Author Topic: All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018  (Read 11027 times)

Throw ball

• View Profile
Re: All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2018, 11:24:18 PM »
Looking forward to the attack of the farm animals next weekend.

Looking forward to your little snowflake tears.
any chance a Tyrone team could go and actually try to play good football?

I think it’s a disservice to tar all Tyrone teams with the same brush. We, Pomeroy Plunketts were beaten by a last minute point from St. Colmilles of Meath in the intermediate club all ireland semi final last year. The final score was 3-11 to 2-13 and anybody that attended the game will tell you both teams played all out attacking football. In fact we ended up being pipped in the Tyrone senior semi final this year playing the same brand of attacking football. So to say we all play the defensive football we seen today is simply not true.

Yep. Saw them play Clonoe in Armagh. Played lovely football. Frank Burns (?) In particular picked out some lovely kick passes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:40:00 AM by Throw ball »

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2018, 11:57:56 PM »
Is this for real?

Mike Tyson

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »
Marc o’Sé and Sean Kavanagh clash in All Ireland intermediate semifinal

https://youtu.be/jT1WneD6AXw

Thought Cavanagh rose above it fairly well, he's well used to the special attention he's got from Kerry through the years.

Does rising about it mean starting it all by trying to get a player sent off?

That's a very odd outlook to take. Cavanagh was trying to talk to the linesman yet Marc O'Se kept trying to physically provoke Cavanagh into reacting to him.

Proof positive of the prepared narrative when there are certain individuals involved.

Blatantly obvious O’Se tried to provoke and get Cavanagh sent off. Is talking to the linesman in an attempt to get a man the line any worse than physically provoking someone so they’ll react and get the line?

Also hilarious to see O’Se completely shit a brick when Cavanagh finally does react.

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2018, 09:40:15 AM »
Looking forward to the attack of the farm animals next weekend.

Looking forward to your little snowflake tears.
any chance a Tyrone team could go and actually try to play good football?

Winning is more important than entertainment.
teams with integrity win it the right way

Team with integrity don't have to be entertainers.

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2018, 11:41:19 AM »
clubs from the four provinces involved on the day

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »
Update 28 January. 

All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018

Senior Football

21 January: Corofin (Galway) 3-8  Fulham Irish (London) 1-4 in Ruislip, London
17 February: Corofin v Moorefield (Kildare) 2pm in Tullamore
24 February: Nemo Rangers (Cork) v Slaughneil (Derry) 4:30pm in Portlaoise
17 March: Final - in Croke Park

Intermediate Football

27 January: Michael Glavey’s (Roscommon) 0-13 Kilanerin (Wexford) 0-11 2pm in Mullingar
27 January: Moy (Tyrone) 1-5 An Ghaeltacht (Kerry) 0-6  2pm in Thurles
3 February: Final Michael Glavey’s (Roscommon) v Moy (Tyrone) 3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Football

20 January: Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 1-14 Lahardane Gaels (Mayo) 2-9 v 2pm Dr. Hyde Park, Roscommon
20 January: Knocknagree (Cork) 2-7 v Naomh Colmcille (Donegal) 0-6 2pm Mullingar
3 February: Final - Multyfarnham (Westmeath) v Knocknagree (Cork) 2pm in Croke Park

Senior Hurling

10 February: Na Piarsaigh (Limerick) v Slaughtneil (Derry) 2pm Parnell Park
10 February: Liam Mellows (Galway) v Cuala (Dublin) 4pm Thurles

Intermediate Hurling

20 January: St. Patrick’s, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 3-14 Toureen (Mayo) 1-9 in Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
27 January: Kanturk (Cork) 3-13 Middletown Na Fianna (Armagh) 0-12 2pm in Newbridge
4 February: Final - St. Patrick’s, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) v Kanturk (Cork) 3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Hurling

20 January: St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 Sylane (Galway) 0-9 in Parnell Park
27 January: Ardmore (Waterford) 4-12 Setanta (Donegal) 0-13 2pm in Navan
4 February: Final - St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) v Ardmore (Waterford) 2pm in Croke Park

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 11:19:57 AM »

Thought Cavanagh rose above it fairly well, he's well used to the special attention he's got from Kerry through the years.

Glad to see Moy progress to the final on behalf of the county.

However being a Tyrone man I have to say the way Cavanagh went crying to the linesman was a bit much for my liking. That has been the reason Moy have not been the most liked club within Tyrone at times.

Granted their Tyrone players did come in for abuse in the club game (like others) but the constant crying to refs from the Cavanaghs has ryled many a team in Tyrone.

I don't think O'Se was trying to get him sent off and if I seen what Cavanagh was at I would expect one of my own to react the same way. Let the officials do their job.

