Author Topic: The Official World Cup 2018 Thread  (Read 48114 times)

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
Re: The Official World Cup 2018 Thread
« Reply #540 on: June 22, 2018, 03:13:40 PM »
Jesus hes a wee cnut hi. Hard boy to like. Does fcuk all other than dive and girn then when they go one up starts the showboatin

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 22, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
Neymar is a little treat twat. That's not news to anyone.

He's also clearly one of the best footballers on the planet. Pretending otherwise is absolutely daft.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »
The difference between the relish Ronaldo takes from being the guy for his national team and the sheer weight that looks to be on Messiís shoulders when playing for Argentina is what separates the two greats of the modern game. And I think the question of which one is the greatest is starting to answer itself.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2018, 03:39:28 PM »
Still not convinced by Brazil. The tournament is still wide open. Engerlund could bring it home.
Have that feeling myself so much so that I stuck a few quid on them. Although the small stake would never be enough to ease the pain of having to listen to them!

I can easily see them making the semis.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
Still not convinced by Brazil. The tournament is still wide open. Engerlund could bring it home.
Have that feeling myself so much so that I stuck a few quid on them. Although the small stake would never be enough to ease the pain of having to listen to them!

Youíve been watching a different tournament to me if you think England have much of a chance. Itís not rare for the good teams to start slowly in these competitions. The same five or six will still be in the QFs when all is said and done.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »

Youíve been watching a different tournament to me if you think England have much of a chance. Itís not rare for the good teams to start slowly in these competitions. The same five or six will still be in the QFs when all is said and done.
Fingers crossed.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2018, 05:01:11 PM »
If rumours are to be believed an Sterling is dropped I think it's good news for England, shows that Southgate could see he was rubbish v Tunisia and also has the balls to drop him. I think things might be different for England this tournament, in previous years egos were all trying to be managed, they had a wealth of talent but managers invariably went for big name players played slightly out of position rather than play a lesser light in his strongest position.

Early days obviously but they've a decent chance of success, semis at least likely imo. Their Achilles heel is the defence, Walker, Stones & Maguire are all potential bombscares. Think they'll be a much better team without Sterling (or if he's played it should be as a winger).

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2018, 06:02:09 PM »
Nigeria bate the fishfingers.
good news for Argentina
https://www.rte.ie/sport/results/soccer/world-cup/9731/tables/
Those biscuits are for the visitors

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 22, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
Can't believe all this talk of football greats and none of you have mentioned Terry Phelan😎

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2018, 06:48:33 PM »
If rumours are to be believed an Sterling is dropped I think it's good news for England, shows that Southgate could see he was rubbish v Tunisia and also has the balls to drop him. I think things might be different for England this tournament, in previous years egos were all trying to be managed, they had a wealth of talent but managers invariably went for big name players played slightly out of position rather than play a lesser light in his strongest position.

Early days obviously but they've a decent chance of success, semis at least likely imo. Their Achilles heel is the defence, Walker, Stones & Maguire are all potential bombscares. Think they'll be a much better team without Sterling (or if he's played it should be as a winger).

Sterling is a good athlete but isnít a footballer. England are an average side who are well managed at the moment. They can bully weak teams with their athleticism, pace and baility to press but when they come up against any decent technical team theyíll be found out.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 22, 2018, 06:53:36 PM »

Sterling is a good athlete but isnít a footballer. England are an average side who are well managed at the moment. They can bully weak teams with their athleticism, pace and baility to press but when they come up against any decent technical team theyíll be found out.

Sterling is pretty clearly a better footballer than the likes of Rashford or Vardy. Itís hard to stand out in such an average outfit as Englandís current team.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 22, 2018, 08:53:39 PM »
That was the best game of this World cup so far. Fitting that Shaqiri scored the winning goal as he was the best player on the pitch 2nd half.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 22, 2018, 08:58:09 PM »
Set up nicely for Serbia to put overrated Brazil and Naymar on the plane home

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 22, 2018, 09:12:05 PM »
That was the best game of this World cup so far. Fitting that Shaqiri scored the winning goal as he was the best player on the pitch 2nd half.
It was  a Balkan derby. Over half the Swiss ream are Kosovars,  Macedonians etc
Those biscuits are for the visitors

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 22, 2018, 09:18:56 PM »
Two ethnic Albanians with the goals and Xhaka with a double eagle celebration. His father was imprisoned for three years fire protesting against Milosevic.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"