Author Topic: All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018  (Read 11589 times)

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
Re: All-Ireland Club Championships January-March 2018
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »
Congratulations to Moy (Takes alot to get out of Tyrone never mind go the whole way)

Pity about Sean Cavanagh yet again but thats just the way he is I guess!

Congratulations to the Moy.

That was all had to be said. The Roscommon player kicked, he had to go, he will maybe learn not to do that again. Tough lesson but donít see the rush to criticise. The game should have been out of sight at half time.
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2018, 01:42:44 PM »
Congratulations to Moy (Takes alot to get out of Tyrone never mind go the whole way)

That was all had to be said. The Roscommon player kicked, he had to go, he will maybe learn not to do that again. Tough lesson but donít see the rush to criticise. The game should have been out of sight at half time.

I'm entitled to voice my opinion - two matches in a row he has been directly involved in influencing decisions to get a player sent off. Thats the facts.

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2018, 01:49:22 PM »
Didn't see the matches;  did the 2 players deserve to be sent off?

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2018, 01:55:19 PM »

Yes both struck out, the one in the final was more obvious because it was during play, the semifinal was off the ball.
Living the dream!!!

Dire Ear

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2018, 02:02:19 PM »

Yes both struck out, the one in the final was more obvious because it was during play, the semifinal was off the ball.
Cheers

Kickham csc

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2018, 04:38:33 PM »

I'm entitled to voice my opinion - two matches in a row he has been directly involved in influencing decisions to get a player sent off. Thats the facts.

OK, in two matches opponents struck out. Why wouldn't he point it out to the refs? I just don't get your point. If a player patted him on the head and he went down to fake a hit, that's beyond the pale, but pointing out went someone has struck out is ok.

Are you saying that digging off the ball is ok and has to be tolerated if the ref didn't see it?

WT4E

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2018, 09:49:01 PM »
Not saying it should be tolerated - the ref has plenty of eyes and ears at these high profile matches and should be able to catch most things. Some may be missed and thats unfortunate but I do think that Sean Cavanagh has always been a whinge to officials and it doesn't look good - there are plenty of top class footballers like him that don't get involved like this.

All my point was is I know he's doing nothing wrong but I prefer someone like Marc O'Se who goes about his business the way he does as opposed to Cavanagh!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2018, 09:52:43 PM »
As bad as he is he's not even close to cillian o'connor in this regard though!

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2018, 09:59:07 PM »
Sean Cavanagh is taking up refereeing full-time now, nobody more experienced....and created the black card sure

Hes some  whinge moany f**ker....... i played against both  John Lynch and Plunkett Donaghy , Christ they didnt go moaning to refs......

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
How did he create the black card?

Orchard park

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2018, 10:09:52 PM »
Before he turned gamekeeper!!!!

None so pure as a reformed whore

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2018, 11:51:17 PM »
How did he create the black card?
He didn't. 
It was passed 4 months before the infamous rubby tackle but the Urban myth persists that that tackle caused the GAA to introduce the black card.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2018, 10:01:37 AM »
Sean Cavanagh is taking up refereeing full-time now, nobody more experienced....and created the black card sure

Hes some  whinge moany f**ker....... i played against both  John Lynch and Plunkett Donaghy , Christ they didnt go moaning to refs......

Them 2 boys would of clipped you back if you punched or kicked them, something you cant do in todays game. were not living in the 80s any more.  If Sean ever reacts to that he will end up watching from the line as well.  If there has been an infringement of course your going to try and gain a competitive advantage.  Its the indiscipline of the opponent that causes the reaction and that's where the problem lies.
Living the dream!!!

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
Sean Cavanagh is getting a lot of unwarranted criticism on here. If someone strikes one of your players in an All Ireland Club Semi Final or Final and you don't try to bring it to the referee's attention, you are an idiot.

Tyrone Gaa

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »
Sean Cavanagh is getting a lot of unwarranted criticism on here. If someone strikes one of your players in an All Ireland Club Semi Final or Final and you don't try to bring it to the referee's attention, you are an idiot.

100% Correct
Living the dream!!!