And to add the insult Cavanaghs patronising interview afterwards is pure puke - I'd say the O'Ses would give you a fairer view off the incident and prob say he can piss off instead of all the cliches!

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »

Glad to see Moy progress to the final on behalf of the county.

However being a Tyrone man I have to say the way Cavanagh went crying to the linesman was a bit much for my liking. That has been the reason Moy have not been the most liked club within Tyrone at times.

Granted their Tyrone players did come in for abuse in the club game (like others) but the constant crying to refs from the Cavanaghs has ryled many a team in Tyrone.

I don't think O'Se was trying to get him sent off and if I seen what Cavanagh was at I would expect one of my own to react the same way. Let the officials do their job.

And to add the insult Cavanaghs patronising interview afterwards is pure puke - I'd say the O'Ses would give you a fairer view off the incident and prob say he can piss off instead of all the cliches!

Are players not allowed to point out an indiscretion to the match officials?

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 01:05:08 PM »
I didn't say they aren't just think its in poor taste.

I never really associated cry babys with GAA - that was always more a soccer thing where I came from!

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
Update 28 January. 

Senior Football

24 February: Nemo Rangers (Cork) v Slaughneil (Derry) 4:30pm in Portlaoise

Intermediate Football

27 January: Michael Glavey’s (Roscommon) 0-13 Kilanerin (Wexford) 0-11 2pm in Mullingar
3 February: Final Michael Glavey’s (Roscommon) v Moy (Tyrone) 3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Football

20 January: Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 1-14 Lahardane Gaels (Mayo) 2-9 v 2pm Dr. Hyde Park, Roscommon
20 January: Knocknagree (Cork) 2-7 v Naomh Colmcille (Donegal) 0-6 2pm Mullingar
3 February: Final - Multyfarnham (Westmeath) v Knocknagree (Cork) 2pm in Croke Park

Senior Hurling

Intermediate Hurling

20 January: St. Patrick’s, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 3-14 Toureen (Mayo) 1-9 in Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
27 January: Kanturk (Cork) 3-13 Middletown Na Fianna (Armagh) 0-12 2pm in Newbridge
4 February: Final - St. Patrick’s, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) v Kanturk (Cork) 3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Hurling

20 January: St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 Sylane (Galway) 0-9 in Parnell Park
4 February: Final - St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) v Ardmore (Waterford) 2pm in Croke Park

Thats a great array of clubs from around the country and London. Interesting competitions to keep small clubs and communities out supporting their teams
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 01:20:23 PM »
I didn't say they aren't just think its in poor taste.

I never really associated cry babys with GAA - that was always more a soccer thing where I came from!

Is it in poor taste to try and stop having one of your players sent off for a sending off offence?

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »
Jaysus - not really following you now.

I Just didn't like how it looked and i'm not looking at it with any type of Tyrone glasses on. Sometimes calling out some of you own can be difficult.

I just think that I would prefer the reputation associated with Marc O'Se than with Sean Cavanagh. Both top quality footballers - some of the best we've ever seen. One cries to refs and does loads of cliched interviews and the other doesn't.

My two cents!

Il Bomber Destro

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »
Jaysus - not really following you now.

I Just didn't like how it looked and i'm not looking at it with any type of Tyrone glasses on. Sometimes calling out some of you own can be difficult.

I just think that I would prefer the reputation associated with Marc O'Se than with Sean Cavanagh. Both top quality footballers - some of the best we've ever seen. One cries to refs and does loads of cliched interviews and the other doesn't.

My two cents!

You know why those reputations exist? One team are media darlings, the other are media pariahs. The actions really don't seem to matter as the narrative is predetermined.

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2018, 06:57:21 PM »
Update 4 Feb...

Senior Football

24 February: Nemo Rangers (Cork) v Slaughtneil (Derry) 4:30pm in Portlaoise

Intermediate Football

3 February: Final - Moy (Tyrone) 1-10 Michael Glavey’s (Roscommon) 0-7  3:45pm in Croke Park

Junior Football

3 February: Final - Knocknagree (Cork) 3-13 Multyfarnham (Westmeath) 3-9 2pm in Croke Park

Senior Hurling

Intermediate Hurling

4 February: Final - Kanturk (Cork) 1-18 St. Patrick’s, Ballyragget (Kilkenny) 1-17 in Croke Park

Junior Hurling

4 February: Final - Ardmore (Waterford) 3-11 St. Mogues, Fethard (Wexford) 0-18 in Croke Park

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2018, 09:56:40 AM »
Congratulations to Moy (Takes alot to get out of Tyrone never mind go the whole way)

Pity about Sean Cavanagh yet again but thats just the way he is I guess!