Irish Business Thread

Started by TabClear, January 26, 2018, 09:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Looks like Wrightbus is on the brink. All prospective investor have pulled out.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: square_ball on September 20, 2019, 08:59:07 PM

DUP will buy them out.

trailer

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 20, 2019, 09:21:22 PM
Quote from: square_ball on September 20, 2019, 08:59:07 PM

DUP will buy them out.

Some mess if these jobs go.

imtommygunn

Ballymena continues to be decimated. Michelin, Gallagher and now this. Great job Ian Og...

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2019, 08:19:42 AM
Ballymena continues to be decimated. Michelin, Gallagher and now this. Great job Ian Og...

Look....I am too busy slagging journalists & going off on holiday. I haven't time to represent constituents as well.

imtommygunn

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on September 21, 2019, 10:56:49 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2019, 08:19:42 AM

Look....I am too busy slagging journalists & going off on holiday. I haven't time to represent constituents as well.

The journalist thing just illustrates he thinks he is above everything. Thou shalt not criticise me the 11th commandment.  The thing is he gets away with everything >:(

weareros

One wonders where all the Wrightbus money handouts went. A lot to their church no doubt.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: weareros on September 21, 2019, 12:35:19 PM
One wonders where all the Wrightbus money handouts went. A lot to their church no doubt.

(Financially) support your Lord & your local DUP representative.

Jeepers Creepers

From Twitter:

Wrightbus parent company, The Cornerstone Group Ltd, made a £4.1 million charity donation in their 2017 accounts which led to them making a £1.7 milion loss for the year.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 21, 2019, 03:42:34 PM
From Twitter:

Wrightbus parent company, The Cornerstone Group Ltd, made a £4.1 million charity donation in their 2017 accounts which led to them making a £1.7 milion loss for the year.

Might have made a loss in this world, but that will buy a lot of goodwill when they're eventually "called home", as they quaintly put it.

TabClear

More bad news coming by the look of things at a big employer, albeit this seems to be back office jobs rather than manufacturing.

Caterpillar: Fears for about 100 jobs at financial services centre

There are fears for about 100 jobs at the Caterpillar financial services centre in west Belfast.

The company has said it is a result of outsourcing its global finance operations.

Staff in Belfast were told about the plans on Thursday.

A Caterpillar spokesman told the BBC that work performed at Caterpillar finance operations is to be transferred to Accenture.

Accenture is a global services and outsourcing firm which has a long relationship with the firm.

The spokesman said: "The company informed employees of its decision to move to a global process model and partner with Accenture for the delivery of select finance and accounting activities.

"This partnership will lead to a transition of work currently performed at multiple Caterpillar finance operation locations to multiple Accenture finance operation locations."

Accenture does not have a finance operations presence in Northern Ireland.

The BBC understands that the Belfast staff were briefed by US and UK managers and told that redundancy packages would be on offer.

Caterpillar is a significant manufacturing employer in Northern Ireland and has had a finance centre in the region since 2005.

People Before Profit MLA Gerry Carroll told BBC News NI that it will "take everyone standing together" to save the jobs.

"I'm going to stand with workers and put pressure on wherever I can on," he said.

"Government departments must step in, provide assistance and hopefully save these jobs."

At what point are Unions/politicians etc going to realise that government are not going to intervene in these situations?

Maroon Manc

I see Niall McGarry has stepped down from maximum media's Irish operations due to the click farm scandal.

I've never understood how they do so well, content isn't good enough; Reckon this could be the start of something bigger. Advertisers aren't happy, at what point do they take it to the next level.