Author Topic: The Official World Cup 2018 Thread  (Read 47742 times)

Boycey

• View Profile
Re: The Official World Cup 2018 Thread
« Reply #1680 on: July 12, 2018, 07:41:26 AM »
Six shots on target from open play over the whole tournament goes a long way to explain England's downfall.. Overall a good tournament for them I suppose, but it won't feel like that at present.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 12, 2018, 07:59:43 AM »
Perisic had some game btw absolute quality!!

motm for me, class player.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: July 12, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
Keane getting it strong on social media! English not taking it well, open top bus has been cancelled
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Maroon Manc

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 12, 2018, 08:45:19 AM »
Imagine if Keane has taken the piss out of Wright's accent.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 12, 2018, 09:12:51 AM »
Imagine if Keane has taken the piss out of Wright's accent.

Wright makes enough of a twat of himself without Keane jumping on the bandwagon
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 12, 2018, 09:23:37 AM »
Kane has had a pretty poor world cup to be honest and yet will end up with the golden boot

Totally agree. 3 pens, 1 deflection and 2 x close range headers

Ards is a hellhole....was there for work yesterday...the most downtrodden, sad, paramilitary burdened people on the planet. Horrible. Gangsters (bullies)paid bythe government not to burn tyres or cause trouble. Awful

Looking at bonfires here is bile inducing
Did you see the size of the tricolour on the bonfire across from the police station? Impressive it was.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 12, 2018, 10:26:18 AM »
Def think Crotia can win on Sunday. Hope so.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 12, 2018, 10:29:15 AM »
That will do as i had that game down as 2-1 Croatia win. England's biggest problem was a lack of quality manager. None of the top 6 teams in the Premier league would have Gareth Southgate as manager.

They might after this summer.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 12, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »
That will do as i had that game down as 2-1 Croatia win. England's biggest problem was a lack of quality manager. None of the top 6 teams in the Premier league would have Gareth Southgate as manager.

None of them would have any manager from any of the last 4. Or even last 8 I would say. Using club football as any kind of a measure is pointless. Like someone else here saying that England wouldn't win the Premier League. Of course they wouldn't, but why does it matter? Look back through previous World Cups and they are littered with successful teams who were mediocre when measured against the club game. International football should be measured against its self, nothing else. Southgate got this England team to a semi final, which was better than par given the squad they have. For sure, they were fortunate with how the draw panned out, but they still did well. Of course, when the dust settles they will realise that they may be waiting a long time to get a better chance.

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 12, 2018, 10:58:01 AM »
Do England move up in the World Rankings even though they have not beaten a single team above them?

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 12, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »
Do England move up in the World Rankings even though they have not beaten a single team above them?

Belgium (by beating Brazil) are the only team currently above them who you can't say that about. England will certainly move up. Not that it matters a whole lot in the short term. Seedings for Euro draw is determined by Nations Cup performance.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 12, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »

None of them would have any manager from any of the last 4. Or even last 8 I would say. Using club football as any kind of a measure is pointless. Like someone else here saying that England wouldn't win the Premier League. Of course they wouldn't, but why does it matter? Look back through previous World Cups and they are littered with successful teams who were mediocre when measured against the club game. International football should be measured against its self, nothing else. Southgate got this England team to a semi final, which was better than par given the squad they have. For sure, they were fortunate with how the draw panned out, but they still did well. Of course, when the dust settles they will realise that they may be waiting a long time to get a better chance.

Big Sam could have led England to the semi finals this summer. More or less the same tactics of not looking for any control of the ball in the middle of the park, hoof it forward and rely on set pieces to score. They will never get a better chance to reach a final but France would have beaten them anyway.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: July 12, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »
Semi final was great for them but break it down they beat panama tunisia and sweden, they drew with colombia and lost to Croatia and Belgium. Not being funny but the current Ireland team which is crap could have done that. Italia 90 was the same they were shit played one good game against the Germans lost on penalties and yet everyone remembers it as some great achievment. England are kidding themselves if they think this run is a sign of great things to come.

longballin

• View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 12, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »
Keane was right was a great opportunity to get to a World Cup final, they tots bottled it. Is a very long way back to there.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 12, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »
I think England were more solid psychologically this time. They can build on it.
France are very impressive. It would be amazing if Croatia won. Such a small country.
Those biscuits are for the visitors