Author Topic: Car Problems!!  (Read 74770 times)

Aristo 60

• There's no goal like a Down goal!
    • View Profile
Re: Car Problems!!
« Reply #705 on: May 03, 2019, 08:43:37 AM »
Sounds like you just need your gluteus maximus resized 😆

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 03, 2019, 09:49:00 AM »
Sounds like you just need your gluteus maximus resized 😆

:o :o :-X

BenDover

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 04, 2019, 08:33:18 PM »
I'm after some advice for 2 different problems  :'( :'(
Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 2008 - there last week when I went to start the car it made a kind of whirring noise - like something was spinning under the bonnet but wouldn't start first time. Turned of and tried a second time and car started no problem. This happened a few days in a row but then this week it's been starting no bother - any ideas? I've it booked into the garage for monday thinking it maybe the starter motor playing up. Recently fitted a new battery.

Ford S-Max 2.0 Automatic 2015 - within the last 2 weeks this car has been firing up a Transmission Function Limited or Transmission Malfunction message. With the limited message car goes into limp mode but won't go into reverse. On the Malfunction message no power goes to the wheels at all. Turning the car off and on clears the message for a short while. This car was ex mobility has 45k miles on it atm. We had it at a Ford dealer last week who told us the gearbox is meant to be serviced @ 37.5k miles or every 3 years whichever comes first. I got them to service the gearbox in the hope that would help, did Donegal over Easter weekend no bother but the Transmission messages came back on the other day. Has anyone ever had bother like this before? New gearbox is 2.5-3k when the cars driving everything seems fine there's no chugging between gear changes so I'm hopeful it's more electrical than mechanical.

I connected an OBDII to the car and this fault code appeared:
U0415 - invalid data received from the ABS control module.

I'm a little more hopeful that the issue isn't with the gearbox but with the ABS sensor/unit am I being too optimistic? Booked in with Ford on the 14th

Frank_The_Tank

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 08, 2019, 01:40:05 PM »
Been doing some googling around OBDII connector for my Vauxhall with the issue I previously described and was going to buy one when I came across the below video - hopefully a cheaper hack to find the ECM Codes on the Vauxhall.  The guy has listed a range of the codes in the video description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUMXeqO9Hg
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 08, 2019, 01:45:46 PM »
Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 2008 - there last week when I went to start the car it made a kind of whirring noise - like something was spinning under the bonnet but wouldn't start first time. Turned of and tried a second time and car started no problem. This happened a few days in a row but then this week it's been starting no bother - any ideas? I've it booked into the garage for monday thinking it maybe the starter motor playing up. Recently fitted a new battery.

Ford S-Max 2.0 Automatic 2015 - within the last 2 weeks this car has been firing up a Transmission Function Limited or Transmission Malfunction message. With the limited message car goes into limp mode but won't go into reverse. On the Malfunction message no power goes to the wheels at all. Turning the car off and on clears the message for a short while. This car was ex mobility has 45k miles on it atm. We had it at a Ford dealer last week who told us the gearbox is meant to be serviced @ 37.5k miles or every 3 years whichever comes first. I got them to service the gearbox in the hope that would help, did Donegal over Easter weekend no bother but the Transmission messages came back on the other day. Has anyone ever had bother like this before? New gearbox is 2.5-3k when the cars driving everything seems fine there's no chugging between gear changes so I'm hopeful it's more electrical than mechanical.

I'm a little more hopeful that the issue isn't with the gearbox but with the ABS sensor/unit am I being too optimistic? Booked in with Ford on the 14th
Lindsay's in Craigavon? Personally I'd find a reputable local garage with all the diagnostic gear, as Lindsay's will put the arm in past the elbow and potentially still not fix it. I got landed with a bill from them in the past for 1200 for something that still wasn't fixed.

BenDover

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 09, 2019, 07:55:19 AM »

Lindsay's in Craigavon? Personally I'd find a reputable local garage with all the diagnostic gear, as Lindsay's will put the arm in past the elbow and potentially still not fix it. I got landed with a bill from them in the past for 1200 for something that still wasn't fixed.

Not the recommendation I was hoping for. For them to begin the diagnostics and plug the computer on it's 90. So I can easily see how you ended up with a bill of 1200, but for the problem not to be resolved that's woeful. Hopefully I've a better experience. I'll let you know. We do tend to use PittStop in Armagh but when the initial Transmission malfunction message appeared they recommended bringing it to a Ford garage after hooking it up to their computer.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 09, 2019, 07:58:12 AM »
I was actually going to recommend Pittstop but if they're advising a trip to Ford you may take their advice to at least locate the issue and you could maybe go elsewhere for the work.