Northwest 200

Started by sam03/05, May 11, 2007, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Two now killed in 2 days at the IoM TT. Haywire stuff

Keyser soze

Quote from: give her dixie on May 20, 2014, 10:43:37 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 20, 2014, 10:26:56 PM
There are lads killed most years, if not every year, at the TT and the North West. If the same thing happened in Croke Park every September what would the reaction be?

How many horses die every year in events, and how many riders are injured or killed?

As pointed out above, motorsport is a very dangerous sport. Those who participate know the risks, and accept that anything can happen around the next corner.

Driving a lorry or being a farmer exposes people to high risks of death and injury. Yet people still chose that as their profession despite the risks.
There are risks in everything we do in our lives. Putting on a helmet to race just increases these risks, and people are prepared to take their chances.

Only catching up with this thread now but I must say I nearly wet myself laughing when I read this. Lorry driving hahahahahahaha

theticklemister

another person died in the Isle of man TT yesterday

Muzz

Thats included in The Mighty Quinns 2 ticklemaster - Bob Price and Karl Harris.

This debate will never go away and it comes down to motorcycles racers versus the general public.  The general public see it as total madness and should be banned, motorcyclists and their fans see it as a way of life.  I dont think the general public will ever understand this and it cannot be argued that these people are nieve to the dangers.