10 (8.1%)
Yes - But only if there is a repeated pattern
49 (39.5%)
No - Things are fine
55 (44.4%)
No - There should be less moderation
10 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic: More Active/Stricter Moderation - Yes/No  (Read 9296 times)

stephenite

• Ballina Stephenites
    • View Profile
Re: More Active/Stricter Moderation - Yes/No
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 04:41:36 AM »
Genuinely interested in the response to this. In the past the moderation has been seen as too 'heavy handed', now the board is struggling with threads descending into slagging matches, many provocative posts and a significant number of WUMs, Trolls and shit stirrers. Do people on the board want mods to take a much harsher line on posters? Should there be much more frequent bans handed out for those who appear to be just causing angst for the craic?

The clues are in the questions.

Seriously. If you have noticed that things have gone downhill then why do you need to take a poll? The rules are there in black and white and the penalties are spelled out in plain English. Enforce them.

Leave

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »
Am I the only person who doesn't know who the multiple accounts are? I feel like I'm missing out now

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2017, 09:24:31 AM »
Eamon you frequently call people cretins and other such charming terms. Do you think you should be banned or only those who call you names?

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2017, 09:37:01 AM »
Am I the only person who doesn't know who the multiple accounts are? I feel like I'm missing out now

Me too  ;D

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2017, 10:25:21 AM »
I vote yes because its very obvious there are people here with millions of accounts and its the same person. Whats that all about like?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Olly, you rarely fail to make me smile!
Really? I don't find him funny at all.
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2017, 10:27:27 AM »
Dry wit there
Itís a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2017, 10:27:32 AM »

Me too  ;D

There are quite obviously a number of accounts set up to cause division and controversy (look at the amount of stupid Mayo threads in the run up to the AI Final) that are almost definitely other posters on the board operating a second/third account. However, I too lack the detective skills needed to be able to identify who the original account is.

I think I remember BCB or one of the other Armagh posters highlighting a post from an account with a large number of posts that was at the time commonly accused of being a WUM. He stated that a word used by the WUM had only been used once before on this forum (must have searched for it), and it was said by another account with an even larger number of posts.

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2017, 11:14:56 AM »

Me too  ;D

There are quite obviously a number of accounts set up to cause division and controversy (look at the amount of stupid Mayo threads in the run up to the AI Final) that are almost definitely other posters on the board operating a second/third account. However, I too lack the detective skills needed to be able to identify who the original account is.

I think I remember BCB or one of the other Armagh posters highlighting a post from an account with a large number of posts that was at the time commonly accused of being a WUM. He stated that a word used by the WUM had only been used once before on this forum (must have searched for it), and it was said by another account with an even larger number of posts.

Oh ffs, seriously? Firstly, who can be arsed registering multiple accounts? Secondly, who gives enough of a shit to cross reference words used by multiple accounts to catch them out? Iíve said it before, some people take their lives on here way too seriously.  Is this forum not just for mild amusement to pass a bit of time? Itís not something to get deeply upset about. Those with serious issues with this board should ask Syferus for the link to his forum which by all accounts (his own acount) is a perfectly moderated utopia. Iím sure life over there is everything you wish it to be.
That was never a square ball!!

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2017, 11:50:25 AM »
Some people on here have completely lost the run of themselves when it comes to looking for things to be offended about

Just yesterday a poster was reminiscing about the good old days when the top flight English squads were dominated by English, Irish, Welsh and Scottish players

A poster called him to account and implied that his views were both xenophobic and rascist.

Thats how a lot of these rows start.....people making legitimate points, then others jumping down their neck outraged at some supposed slight......happens me all the time  :)

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »

Me too  ;D

Oh ffs, seriously? Firstly, who can be arsed registering multiple accounts? Secondly, who gives enough of a shit to cross reference words used by multiple accounts to catch them out? Iíve said it before, some people take their lives on here way too seriously.  Is this forum not just for mild amusement to pass a bit of time? Itís not something to get deeply upset about. Those with serious issues with this board should ask Syferus for the link to his forum which by all accounts (his own acount) is a perfectly moderated utopia. Iím sure life over there is everything you wish it to be.

I couldnít really care less and I find a lot of the duplicate accounts amusingly obvious, Iím just adding my two cents that I donít know who it is behind them.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »

Me too  ;D

Sure everything's wonderful in Syferworld. ;D
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2017, 01:47:55 PM »

laoislad

• View Profile
Joe Mcdonagh Champions 2019

T Fearon

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »
Given nearly 93% voted for soft or no increased moderation,surely this poll should be brexited now.The people have spoken overwhelmingly.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 03:33:45 PM by T Fearon »