How Much Is A Pint Round Your Way?

Started by Clinker, December 23, 2017, 10:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

It's good to be a beer snob but in truth, as standard draught lager goes in Ireland, Heineken is the best by a distance.

£3.00 is the standard price in locals pubs in Newry but some have moved up to £3.20 in past few months. Entertainment bars on the town are around £3.60.

Banbridge tends to be around 10/20p cheaper for a pint than Newry. How bars are staying open and paying wages with the margin at £2.80 a pint I've no idea.

Syferus

Can't stand Heineken. Hop House is way better as a larger.

Hardy

Quote from: shantygael on December 24, 2017, 10:01:20 AM
I wouldn't pay £1 for pint of Carling,3.8% Brock,spend more time running to the men's.
Nothing like a good Heineken.

You started off so well.

imtommygunn

Clonmel beats heineken hands down. (I really like heineken too)

Belfast lager is actually one of the better lagers about in my view.

gallsman

I'm not a beer snob by any stretch (only a whiskey one) as I pretty much drink pints of nothing other than Guinness these days but Heineken is one I absolutely try to avoid. Think there are plenty of better lagers

MK

Heverlee-pure belgian quality

£3.80 in Newry
£4.30 in Belfast

screenexile

Quote from: MK on December 24, 2017, 03:03:31 PM
Heverlee-pure belgian quality

£3.80 in Newry
£4.30 in Belfast

f**king rocket fuel!!!

Smithwicks seems to be having a renaissance at the minute as well!

Captain Scarlet

All prices are for Guinness/ Smithwicks.
Post work drinks in Dublin are now €5.10 a pint. Then on the walk home Northside I get one for €4.50.
A great spot at the top of Camden St area is O'Connells who have pints for €4.50 last time I was there. Everywhere else around them is 50-60c more.

In the locals at home in Kildare you are looking at €4.30-€4.50.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

ziggy90

Quote from: shantygael on December 24, 2017, 10:01:20 AM
I wouldn't pay £1 for pint of Carling,3.8% Brock,spend more time running to the men's.
Nothing like a good Heineken.

Yow ai gorra clue bab. The choice of I'd say 80% of lager drinkers around Brum.
Carlsberg over Heineken (in Ireland).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

shantygael

Never get a hangover with  Heineken, not in the Budweiser or miller category of sore heads😗
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Square Ball

£4 the norm on the Down side of the Ormeau road, although  £4.40 i believe in one of the locals.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Syferus

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 25, 2017, 01:11:15 AM
Lager drinkers can't tell the difference between big brands in blind taste tests:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723583/Lager-It-tastes-Drinkers-struggle-distinguish-big-brands-blind-taste-tests.html

Budweiser tastes very bland and that's what makes it very identifiable. Heineken I could tell just by how violently rotten I find it. The rest I probably wouldn't have a clue blind.

Cider tastes better than larger. Stout tastes better than larger. It's at the bottom of the foot chain.

illdecide

All pints are £3 in club with exception of Heverlee which is £3.20. Guinness in our club is pure quality BTW.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Ball Hopper

Pint of Guinness is $8.25 in Johnny Foley's, San Francisco.

And it's not great.