Michael Lyster's imminent retirement

Started by T Fearon, January 28, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Orchard park on January 29, 2018, 11:06:43 AM
all for Des cahill getting it,

then those of us who attend live matches wont have to suffer him on the highlights show.

if they want o go for knowledge dara O Cinneide is streets ahead of the others..........

for a left field suggestion Marie Crowe, miles ahead of Cantwell, Ni Chuleann, Hurley, if going for gender balance

Hello and welcome to the G-A-A-A all Ireland ehhhh football final.

He seems like very nice man but if he's the best there is we're in bother.

rosnarun

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 29, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on January 29, 2018, 10:44:42 AM
to be honest I think the whole thing has gone so stale its become irrelevant I only ever turn up the volume for the match itself and the evening program is unwatchable with about 75% of nonentities sprouting shite to 25 % action usually from the game/games that were shown live earlier.
The GAA should hand over the whole lot to TG4 where they'd treat it with respect.

and I didn't even mention that bollix once

Which one?!

the one that try to be outrageous to get attention , probably never breast fed as a child
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

OgraAnDun

Quote from: rosnarun on January 29, 2018, 02:47:21 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 29, 2018, 12:27:55 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on January 29, 2018, 10:44:42 AM
to be honest I think the whole thing has gone so stale its become irrelevant I only ever turn up the volume for the match itself and the evening program is unwatchable with about 75% of nonentities sprouting shite to 25 % action usually from the game/games that were shown live earlier.
The GAA should hand over the whole lot to TG4 where they'd treat it with respect.

and I didn't even mention that bollix once

Which one?!

the one that try to be outrageous to get attention , probably never breast fed as a child

To be honest, that doesn't really narrow it down from the RTE panel.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 08:25:13 PM
Joanne Cantwell is the one. Knows her stuff. Not afraid to ask the hard questions.

Dara O Cinneide is a good presenter with great knowledge, but we have to many people on RTE and in the media from Kerry.
I think O'Cinneide would be a decent choice, did a very good job on that TG4 preview show on a Fri evening for a few years - I would get rid of Spillane and O'Shea though, add very little in terms of game analysis, just trot out the same old cliches week after week.  To be honest, a decent clean out is required at this stage as it has all gone way past stale at this point.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 29, 2018, 04:05:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 28, 2018, 08:25:13 PM
Joanne Cantwell is the one. Knows her stuff. Not afraid to ask the hard questions.

Dara O Cinneide is a good presenter with great knowledge, but we have to many people on RTE and in the media from Kerry.
I think O'Cinneide would be a decent choice, did a very good job on that TG4 preview show on a Fri evening for a few years - I would get rid of Spillane and O'Shea though, add very little in terms of game analysis, just trot out the same old cliches week after week.  To be honest, a decent clean out is required at this stage as it has all gone way past stale at this point.
Gooch has been disappointing as well in my opinion.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Lyster was on 3 today pointing a kitchen knife at Martin King. Can see him switching teams.

manfromdelmonte

the Gooch is a terrible talker

don't know how he got that job dealing with the public at the bank cash desks...

LooseCannon

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 29, 2018, 07:56:40 PM
the Gooch is a terrible talker

don't know how he got that job dealing with the public at the bank cash desks...

He hasn't done that for years. He's to busy trying to indoctrinate the youth that AIB are great.

https://amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-aib-sky-and-other-brands-will-complete-cultural-hijacking-of-the-gaa-if-new-director-general-doesnt-act-36464318.html

rosnarun

I just realized Colm o rourke is still on the sunday game .
unless they was a major redecoration he would be left as part of the set
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Esmarelda

I'd settle for Carney, Canning and Carr in the studio if there was an absolute guarantee that they'd never ever enter a commentary box again.

Jinxy

Quote from: rosnarun on January 30, 2018, 03:17:21 PM
I just realized Colm o rourke is still on the sunday game .
unless they was a major redecoration he would be left as part of the set

By rights, Colm should get the presenting gig as he's the voice of reason and universally loved & respected.
He could remain as senior analyst as well.
Just has to swap chairs depending on which hat he's wearing.
"Colm, what did you think of that first half?"
"excuse me there Joe, just need to get by. Pull in your knee, Pat. I told you to pull in your knee! There's nothing wrong with you."
"Well Colm, it looks to me like... what was the question again? Ah jaysus, hang on a sec"
"excuse me Pat..."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Quote from: Esmarelda on January 30, 2018, 03:44:28 PM
I'd settle for Carney, Canning and Carr in the studio if there was an absolute guarantee that they'd never ever enter a commentary box again.

I'd just prefer a 'No commentary' option on matchdays. Commentator ruin games, especially Canning.

Dubhaltach

Quote from: Esmarelda on January 30, 2018, 03:44:28 PM

While I'm no fan of the other two, Tommy Carr still getting to commentate on matches tells you all you need to know about the idiots running The Sunday Game.

playwiththewind1st

BennyCake

Carney, Canning, Carr...

Hmm, is this the CCC they speak of? Or am I missing another C?