N17

Started by seafoid, September 27, 2017, 02:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on September 29, 2017, 12:46:57 PM
Apart from FBD we were there for the U21 Final in 2015.
An excicing shoot out but the defending... !!!!
Always liked Tuam - probably the central Square in the town always gave a unique atmosphere and Ros have a decent record there over the years.
I think Mayo had a much worse record.
Tuam is a real football town as well. Galway is not.

seafoid

The motorways have really changed driving. I remember going up to Croke Park in the 80s via the old road. It could take 5 hours. Kilcock was a pain in the hole. So was Moate. So was Athlone. But if you won it was bearable.

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on September 29, 2017, 01:42:35 PM
The motorways have really changed driving. I remember going up to Croke Park in the 80s via the old road. It could take 5 hours. Kilcock was a pain in the hole. So was Moate. So was Athlone. But if you won it was bearable.

Kinnegad!!!!

ballinaman

Mighty stuff...Google maps still haven't updated yet though !

Cork Limerick motorway next surely ?

AZOffaly

Quote from: ballinaman on September 29, 2017, 01:45:21 PM

Would make sense alright. We have Limerick Galway now. Galway Dublin. Dublin Limerick. Dublin Cork. Dublin Newry. Limerick Cork would complete the set of major cities I think. Then you could look at Branches like Tralee/Killarney, Waterford, Castlebar, etc.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 29, 2017, 01:47:36 PM

Would make sense alright. We have Limerick Galway now. Galway Dublin. Dublin Limerick. Dublin Cork. Dublin Newry. Limerick Cork would complete the set of major cities I think. Then you could look at Branches like Tralee/Killarney, Waterford, Castlebar, etc.
Hi boy, don't forget about Belfast and Derry.

AZOffaly

True, but unfortunately our lads can only build as far as the border. I'd love a motorway all the way to Belfast.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 29, 2017, 01:57:13 PM
True, but unfortunately our lads can only build as far as the border. I'd love a motorway all the way to Belfast.
Yep the A1 from Newry to Belfast is a joke and people continue to be killed on it.

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 29, 2017, 02:06:22 PM
Yep the A1 from Newry to Belfast is a joke and people continue to be killed on it.
Northern Ireland motorways are built to religious specifications. It is ludicrous.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 29, 2017, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 29, 2017, 01:42:35 PM

Kinnegad!!!!
At least Offaly people had a shorter drive. One of my friends has an Offaly father and a Galway mother. He had  6 all irelands in the 1980s. His father needed a week to come back down to earth over 1982

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on September 29, 2017, 02:08:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 29, 2017, 02:06:22 PM
Northern Ireland motorways are built to religious specifications. It is ludicrous.

The section opened this week is almost as long as the NI M1.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 29, 2017, 01:47:36 PM

There is a motorway to Waterford.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

sorry I meant Limerick/Cork to Waterford.

armaghniac

Next opening is M11, bypassing Enniscorthy. So there will pretty much be a motorway to Wexford.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tubberman

Quote from: armaghniac on September 29, 2017, 05:07:11 PM
Next opening is M11, bypassing Enniscorthy. So there will pretty much be a motorway to Wexford.

For all the Dubs on their holliers
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."