Author Topic: Joint Papal / Queen visit in Northern Ireland in 2018  (Read 4258 times)

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
Joint Papal / Queen visit in Northern Ireland in 2018
« on: December 19, 2017, 06:03:19 AM »
http://www.goqradio.com/news/q-radio-local-news/exclusive-plans-revealed-for-joint-northern-ireland-visit-by-the-pope-and-the-queen/

Q Radio understands that the Pope and the Queen will visit Northern Ireland jointly next summer.

Pope Francis, who's 80, is already scheduled to visit the Republic in 2018 for the World Meeting of Families.

Today we can reveal that not only will the Head of the Catholic church travel north of the border but he will be joined by the supreme governor of the Church of England who turns 92 in April.

It will be a deeply symbolic and powerful moment - The Pope and the Queen appearing side by side before a divided society.

Last year the then Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness revealed that the 80 year old Pontiff WOULD cross the border.

At the time - the then First Minister, Arlene Foster, said she would meet him.

Q Radio sources have revealed that plans for the joint visit are being worked on.

The location is being kept under wraps - it may be Armagh or Belfast-  but it certainly will be in Northern Ireland.

Meanwhile,

The Archbishop of Armagh, the Most Reverend Richard Clarke, says a joint visit by the Pope and the Queen to Northern Ireland would be "remarkable and wonderful".

The head of the Anglican communion in Ireland was responding to a Q Radio news report that plans are being drawn up for such a visit next August.

T Fearon

• View Profile
Re: Joint Papal / Queen visit in Northern Ireland in 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 07:32:17 AM »
QRadio would have access to sensational news like this!😂😂 Not being reported anywhere else.

Was within touching distance of the Pope at Mass in St Peter's Basilica last Tuesday evening.Don't know if I could be bothered with all the hassle of going to see him when he visits Ireland.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 07:33:42 AM »
QRadio would have access to sensational news like this!😂😂 Not being reported anywhere else.

Was within touching distance of the Pope at Mass in St Peter's Basilica last Tuesday evening.Don't know if I could be bothered with all the hassle of going to see him when he visits Ireland.

Iím sure heíll be gutted youíll not bother him when heís here
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »

I see someone is struggling with the definition of the word "exclusive"

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 07:55:10 AM »
When Francis hears of Tony's views on homeless people I suspect he wouldn't want him near the place anyway.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 08:25:03 AM »
I have seen the Pope that often in Rome,that I doubt I could be bothered with all the hassle (traffic,crowds,security etc) when he comes here.His visit here is akin to a football pre season friendly,no comparison when you've seen him in serious mode on his home turf.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 08:35:30 AM »
Sure there's never been any "touching" in a Catholic church.
If there ever was, a confidentiality clause or 2 soon drew a line under it. All sorted.

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
Yawn.Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 09:12:04 AM »
One of them is the antichrist. But which one ?
Those biscuits are for the visitors

The Gs Man

• View Profile
    • Captain Kennedy
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 09:26:11 AM »
Great, Tony has turned this into another thread about himself!

This place is going to the dogs
Phosporescent!

The Subbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »
I have seen the Pope that often in Rome,that I doubt I could be bothered with all the hassle (traffic,crowds,security etc) when he comes here.His visit here is akin to a football pre season friendly,no comparison when you've seen him in serious mode on his home turf.

So in effect you admit that those who go to see el papa in the north on his visit are getting a lesser papal experience than you have experienced in Rome ?
Similar to someone going to see Queen without Freddie Mercury, yes ?
Do you leave trip advisor reviews of each time you see him in Rome ?

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »
No.Seeing and listening to the Pope is a special experience.But the hassle and security here will be enormous.Having said that I queued for an hour to get into St Peter's a week ago!

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 12:30:17 PM »
Pope doesn't give 100% on his travels, obviously.  Plays 4-5-1 in the hope of coming away with a point. The masses are in for a bit of the ould papal bull if he's not going to put much effort in.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 12:33:22 PM »

So you've been to Buenos Aires to see him in his home turf?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 12:37:35 PM »
Pope visit will cause more trouble than it's worth. The AI final rescheduled, the cost, security fears, probable protests, unionists pissed off... Actually, feck it, that's reason enough for him to visit.