Author Topic: Attendances  (Read 29958 times)

AZOffaly

• View Profile
Re: Attendances
« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »
17,600 at the Hurley Final.

How come the participants can toss for the venue for this, but such a thing is not possible for football finals?

They don't toss. Tipp and Kilkenny have a home and away agreement for National League finals.

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2018, 10:08:05 AM »
How come the hurlers don't have a nervous breakdown at the thoughts of playing a final anywhere other than Croke Park.

Entitlement?
#newbridgeornowhere

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
I was watching the Dublin club championship on TG4 last night . a very attractive looking double header with ballyboden ballymun, st bridgets and kilmacud   all playing and only a handful of people there . much less than a similar attraction in Mayo or most other counties I'd bet
there was a high level of football though the results were uneven and big names on all teams.
surely more could be done to promote this
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2018, 01:17:08 PM »
I'd say Dublin would be a good way down the list nationwide in terms of attendances at club games alright.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »
Vast majority of Jackeens not interested in Gaelic games other than the County Senior Bandwagon.
Their U21 or Minor teams seldom get more than 500 supporting them.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Beffs

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
I was watching the Dublin club championship on TG4 last night . a very attractive looking double header with ballyboden ballymun, st bridgets and kilmacud   all playing and only a handful of people there . much less than a similar attraction in Mayo or most other counties I'd bet
there was a high level of football though the results were uneven and big names on all teams.

Dragging Crokes & Boden over to Parnell Park for the game, would have a knock on effect on attendance. As would the games not being knock out anymore.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2018, 05:46:16 PM »
Vast majority of Jackeens not interested in Gaelic games other than the County Senior Bandwagon.
Their U21 or Minor teams seldom get more than 500 supporting them.
Nor the senior hurlers either, was at a Leinster QF v Wexford in Croke Park 2/3 years back and there was only around 12k there, and that was with both Wexford teams and Kildare playing also.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2018, 05:40:25 PM »

Dragging Crokes & Boden over to Parnell Park for the game, would have a knock on effect on attendance. As would the games not being knock out anymore.
killmacud  to donnycarney  is is 13,4 K most country clubs would have people travelling further to training . we used to go 20k without the power of Dublin bus as well

Jinxy

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2018, 01:15:35 PM »
The last time any Dublin fan travelled further than that for a game was Thurles in 2001.
Half of them couldn't find their way back and ended up settling in Portlaoise.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aaron Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2018, 01:47:01 PM »

killmacud  to donnycarney  is is 13,4 K most country clubs would have people travelling further to training . we used to go 20k without the power of Dublin bus as well

Probably 500 sets of traffic lights in that city trip.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2018, 02:12:59 PM »
The last time any Dublin fan travelled further than that for a game was Thurles in 2001.
Half of them couldn't find their way back and ended up settling in Portlaoise.
For public order offences I presume.

Owenmoresider

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »

It's a short journey in distance but factor in the lights, traffic, reduced speed etc. and it is a long enough spin at any time. Unfortunately no decent venue on the southside bar O'Toole Park so their options are limited.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2018, 04:14:02 PM »

It's a short journey in distance but factor in the lights, traffic, reduced speed etc. and it is a long enough spin at any time. Unfortunately no decent venue on the southside bar O'Toole Park so their options are limited.

is that why Dublin refuse to play their home games there out in the sticks. it would suit country clubs like St Vincents though

slippery dodger

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
Attendance 3135 in Ennis for Limerick v Clare Munster U21 hurling championship

slippery dodger

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2018, 03:28:12 AM »
Leinster Hurling Championship
Offaly v Galway 8,330
Dublin V Kilkenny Unknown

Connacht Football Championship
Mayo v Galway 29,449

Ulster Football Championship
Donegal v Cavan 9,612

Does anybody have any attendance figures from the 3 Leinster Football Games this weekend?