Author Topic: Connacht Club Championships 2017 - Senior/Intermediate/Junior Football & Hurling  (Read 19589 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
With Richie Feeney gone they needed someone they could rely on to get sent off in an AI final.

Tubberman

• View Profile
Donie Vaughan signing up for Castlebar next season.

Did he have a falling out with someone at the club? The distance excuse obviously doesn't wash. Ballinrobe is about 20 minutes down the road. Not great optics to leave your club as soon as they are relegated. I'm sure they were hoping he'd lead them straight back up.

Did he think playing intermediate football would affect his Mayo chances? Don't see how it would as long as he performed. Plenty of great players on intercounty teams from intermediate clubs.

New shoe shop in Castlebar
Hardly a good enough excuse for such a switch.

Not even accurate - has had a shop in Castlebar for past few years.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
With Richie Feeney gone they needed someone they could rely on to get sent off in an AI final.

Apart from the fact that Richie got a black card! ;)

Syferus

• View Profile

Apart from the fact that Richie got a black card! ;)

He was still sent off..

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
Marty Duffy has opted to hang up his whistle. His highlight was when refereed the 2009 All Ireland final. His last game was the Connacht SFC club final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
He'll be missed.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

SCFC

• View Profile
Marty Duffy has opted to hang up his whistle. His highlight was when refereed the 2009 All Ireland final. His last game was the Connacht SFC club final.
Did he opt or reach the mandatory retirement age of 50?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
50? Christ! Surely if your fit enough and able to pass the tests you should be good enough to carry on?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Syferus

• View Profile
50? Christ! Surely if your fit enough and able to pass the tests you should be good enough to carry on?

If the rule has got rid of Duffy it's absolutely excellent.

mrhardyannual

• View Profile
Donie Vaughan signing up for Castlebar next season.

Did he have a falling out with someone at the club? The distance excuse obviously doesn't wash. Ballinrobe is about 20 minutes down the road. Not great optics to leave your club as soon as they are relegated. I'm sure they were hoping he'd lead them straight back up.

Did he think playing intermediate football would affect his Mayo chances? Don't see how it would as long as he performed. Plenty of great players on intercounty teams from intermediate clubs.

New shoe shop in Castlebar
Hardly a good enough excuse for such a switch.

Not even accurate - has had a shop in Castlebar for past few years.
Care to comment on Stephen Broderick transfer to Ballintubber or Jason Gibbons' eligibility for that matter. Pot and kettle I'd say!

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
A lot of folks would say Marty should have retired 20 years ago ::)
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
Heard about the Vaughan transfer and it disgusted me. It shouldn't be allowed. An awful kick in the teeth for all the people in Ballinrobe who helped him along his way. To quote another poster - I hope he wins nothing there. His conduct in the AI Final will haunt him for ages and this decision might too.

As for Marty - I think he could possibly have carried on at club level but this was definitely his last year of eligibility at county level.

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
HT over in McGovern Park, Ruislip, Fulham Irish 1-3 Corofin 3-3. Fulham Irish led 1-1 to no score after 5 mins. 

FT Fulham Irish 1-4 Corofin 3-8
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:23:47 PM by Blowitupref »
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose