18, 2018, 05:41:18 PM »
LAD is running with #IDon'tBelieveHer :D

StGallsGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2018, 12:43:18 AM »
"Mrs Foster says she "wasn't aware of rumours going around" in 2014 that the RHI scheme was offering a "cash for ash".

Biomass boiler firms were advertising their products through the scheme at trade fair organised by Stormont's enterprise and agriculture departments and were using slogans such as "burn to earn".

Inquiry Sir Patrick Coghlin asks Mrs Foster what communications she had with then agriculture minister Michelle O'Neill "as to what was actually happening on the street... with 'burn-to-earn', 'cash-for-ash'".

She says she didn't know about that and adds that she was not engaging with farmers about what they were doing in relation to with the scheme.

"I know that may sound rather strange given that I am a Fermanagh and South Tyrone MLA, but it's the truth," she adds."

And I thought some of the evidence in the rugby trial didn't ring true!

Foster is an indelible stain on the political, social and economic history of the country and that’s about as good as her legacy will ever read. 

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
MY GOD

How can anyone defend her - not matter how blinkered a religious, political, DUP view you have. And bare in mind this is a tame inquiry not really being too aggressive in questioning and still its damning!

This should be used as a key case study for why it is better to resign when you are responsible for something of such magnitude rather than go to an inquiry.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.