Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I think it's Mól an oige agus tiocfaidh sí

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 26, 2017, 11:43:30 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 26, 2017, 11:41:17 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 26, 2017, 11:23:11 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 26, 2017, 11:20:57 AM
Thank god they didn't have smart phones when I was a young bucko. Luckily for those young lads they weren't rugby players from Foxrock or soccer players from Tallaght, the narrative would be completely different.

Really? I think they're getting quite a going over from what I've seen.

Yep really, I just think there is a  cross section of the media that love sticking the boot into soccer, perceived working class and rugby perceived upper class every opportunity they get. These guys and you can see it here on occasion here as well believe that somehow the GAA has different values and ethos. To me this just shows regardless of the sport that boys will be boys.

I'd say there's a cross section that love sticking the boot into GAA as well. How often have you seen 'GAA Star blah blah blah' headlines, only to find out it was some lad from the Saint Benedicts 'B' team that hasn't played in 10 years. I suppose it reflects our sensitivities. I notice when GAA lads are hard done by.
I notice that on the Indo site too. GAA star is always someone anonymous. Indo clickbait.

inthrough

I've heard of people being "stiff with pride" but I'm not convinced that what the Ballyragget Intermediate hurlers were up to is what they had in mind.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 10:33:17 AM
No sympathy for anyone involved.

What the hell ever happened to the ages old GAA tradition taking the cup round pubs, getting it filled & enjoying the craic with the people from your club & community?

From those photo's it looked like it was getting well filled!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2017, 12:07:40 PM
Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 10:33:17 AM
No sympathy for anyone involved.

What the hell ever happened to the ages old GAA tradition taking the cup round pubs, getting it filled & enjoying the craic with the people from your club & community?

From those photo's it looked like it was getting well filled!!

I think there was something a while back in Down about all underage cups should have a hole drilled in them to stop them being filled with drink. Don't think a hole would stop that lady from filling it all the same. Big Friesian.

brokencrossbar1

The club are annoyed because she had her titties in it....in fairness there wasn't the room for one never mind 2 tits in the cup😂

seafoid

The way different newspapers reported the story was interesting. The Indo had all words and no pictures. The mirror was mostly pictures. I suppose readers need visuals to generate appropriate bodily reactions.

bogball88

A lot of fussy c**ks in here

seafoid

DJ was interviewed in the Indo

"Former five-time Kilkenny All-Ireland winner D.J. Carey said that the photographs and videos were disappointing, but that blame should be placed on the individuals and not the club.

"I am surprised and disappointed, something like this shouldn't happen," said Carey.

"But I can't see it being the club's fault – I can see as an individual's fault who plays with the club.

"I would say the club is quite embarrassed about it. If players are into that sort of thing so be it, but there should be no cup involved and they should not be doing it in the name of the club or the GAA. 

"If that tickles your fancy, that's up to you - I'm not going to be the moral standing ground for anyone.

"I'm sure it's a bit of craic – everyone to their own, enjoy whatever you enjoy.

"I haven't seen [the images] so I can't comment much,  if lads are celebrating it's fine but a cup definitely shouldn't be involved.""

redhandefender

Bit of craic, what odds. Feel sorry for that lad. Pricks shouldn't have been videoing it

inthrough

I see Ballyragget are down to play Ardclough from Kildare in the Leinster Championship on Nov 4.

That should be interesting.

redhandefender

Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 12:39:24 PM
I see Ballyragget are down to play Ardclough from Kildare in the Leinster Championship on Nov 4.

why? if Fifi a Kildare native

whitey

There wont be too many people drinking out of that cup

inthrough

Quote from: redhandefender on October 26, 2017, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: inthrough on October 26, 2017, 12:39:24 PM

why? if Fifi a Kildare native

Fifi may well be a Kildare native but I was thinking more of the entertainmnent that will be on offer from the slagging Ballyragget will get from the crowd which I expect will be boosted by the controversy.

Like it or not these fellas are celebrities now especially the star of the show. Book offers, Late Late Show, its all in front of them.....